Give me your opinion on my new video card choice
I'm thinking about buying this thing. What do you think about my new video card choice?

[Image: 190345548844d2c74156559kj1.jpg]

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10042/

Quote:As if PC gaming wasn't expensive enough, Nvidia have unveiled a graphics card that will be known to shooter fans simply as 'God'. The $18K Quadro Plex 1000. How's your e-penis now?

You could buy a pretty decent sports car for that kind of money. Or, according to Nvidia, you can have 12 mega pixel hi-def video, and a card (actually it's more like a series of cards) that will run every PC game due for release in the next century.

"According to Nvidia, a node can achieve up to 64x full scene anti-aliasing (FSAA), deliver a performance of up to 148 megapixels on 16 synchronized digital-output channels and eight HD SDI channels. The firm says that the fill rate reaches 80 billion pixels/s while the geometry performance is rated at seven billion vertices/s."

The cheapest model starts at $17,500, and it just goes up from there! When they're released in September, we'll probably give a few away. Or, maybe we'll buy a house instead!

The only problem with owning one of these cards is you'd need about 20 of the latest CPUs in order to feed it data quick enough that the CPU wouldn't become a massive bottleneck. Of course, they're designed for integrated graphics computers and engineers, not really gaming!

If anyone out there actually plans to purchase one of these suckas, we'd love to hear how many of your children you intend to sell in order to fund such a venture. Of course, we do not condone such things.
Quote:I'm thinking about buying this thing. What do you think about my new video card choice?

I bet it won't fit in the slot.....

:P
Quote:I bet it won't fit in the slot.....

It will if I jam it in hard enough.
Quote:I'm thinking about buying this thing. What do you think about my new video card choice?

Cool! Here I am with my Executive Assistant using that video card on my latest home grown computer.

here
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

You have some money left from your mortgage deebye? I would suggest you to use the money to make that pool in your garden instead.:D
Quote:You have some money left from your mortgage deebye? I would suggest you to use the money to make that pool in your garden instead.:D
I think he should take her on a cruise in the Caribbean.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I think he should take her on a cruise in the Caribbean.

Occhi
By her, I assume you mean the new video card. Really, he should wait until he has the 20 processor system and take them both on the cruise.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:By her, I assume you mean the new video card. Really, he should wait until he has the 20 processor system and take them both on the cruise.

I think Occhi was suggesting that Dee take the pool on vacation... or maybe his mortgage... or maybe the garden. I would personally recommend the pool - nothing says classy tourist/vacationer like carrying one of these bad boys around with you:

[Image: 1010000000622762.jpg]

I think it comes with optional pink pony stickers too.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

I think it was John McEnroe who said "You cannot be serious!"

But to "Answer the question... the question, jerk", I think it's lovely. Have you thought of what to name it? "Precious" comes to mind, or perhaps something as simple and straightforard as "Freaking-overpriced-unnecessary-pile-of-circuits." Maybe just (I will hold him and pet him and pat him and squeeze him and love him and call him) George.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
With that many GPU's don't you think it's a little bit big?

[Image: 190345548844d2c74156559kj13qp8.jpg]

Quote:It will if I jam it in hard enough.

You don't have a big enough hammer.....:lol:
Quote:You have some money left from your mortgage deebye? I would suggest you to use the money to make that pool in your garden instead.:D

My backyard already has a pool:)
Quote:My backyard already has a pool:)
Then you *should* take her out on a cruise!

[Image: cruiseship2.jpg]

Quote:Then you *should* take her out on a cruise!

Ooo, look at that pink sweater. For $17k she even has good taste in clothing.:D