The Amazon Basin appears to be down
In the past, the lounge has very graciously permitted Amazon Basin folk to gather and gossip in a thread when the Basin site has technical problems.

Well, The Basin has been completely offline for a number of days now, and withdrawal is no doubt setting in for many of us.

I ask the kind indulgence of the Lounge authorities and denizens in posting a newsthread.

Unfortunately I don't have any news at this time, but maybe one of the Basin technical team will see this.

I do know that TPJ (the founder) was considering options for changing hosting, but I doubt anything is far enough along to account for this. Not to mention this doesn't appear planned.

In the past they've had glitches with new software and also outright hardware failure at the host's end...however, I should stress that I don't yet know the nature of the cause this time.

Sailboat
The rumor is that the hosting company lost power, and when the server came back up it was in bad shape. My understanding is that they are in the process of cleaning it up and getting everything back online.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:In the past, the lounge has very graciously permitted Amazon Basin folk to gather and gossip in a thread when the Basin site has technical problems.

Well, The Basin has been completely offline for a number of days now, and withdrawal is no doubt setting in for many of us.

I ask the kind indulgence of the Lounge authorities and denizens in posting a newsthread.

Unfortunately I don't have any news at this time, but maybe one of the Basin technical team will see this.

I do know that TPJ (the founder) was considering options for changing hosting, but I doubt anything is far enough along to account for this. Not to mention this doesn't appear planned.

In the past they've had glitches with new software and also outright hardware failure at the host's end...however, I should stress that I don't yet know the nature of the cause this time.

Sailboat
Hi Sails,

We've encamped in this thread starting on this page.

Heather
Bah. I searched on numerous combinations, but apparently in the wrong forum.

Carry on.

Sailboat