Okay, I've capped..... now I need to spec out
Yeah, that's right...I've capped...finally. I'm currently running the Onyxia quest line, and am trying to figure out the best hybrid build for Saxypoo.

It's a real toss up for me, really, considering that I love being in the middle of the action. I can be primary healer, or I can tank if needed. But I do love going toe-to-toe, and just go for all out DPS whenever possible. But I'm not really sure if I'm "built" optimally to be a hybrid.

I've done some digging around in here, and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. From what it seems, we Paladins are in short supply, so I need my Holy Brethren to sound off and help me out.

I'll be raiding soon, which is going to be a lot of fun. I just want to be able to be able to shift gears as needed by the group.

When I have a chance to put my exact specs out here, I'll do that, just to give you a bit more information. Off the top of my head, I believe that I'm 18/4/29.

Quote:It's a real toss up for me, really, considering that I love being in the middle of the action. I can be primary healer, or I can tank if needed. But I do love going toe-to-toe, and just go for all out DPS whenever possible. But I'm not really sure if I'm "built" optimally to be a hybrid.

Past this point, tanking is going to slowly stop being a consideration. As you get into the raid game, or even just 5-mans with raid-geared players, you'll find your aggro generation is simply inadequate to the task. You don't generate that much aggro, and what aggro you do generate comes at a steep mana cost which you can't really maintain even in a full set of Deathbone.

You can plausibly hybrid between lukewarm DPS and healing, however. You won't be doing as much DPS as a rogue or mage, but you can output a respectable level with the right weapon.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qVxuzxZZebxt0cqo

This is a 31 ret, 20 holy build that snags most of the useful talents out of holy (importantly, maxing the key talent Illumination) while taking just about every DPS-related talent out of Retribution to help you along. Repentance is mostly for PvP, so you can exchange it for Divine Favor if you prefer.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qAxu0goxZEbbt00o

This one's a 30 holy, 21 ret build that pushes healing a little more, taking Holy Power as well (Holy Power and Illumination together make for powerful raid healing), sacrificing Vengeance and Two-handed Specialization out of Ret. In raids, you'll be healing most of the time, but this build has less damage for when you want to try to do that.