Swine Flu Arrives Here
Quote:Hi,
Actually, I hail from Florence, Italy (my birth name is Pierluigi Tilli Grandolfi). But I discover Rabbie Burns' poetry in high school -- and loved it. Had to learn some Scots though.;)

--Pete
I'm getting a new mental image of you Pete...

[Image: gandolf.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Quote:I'm getting a new mental image of you Pete...
Think more House, but rude. :whistling:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Ive beenphonihg the nhs swine flu help line
cant get through all I seem to get is--
CRACKLING.

I think the wifes got swine flu

she keeps coming out in RASHERS

LAST AWFULL SWINE FLU JOKE------

My wife rang me and sez Ive run out fo petrol & Im scared to fill up because of swine flu.

You silly cow I sed its in Mexico not TEXACO
A colleague of mine just came back to work, he had the Taco flu. A few days of hefty flu-like sickness, then it was over.

I'm eating my veggies!
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Things seem so distant til they affect someone closer.

I know you are already ahead in matters of what to do about safety and hygeine, but I'll just say it anyways. Take care and live well.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Two more dead from Swine flu in our county since I last posted.

Missus Occhi has us (for all the good it will do us) swabbing our noses and gargling with salt water. OK preventative medicine for the common cold, I guess, but not so much IMO the Swine Flu.

Did get my regular flu shot, though, as I usually do.

Got a headache. But Guinness resolved most of that.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

Quote:Missus Occhi has us (for all the good it will do us) swabbing our noses and gargling with salt water. OK preventative medicine for the common cold, I guess, but not so much IMO the Swine Flu.
Supposedly it helps. Or so I've been told (along with an explanation that bored me, so I promptly forgot it) by people who should know.

Whatever, here's hoping that no rogue virus hits the Occhi household.:)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Two more dead from Swine flu in our county since I last posted.

Missus Occhi has us (for all the good it will do us) swabbing our noses and gargling with salt water. OK preventative medicine for the common cold, I guess, but not so much IMO the Swine Flu.

Did get my regular flu shot, though, as I usually do.

Got a headache. But Guinness resolved most of that.

Occhi

We als had a few deaths in holland. Teenagers, although they are not 100% sure yet that it was the flu.
In Sweden there have died 6 people maybe inconection with having got a vaccination.

I am for the first time also considering a vaccination. I never had the flu before since I can remember but of course this one targets my age group, while normal flu was usually more dangerous for old people, babies and sick people.

The debate in the media is interesting to follow though....lot's of conspiracy theories here as well. Last small article I read quoted a house doctor that said flu shot were given with dull needles that hurt quite a lot when used......such news will directly scare off a few 1000 people who were thinking about getting a vaccination.
It's quite silly how hyped this thing is. My company has had hand-soap and tissues at every coffee machine for months now. And the entire Dutch poplation is going to be vaccinated. Not once, noooo, TWICE! TWO SHOTS! Why? Because one shot only gives 98% protection.

I'm still waiting for corpse carts rolling through the streets with the coacher shouting "Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!" This isn't the Spanish flu!

'tis a conspiracy between the media and the hand-soap producers... yesh..
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:It's quite silly how hyped this thing is.

Agreed. The whole swine-flu hysteria inspires a big-freaking-whoop response from yours truly. Contrary to the fearmongers' position, this is not the worst disease outbreak we've ever faced, or even close to it. Nor is it even NEW. Prior generations have faced off against H1N1 and came out smelling like a rose, just like every other form of influenza.

Individuals might get sick and maybe even die, but humans as a species are just going to brush this off. People love to wave around exaggerated worst-case scenario death count predictions as a sign of the impending apocalypse. Yet even these extreme numbers don't even add up to one major city. You want to worry about dying, worry about something that actually has a valid statistical chance of happening - like a car accident.
The administrator at a local hospital just died of H1N1 this week. My youngest son has been home sick this week, and I'm not sure what he has. So far, no symptoms for the rest of us.

On a lighter note:

[Image: The-Obama-COPE-Poster.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:The administrator at a local hospital just died of H1N1 this week.

Now THAT is just plain funny. :rolleyes:

kandrathe wins the monthly prize for ironic news.
My wife and I were down for the count with some sort of flu last week. I didn't go to a doctor, but I felt like I was beaten with a bag of hammers for a few days. We got over it for the most part, but we both feel pretty exhausted.

Today my immediate neighbour told me his daughter was diagnosed with H1N1 earlier this week. She's the same age as my son and they play together a lot.

My son shows no signs of any kind of illness, which is normal for him.

(I sneezed just as I hit "Add Reply". My H1N1 germs are embedded in this reply)
It looks like H1N1 and H1N1A are nearly everywhere now.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

Hi,

Here in Sweden at the place that I work I have the option to get the flu shot for free.

But I am one of those people who thinks that this flu is greatly exagerated and is not any more serious than the other ones in the past years.

I have never taken any shots for the flu. One argument to not take the shot is the amount of chemicals it consists of. There have been some quite severe side effects reported by taking the shot.

BR Anders
Quote:I have never taken any shots for the flu. One argument to not take the shot is the amount of chemicals it consists of. There have been some quite severe side effects reported by taking the shot.

It's a poor argument. Any significant side effects are extraordinarily rare, and aren't due to whatever "chemicals" you refer to. You're much better off getting the shot, if you can get it.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Hi,
Supposedly it helps. Or so I've been told (along with an explanation that bored me, so I promptly forgot it) by people who should know.

Whatever, here's hoping that no rogue virus hits the Occhi household.:)

--Pete
Thanks, Pete, all is still reasonably well. Our county has seen a quiteing. I was at drug store last week, two ladies had their kid with them, masks on face, waiting for Tamiflu as I waited for something else.

It was a non panic, get this treated and such event.

No deaths 'round here since last report.

My Guinness preventative regime seems to be working!:D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete