At The Point of a Bayonet
Obviously, ol' Cincinnatus comes to mind.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:Hi,
Rather than trying to export democracy, it may be better to export Eaton and its renown athletic fields and let democracy evolve from that;).

--Pete
Exporting Eaton is chancy at best, given the horrid cuisine that comes with it. Why doom one's self to failure in advance?

Setting the conditions in which democracy grows from the ground up takes patience and long term resolve, something that few American policies, absent "containment" have ever shown.

As George Carlin once observed, is America intent on spreading democracy, or indUStry?

Given the question, my reply and its suggestions for policy makers is: If the former, fine, grow it in a garden, and tend it as though you love it.

If the latter, to what end?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I've noticed these strange "double posts within a post" happening a lot recently. Could somebody who's had this happen to them elaborate on what might be going on?

It's happened to me when I replied to the same person's different posts in the same thread within a very short period of time. Basically instead of 2 different replies, it appended my 2nd reply to the 1st one.

-A
Quote:I've noticed these strange "double posts within a post" happening a lot recently. Could somebody who's had this happen to them elaborate on what might be going on?

Occured when I hit "reply" to two separate posts. I replied to Occhi, originally, and then hit reply again to one of kandrathe's posts but found the result was a two-in-one.

It's as if the forum itself doesn't want you to spam.:lol:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:OT: My, what great big teeth you have, Nico. Hope all is well in your land of lurkerdom.

Occhi

All the better to... um... gnaw at the matted hair on my tail, m'dear? :blink:

Hello! Long away and recently returned, I hadn't been around much as I wasn't participating in the Game De Jour that the Lounge was gravitating towards. Not my choice, mind you -- while the wife believes in giving to charity, a beggar-husband needing an online fix doesn't seem to meet her parameters.

No respect, no respect at all. *tugs tie*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Aha! I found the setting and turned the whole "combine posts" thing off. Not only does it appear to combine them badly, but I imagine that it works terribly with threaded mode.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete