Blue VS. Purple
I was looking at the druid PvP sets to remind myself of the upgrades, and decided I'd do a comparision between the superior and epic sets. The differences were interesting.

Champion's Set Stats (Improvements gained with Warlord's Set)
Armor 1078 (+171)
Str 79 (+42)
Agi 58 (+37)
Sta 78 (+20)
Int 67 (-3)
Spi 25 (+16)
Melee Crit 1 (+2)
Spell Crit 1 (0)
Plus Damage & Healing 75 (+10)

While I'm certainly not going to turn my nose up at the additional stats on the warlord's set, I'm also not going to loose any sleep over them either. If you factor in the shoulder reward from AB and the new legs from WSG, the total difference between the champions set and the warlords set is: 71 armor, 58 attack power (91 in cat form), 250HP (that's factoring in the loss of the set bonus), a loss of 195 mana, and 3.65% crit. Is that worth the extra weeks of insano-grind? Personally, I don't think so. At all. (Note, YMMV depending on whether or not you have Heart of the Wild.)

This perked up my curiosity, so I had a look at some of the other sets (not using the reputation rewards), and here's what I got. Warriors gain: 712 armor, 22 str, 33 agility, 43 stamina and +2 to hit. Admittedly that stamina looks great, but a gain of 44 attack power and 1.65% crit doesn't seem that huge. Mages gain 80 armor, a whopping 52 stamina, 12 intelligence, 18 spirit (whoopie!), loose 1% crit, and gain 58 damage and healing. (Incidently, can anyone tell me why mages need plus damage and healing?) Hunters (this is the last one, I promise) gain: 583 armor, 69 agility, 56 stamina, 38 intellect, loose 3% crit, and gain 2% hit.

Addimitedly stamina is a match winner, however the differences in the other stats aren't really jumping out of the page at me, particularly for my druid. What do other people think about their epic PvP sets? Are any of them really worth it, aside as a nice "treat" on your way to the rank 14 weapons? Also, does it seem to anyone else that the classes who focus on one or two stats - like mages and hunters - are better served by the upgrades than classes that focus on a greater range of stats? /discuss

PS. I have a feeling that this has probably been discussed ad-infinatum on the official boards. However, I don't like them, so I ask here.:P

edit: 58 + 33 != 88.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
As to the +damage and healing, that's just the wording Blizzard uses for, effectively +all schools of magic. Healing is counted as a school of magic, I suppose.