rolling Draenae
273 hours after xpansion there will be 63,214 lvl 60 Draenae shaman looking for work.

If you don't want to be part of that, what is the next most interesting/useful class for Dranae, given their racial traits?
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:273 hours after xpansion there will be 63,214 lvl 60 Draenae shaman looking for work.

If you don't want to be part of that, what is the next most interesting/useful class for Dranae, given their racial traits?

Paladin or Priest.

Althought a Warrior or a Mage that can heal themselves could be an interesting choice.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:

Mage. I don't have a mage over lvl 20, but always wanted to play one. Draenei Mage it will be for me.
Quote:273 hours after xpansion there will be 63,214 lvl 60 Draenae shaman looking for work.

Do we have the racials more nailed down anywhere, yet? Because I've heard the Draenei racial described as an active HoT and as a passive regeneration thing. Assuming it's still an instant self-HoT, I think the Draenei Paladins will be insanely difficult to kill (moreso than human or dwarf paladins); they can now pop their racial heal and then go right back to whatever they were doing (cleansing, blessing, healing, etc.)

Another good choice would be a fury warrior (Bloodthirst has saved me and not quite saved me an equal number of times), but I don't want to encourage any competition for Spangles!

A priest seems less interesting because they already have Renew. Will the self-hot affect healing aggro just like Renew? and will it get bonuses from +healing gear*?

A mage or hunter seems the least interesting from a synergy perspective because while they can benefit from healing over time, their classes focus more on avoiding damage than facing it head-on like a Paladin or Warrior. In spite of that, I'm probably going to roll a hunter, because it's the last class for me to play (I've played everything else to at least level 20).

*this is probably a good question in general, given that the mage and paladin may be wearing +healing/damage gear, too.
Here's the information on the healing ability:

Blessing of the Naaru

Activate to heal your target for 50 health over 15 seconds. 1.5 second cast time and 3 minute cooldown. Scales with level. (Given value indicative of a level 1 character. Heals for about 1085 at level 70.)

Sadly it's not an instant cast. Given this info, what classes can make the most use of it? Pallies I think would be out as they have better heal options. Although this one doesn't take mana.
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Quote:Here's the information on the healing ability:

Blessing of the Naaru

Activate to heal your target for 50 health over 15 seconds. 1.5 second cast time and 3 minute cooldown. Scales with level. (Given value indicative of a level 1 character. Heals for about 1085 at level 70.)

Sadly it's not an instant cast. Given this info, what classes can make the most use of it? Pallies I think would be out as they have better heal options. Although this one doesn't take mana.

My paladin would kill for a HoT.

Of course it might take awhile for her to kill whatever it is but she'd love to have a HoT spell.:)
Quote:Here's the information on the healing ability:

Blessing of the Naaru

Now I *really* want to know if that gets bonuses from +healing or +damage/healing gear.
Quote:My paladin would kill for a HoT.
Of course it might take awhile for her to kill whatever it is but she'd love to have a HoT spell.:)

You might not even get to use it twice in one fight! :whistling: *flees*
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Blood Elves

Arcane Affinity
Racial Passive
Enchanting skill increased by 15.

Magic Resistance
Racial Passive
All resistances increased by 5.

Mana Tap
30 yd range - 30 sec cooldown
Drains 50 mana from your target and charges you with Arcane energy for 10 min. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

Arcane Torrent
Instant - 2 min cooldown
Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec. In addition, you gain 5 Rage/12 Mana/20 Energy for each charge of Mana Tap currently affecting you.
The above Mana value is indicative of a level 1 character as Mana values for this ability will scale with level.

Draenei

Gemcutting
Racial Passive
Jewelcrafting skill increased by 15.

Shadow Resistance
Racial Passive
Shadow Resistance increased by 10.

Heroic Presence
Racial Passive
Increases chance to hit by 1% for all party members within 30 yards.

Blessing of the Naaru
40 yd range
1.5 sec cast - 3 min cooldown
Heals the target of 50 damage over 15 sec.
The above Heal value is indicative of a level 1 character as value will scale with level.

from here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post8459333

OK, so to the question of which class would be the most interesting

Well let's limit it to the available classes. Draenai can roll Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Priest, Mage and Shaman

The jewelcrafting profession may, like the Enchanting profession, be usefully supported by a ready supply of crafted items. So Tailoring might be the best supporting profession since it's the only crafting profession that doesn't require an additional gathering profession. I have a notion that perhaps you might craft a robe then socket gems into it to skill up and keep needing to procure new robes. A minor consideration at best and very conjectural

Shadow resistance is a nice resistance and perhaps helps tanks the most in PvE. In PvP it helps frontline close combat fighters and ranged classes that actually stop to fight shadowpriests and warlocks. Mages usually don't go toe-to-toe with those classes in pvp or if they do they depend on a combo with massive burst damage where their own shadow resistance is not a factor (eg trinket pyro counterspell pom pyro fireblast spam AE and pray)

Heroic presence helps the character in 2 ways. First as a bonus to his own performance which helps rogues hunters and fury warriors most and priests and mages least. Second as a bonus to group performance. Anyone rolling a character with frequent instancing in mind tends to roll a tank or a healer so that kind of social character is enhanced by this racial. It maybe won't stack though (otherwise 5 draenai would be very strong) so it's not that big a deal in instances since someone is going to be draenai in a typical group in the early Expansion most times, simply because it's the new race to roll. This racial helps Hunters' pets too

The healing ability means more to non-healers. If you can't heal at all a crappy HOT on a cooldown means a lot more to you than it would to a healer. It's certainly not useless to a healer - it means you can chuck someone a minor heal without breaking the 5 second rule, combine that with Inner Focus (Priest talent) and you have significant healing while still at maximum mana regeneration. But anyone who has tried grinding or pvping with a rogue or warrior will tell you healing is hugely beneficial.

Conclusion: my vote would be a Fury Warrior with the Heroism trinket (life gain proc), dual Crusaders, the gain life when critted talent and Bloodthirst. Lots lof little +life gains while fighting as a strong dps character. Also nice if you raid to be slightly better at looking after yourself than all the other melee dps who don't get heals for certain fights
- makes good use of the +Shadow Protection both in pvp and pve as this character will be the focus of many attacks
- makes good use of the +hit aura both for himself and for instance groups he may tank for
- can Hot himself when solo or when pvping. Can also be used to gain initial aggro in aggro-senstitive fights when he is tanking

Aside: you didn't ask about Blood Elves. As a pvper I'd incline to characters that can silence - Shadow Priests and Mages with points in Arcane. Having two silences is exponentially more useful than having one. Mind you warlocks are so scary anyway in pvp that giving them Silence on top is just brutal
Quote:Aside: you didn't ask about Blood Elves. As a pvper I'd incline to characters that can silence - Shadow Priests and Mages with points in Arcane. Having two silences is exponentially more useful than having one. Mind you warlocks are so scary anyway in pvp that giving them Silence on top is just brutal
Makes me glad I rolled horde...

I think it was mentioned elsewhere on the LL, but a paladin with a mana drain and an AoE silence will be an absolute monster for group PvP.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
That's also very true

There's no doubt in my mind that the racials for these new races are much stronger than the racials of the old races. Escape Artist, meh :wacko:
Quote:That's also very true

There's no doubt in my mind that the racials for these new races are much stronger than the racials of the old races. Escape Artist, meh :wacko:

i'm actually preparing for blizzard to bolster the original racials. The stuff they are adding for the BE and DRA are just leaps and bounds stronger than even the best racial abilities pre expac.
Quote:i'm actually preparing for blizzard to bolster the original racials. The stuff they are adding for the BE and DRA are just leaps and bounds stronger than even the best racial abilities pre expac.

You're not kidding. +1% hit/spell hit to the party ...

Meanwhile my best bonus is +1% dodge to me ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:i'm actually preparing for blizzard to bolster the original racials. The stuff they are adding for the BE and DRA are just leaps and bounds stronger than even the best racial abilities pre expac.

Blizzard will probably bolster the original racials 6-9 months after the expansion is released. Part of the reason they're giving the new races such crazy racials is to motivate rolling and rerolling as BE/Draenei. Once a sufficient population has been established then they can buff the existing racials.
Quote:Blizzard will probably bolster the original racials 6-9 months after the expansion is released. Part of the reason they're giving the new races such crazy racials is to motivate rolling and rerolling as BE/Draenei. Once a sufficient population has been established then they can buff the existing racials.

They may take that route. but i don't think they would have to. nor do i think they will. If they boost the existing races abilities i think it will happen with the expac. there will be enough people rolling the new races just based on new content. people would reroll these races even if they updated the racial abilities. they really don't need to create additional insentive.

now, whether people keep playing the new characters after they've gotten a feel for the content is a totally different story.

edit: not only that, but the more i think about it the better it looks for them to rebalance the racials at the expac release. They are going to have a decent population of players coming back into the game that have left looking to play their existing characters. The revamped racials when added to the new 60-70 content and new talants would keep these individuals playing longer. Take into account that this group has already quit once and as a company blizzard should do as much as possible to keep the new game attractive to them.
Thanks for your thoughtful replies.

The plan was to have Spangles, an enchanter, drop tailoring for jewelcrafting. Enchanting is invaluable to a warrior for buffing the steady stream of incoming armor and weapons. Jewelcrafting would serve the same purpose.

The Draenae was meant to be a solo miner/herber, sending ore to Spangles for jewelling. The Draenae +15 passive to jewelcrafting complicates matters. Apparently there will be lvl 315 jewelling skills that only they can master. Ok, the new family member will be the jewelcrafter.

By processing the raw ore mined from the various deposits and mineral veins, jewelcrafters can extract gems from the ore which they can then use for their craft.

Obviously, jewellers will extract chips from ore and create bigger gems, as in DII. The key word is mined, so the DRA will also be the miner in the family, unless gem extraction from ore veins is packaged with the jewelling skill.

Although miners sometimes find gems while gathering ore, jewelcrafters mostly rely on their prospecting skills to get more of the precious stones.

This packet of information is impossible to understand, so let's say we want to roll a jeweller/miner. Which class? The theme of this thread was not to run with the herd, no faction slur intended:lol:

There is a glut of warriors at present because everyone dumped their pallies, rogues and hunters (classes that are quick to lvl) when they saw how much attention primadonna tanks were getting in MC. Blizzard has stated, however, that new instances will be designed less warrior-centric.

There is a shortage of pallies because nobody wants to healbot in the endgame, but these numbers will be augmented with the new shaman.

This leaves the hunter, priest or mage. I have not played these classes, which makes all of them attractive.

The healing passive may not be as important to a priest, but I'm not interested in healing anyway. Maybe I want a warrior alt disguised as another class.

Healing is a waste of mana. - Baguette (shadow priest)

How profound.

[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:Which class?
This leaves the hunter, priest or mage. I have not played these classes, which makes all of them attractive.

The Draenei +hit% aura and HoT would be very attractive to a hunter I imagine.

But overall I would worry about racials less than playstyle. Any class can gather minerals, but you'll have to level up to 35 to get 315 jewelcrafting (maybe higher if the cap is raised from 300), so pick a class that sounds fun for you.

I'd also probably wait until more about level 70 skills are previewed. Some class might get a 41-point talent that you really want to try.
Quote:The Draenae was meant to be a solo miner/herber, sending ore to Spangles for jewelling. The Draenae +15 passive to jewelcrafting complicates matters. Apparently there will be lvl 315 jewelling skills that only they can master. Ok, the new family member will be the jewelcrafter.

Unless there is a way to gain an additional +15 to jewelerycrafting via items/enchants/whatnot this is either completly untrue or a nice "screw you" to the horde.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:either completly untrue or a nice "screw you" to the horde.

Yeah, because that'd be completely out of character for Blizzard ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:Unless there is a way to gain an additional +15 to jewelerycrafting via items/enchants/whatnot this is either completly untrue or a nice "screw you" to the horde.

It would be pretty easy for Blizzard to include a few +Jewelcrafting items to get any non-draenei player high enough. There's a not-to-onerous precedent in the Bloodscythe and the Finkle's Skinner.