Back playing after almost 2 years
Heya , after a long rest , I dusted off my CD's and reinstalled LoD . Now I play WoW online so I did'nt think there would be a problem . I finally made a character after a few DC's , now I can get on B.net but my games last 10 - 15 minutes before DC'ing , then I cant get back for some time , it's getting really annoying , so after the 10th time I've given up . Anyone any idea's . Have I missed something , It's been a while but last time I played I rarely if ever got DC'd . I may be missing something fundamental but can't think what . Anything will be appreciated . Thanks .
Take care
Sounds a bit off the wall, but double check your computer for virus. Not entirely sure why, but it seems to be a secondary effect of some common virus' (data trackers mostly) to hiccup your internet connection so often. Sometimes the hickup doesn't effect one program, but may effect another.

Past that, double check any firewall programs to see if they are the source (if you are comfortable, just shut down or disconnect one for an hour and see if the game drops).

The issue is probably server side at Blizz or a recent problem with your ISP. But since neither of these are easily verifiable, it may be worth checking out the other suggestions to rule them out.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Sounds a bit off the wall, but double check your computer for virus. Not entirely sure why, but it seems to be a secondary effect of some common virus' (data trackers mostly) to hiccup your internet connection so often. Sometimes the hickup doesn't effect one program, but may effect another.

Past that, double check any firewall programs to see if they are the source (if you are comfortable, just shut down or disconnect one for an hour and see if the game drops).

The issue is probably server side at Blizz or a recent problem with your ISP. But since neither of these are easily verifiable, it may be worth checking out the other suggestions to rule them out.

Cheers,

Munk

Cheers I tried it with my firewalls off and still the same . Also did a virus check and nothing showed . Now , I don't know anything about opening ports but when I try to log on , sometimes it wont get to the char selection screen but tells me to check my connection and make sure a certain port is open , how do I open a port . I have no idea's at all . Thanks .

After checking I find that the game is using said port , if it was'nt I doubt I could play at all . The problem still persists and has my friends stumped too .:(

Ok , another edit , I have timed the DC's , it averages between 16 and 20 minutes , so after 15 minutes , head to town and wait for the DC . DC / connect to server / log in , rinse and repeat , extremely annoying . I'll try to find other forums to post this in , may get some more idea's , cheers .
Take care
Quote:Heya , after a long rest , I dusted off my CD's and reinstalled LoD . Now I play WoW online so I did'nt think there would be a problem . I finally made a character after a few DC's , now I can get on B.net but my games last 10 - 15 minutes before DC'ing , then I cant get back for some time , it's getting really annoying , so after the 10th time I've given up . Anyone any idea's . Have I missed something , It's been a while but last time I played I rarely if ever got DC'd . I may be missing something fundamental but can't think what . Anything will be appreciated . Thanks .

Had the same problem what did ou do to get round it