The "Popup" of the whole thread when replying
When in reply mode, one can see the last few posts of the thread. At the bottom of that is a link that pops up a new window with the whole full thread. That is often good and something I sue. However, the new window lack all menues and buttons and so on and is thus of very limited use if you want to do something more than just read the thread. COuld it be changed so that the new window is a fully functional one?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:However, the new window lack all menues and buttons and so on and is thus of very limited use if you want to do something more than just read the thread. COuld it be changed so that the new window is a fully functional one?

When in reply mode (as I am right now), I can click the link at the bottom: " Review the complete topic (launches new window) "

This loads a new screen, where the entire post is displayed. This new window looks identical to the thread I was viewing before I originally hit reply. The reply buttons work, the top buttons work.

As far as I can understand, this is what you are asking for. So either something has already been changed, or I'm a bit confused about what is "missing".

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:When in reply mode (as I am right now), I can click the link at the bottom: " Review the complete topic (launches new window) "

This loads a new screen, where the entire post is displayed. This new window looks identical to the thread I was viewing before I originally hit reply. The reply buttons work, the top buttons work.

As far as I can understand, this is what you are asking for. So either something has already been changed, or I'm a bit confused about what is "missing".

Cheers,

Munk

When I do that, at least on the work computer with IE6, the new window I get has no menues, buttons or even the field were the URL is shown and so on. Nothing.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:When I do that, at least on the work computer with IE6, the new window I get has no menues, buttons or even the field were the URL is shown and so on. Nothing.

Very odd! I'm using IE6.0.2900 and Firefox 1.5 to view this post. On both of them the popup window is fully functional. As I haven't updated through windows update (although I have a legit copy of XP and Ms Word 'Windows Geniune Advantage' gives me the heeby jeebies) my IE may be behind the times. Perhaps it has to do with your specific version of IE or a preference option?

Can anyone else try this out and tell us what they see?

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Can anyone else try this out and tell us what they see?
I see a complete window with all buttons, images, and functionality.

Must be something with the browser or settings....

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:I see a complete window with all buttons, images, and functionality.

Must be something with the browser or settings....

-Bolty

I tried it home as well (the other was work computer) and get the same result in my IE (both being version 6). In Opera which I normally use, it turned out I could not get it to work at all, nothing happened, but it is an older version and I have had trouble recently, that should not affect the IE though. Note, the version at work should be patched in all sort of ways, while my home IE is basically unpatched (only applied SP 2 to XP but basically not much else since I never uses it). I have not found any setting on these boards for it either.