BC Closed Beta has begun!
[Image: BC_Beta_Einladung_Header.jpg]

Well, just got my key. See you in the game:D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:[Image: BC_Beta_Einladung_Header.jpg]

Well, just got my key. See you in the game:D

Darn, scooped. (No key though.)

Marketing beta might be a better title - if it's releasing this year I'll be surprised if they fit many design-implement-test-report cycles between testers hitting 70 and the need to burn the discs.
Quote:Darn, scooped. (No key though.)

Marketing beta might be a better title - if it's releasing this year I'll be surprised if they fit many design-implement-test-report cycles between testers hitting 70 and the need to burn the discs.

Blizzard will burn a buggy version and have a insuficient patch ready on release day. That's their track record.
And the servers will lag as hell on release day. And still I'll pay for it.
Three of my level 60's can be found on the following PvE test realms (EU) in about one day (copy time):

1.) Undead Warlock "Hel": Shattrath (PvE)
2.) Night Elf Druid "Shakti": Nagrand (PvE)
3.) Tauren Druid "Winona": Tempest Keep (PvE)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The NDA has also been lifted. At least on the stuff in Beta. You still can't post Alpha screenshots. But hey, we can spill the Beta information now!
Quote:Blizzard will burn a buggy version and have a insuficient patch ready on release day. That's their track record.
And the servers will lag as hell on release day. And still I'll pay for it.

I'm pretty jaded about this, but I think burning the buggy one is the way to go. How long does it take to burn disks, stuff boxes, and ship them? It's gotta be atleast 3 weeks. As long as the art and maps are pretty much done, people can deal with a 100MB download.

Especially since they are going to REALLY REALLY need those 3 weeks. They have 6-10 weeks to balance 9 classes, a new PvP system, 9? zones, 10 levels of items, a new outdoor PvP system, a new profession, flying mounts, the pally shammy interaction, 10 or so new dungeons and raids... uugh, this is gonna be very rough at the start.

I've preordered, but I'm not sure I even wanna play on release day. It almost seems silly not to go to outland, but its gonna be a nightmare. Maybe I'll make a mage or rogue and duo with somebodys pally.