Vael
Quote:Took a page right out of Avarice's playbook.;)That's pretty much exactly what we do on SR.

I have nothing to add to this post. To be honest, the only reason I'm replying is because everytime I see "Vael" I think "Veal" and now I'm hungry.
Actually I think we don't bother having hunters feign and frost-trap. That's a pretty neat idea, but my worry would be that the hunters would aggro mobs that cross the traps, if they weren't aggroed by a warrior already. Might work if you do it on top of a platform, where mobs shouldn't be unless they're being kited.
Quote:Actually I think we don't bother having hunters feign and frost-trap. That's a pretty neat idea, but my worry would be that the hunters would aggro mobs that cross the traps, if they weren't aggroed by a warrior already. Might work if you do it on top of a platform, where mobs shouldn't be unless they're being kited.

We did it last night actually, were short on warriors and the trains were getting a bit too ugly so we did it to break them up a bit. Warriors kept the mobs just fine, but we didn't drop em till there were only like 8 eggs left.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:We did it last night actually, were short on warriors and the trains were getting a bit too ugly so we did it to break them up a bit. Warriors kept the mobs just fine, but we didn't drop em till there were only like 8 eggs left.

Well, that and a n00b controller (me) kinda slowed it down:P
--Mav
Quote:We did it last night actually, were short on warriors and the trains were getting a bit too ugly so we did it to break them up a bit. Warriors kept the mobs just fine, but we didn't drop em till there were only like 8 eggs left.

As well, relying on a skill that has about 40 resist checks in that room is a bad idea. It's a nice skill if you are able to use it late after the room has fully popped and you can do it. That's why I called for the traps to break up some of those trains. Most of the mobs were pretty good on the tanks, and the slowing effect for the 2 hunters (of 5) who were able to FD helped out to just spread the trains out a bit.

But rely on it as a strat? Nah. Our warriors have the training down pat.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
And we downed him too tonight, on the ninth try total, if memory serves. We even had the obligatory 1% wipe:P

Following our smoothest Razorgore kill ever, with only Dragonkin kiting, we moved from 23% on first attempt to the kill. It's all about tha tanks mon!

We pushed further towards Broodlord but since it was late we called it a night after a nasty wipe in the Suppression Room (oh I hate it already:)). Next time we know we don't have to be moving quite that fast.

Let the lootlord- and dragonfarming begin!

take care
Nuurabsaal

EDIT: almost forgot: 4 priests and one druid:)
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Congratulations! Very nice work.

I feel for the poor druid though, having to MOTW the whole raid. :lol:
Quote:I feel for the poor druid though, having to MOTW the whole raid. :lol:

and the whole thing like 13 times! (hehe, two wipes on trashmobs after Vael, talk about loosing focus:D)
raid-level druids are more valuable than Twill set items on Twilight's Hammer, they are so rare!

Broodlord pwned us today (with me absent), but we gor Vael on second attempt, looks like we got the magic going.

take care
Nuurabsaal
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.