Normalizing low quality items...
Alright here I am once again...here goes...

When you use the cube recipe to normalize lower quality items:

1) In the case of armour, is the defence rerolled completely within the range of "normal" armour of that type?

2) More importantly does the maximum number of sockets change for such an item?

Thanks again :)
Quote:When you use the cube recipe to normalize lower quality items:

1) In the case of armour, is the defence rerolled completely within the range of "normal" armour of that type?
Yes.

Quote:2) More importantly does the maximum number of sockets change for such an item?
The ilvl of the rerolled item is set to 1, which reduces the maximum number of sockets for many items.

For example, all normal quality or superior elite body armors will receive four sockets from Larzuk. However, a low quality Sacred Armor which has been normalized with the El + chip recipe will always receive three. This can be extremely helpful when one wishes to make Duress, or one of the 1.11 + class skills armors.

The maximum number of sockets a specific ilvl 1 item will receive can be determined with adeyke's Diablo 2 Armour Upgrade Defense Calculator.
Zyr

That's fabulous thanks.

I always linked to that calc through the AB:)

Thanks a bunch.
Quote:I always linked to that calc through the AB:)

Yes, the high muckity mucks at the Basin were wise enough to store a copy on the Basins servers, should Adeykes Colorado St. space go poof.

Both links work for now, but everyone with that sucker bookmarked would be wise to keep both links for both locations should adeyke's space be cleared.

Of course, with the Basins servers down, the Colorado St. location is the only one available. Ironical, isn't it?
US East Administrator on The Amazon Basin

[Image: mikeandroe.png]