8/8 EF lives
Testing with 3 hellfireing locks in Org shows that having 8/8 EF procs the 5/8 refund way more then 25% of the time.

The line in the patchnotes must refer to a bug unknown to me, where you could get multiple refunds from the same cast.

That is all.
The way it used to work, as I understand it. Is that each jump from the 8 piece had a chance to proc the mana refund. So you got somewhere between 0 and 100% of the mana back depending on your luck. The way I read this is that the extra jumps can still proc the refund, but you won't get more than 33% back for each cast.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:The way it used to work, as I understand it. Is that each jump from the 8 piece had a chance to proc the mana refund. So you got somewhere between 0 and 100% of the mana back depending on your luck. The way I read this is that the extra jumps can still proc the refund, but you won't get more than 33% back for each cast.

That is the way I understood it as well.

Old way:

Hit - Proc
Jump 1 - Proc
Jump 2 - Proc

100% mana refund

New way

Hit - Proc
Jump 1 - not checked
Jump 2 - not checked

OR

Hit - No proc
Jump 1 - No proc
Jump 2 - Proc

net result 33% mana back

I think that is all they did. Is that if it procs once on the cast no more procs are checked. That still means that the proc chance is higher than listed because you get 3 chances for a proc per cast. You just can't get 3 procs per cast anymore. Or at least that is how I understand it to work. Just thought I would present Delc's argument in a different manner so my me too post didn't look that way. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.