Does anybody here play D&D?
Quote:MEDIUM: AIM, ICQ, MSN IM, (Trillian for all these plus more); I prefer MSN IM personally

I just thought of this, what about Skype? Not only does it do VOIP, but it has a chat feature also if someone can't connect with the VOIP. Just another suggesstion.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Quote:Was it fun? I've heard of those before, but never got into them. I think I tried a PBM (or email rather) version and found it entirely boring. I believe the live chat ones feature die rollers and everything, correct? I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl, although nothing can replace ye old pen-and-paper, IMO.

Another medium I've found handy is the game Neverwinter Nights, which can be picked up fairly on the cheap nowadays. I've used it with some friends scattered across the country, running Teamspeak as well, to hold pnp style gaming sessions using the NWN engine. We built the module, devoid of enemy spawns and the like, and a DM handles the story and spawning any encounters. It's an interesting mix of hack'n'slash gaming and DnD roleplaying.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I just thought of this, what about Skype? Not only does it do VOIP, but it has a chat feature also if someone can't connect with the VOIP. Just another suggesstion.
I think I'd like to stay away from VOIP. VOIP is highly overrated and, imo, only useful in situations where you need to communicate quickly, such as in MMORPGs, FPSs, etc. during combat situations. For stuff like this, your standard IM usage will be so much better. Using a chat program allows for log taking and since it's pretty much a guarantee that someone will miss a session every now and then or have to go afk for a few minutes, being able to back-read will be much more advantageous than having to say it over and over again. Also, I still enjoy reading the old logs every once in a while for a bit of nostalgia. Well, anyways, that's just my $.02 on the matter.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:FRONT-COVER
  • I have no idea where my front cover has gone!?! It had a nice boarder and was somehow lost between version updates.<>
    [st]>>Still unfixed!

SPELLS
    • Psionic spells are all missing their ability requirements. I will update this later.<>
      [st]>>Damn! Just realized I forgot to update this...
      • The spell "Elemental Enchantment" had a 'wind' category that required an "equilibrium" check to stand. The correct term is "balance" check. Also, the spell was deemed unbalanced and instead of knocking an opponent down would push them back 1-square on the combat grid.<>
        [st]>>The spell was fine. I was thinking of the magical affix which has been changed.

For your information, I have updated my guide. All the old links should still work fine. I couldn't find a border I liked so I just left off the cover-page.

Quote:Whoops, I did get that backwards. I meant 5:00pm PST. that would be between 7 and 8pm EST depending if it's spring or fall. I can never remember how far behind the Pacific is.

Well, not sure where the interest is now with this "online" D&D, but I just loaded up MSN IM. For the record, I would prefer 3rd edition. Since nobody seems willing to DM, I can only assume this idea is dead in the water for now, but at least we (as a community) are aware of the interest of said members within the Lurker Lounge if someone were ambitious enough to start up such an endeavor.

Well, not sure where the interest is now with this "online" D&D, but I just loaded up MSN IM. For the record, I would prefer 3rd edition. Since nobody seems willing to DM, I can only assume this idea is dead in the water for now, but at least we (as a community) are aware of the interest of said members within the Lurker Lounge if someone were ambitious enough to start up such an endeavor.

"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hmm, is something wrong with your computer MEAT? Cause it seems like you just said the same thing 5 times between two different posts
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:Well, not sure where the interest is now with this "online" D&D, but I just loaded up MSN IM. For the record, I would prefer 3rd edition. Since nobody seems willing to DM, I can only assume this idea is dead in the water for now, but at least we (as a community) are aware of the interest of said members within the Lurker Lounge if someone were ambitious enough to start up such an endeavor.
You could say that again...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Well, not sure where the interest is now with this "online" D&D, but I just loaded up MSN IM. For the record, I would prefer 3rd edition. Since nobody seems willing to DM, I can only assume this idea is dead in the water for now, but at least we (as a community) are aware of the interest of said members within the Lurker Lounge if someone were ambitious enough to start up such an endeavor.
I thought I had problems loading the page or something, I kept scrolling up and down to see if it would change...

And yeah, without a DM we're pretty much sunk for now.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Here is a nice utility that a friend of mine found on the net: Dungeon Helper

It is a combination chat program, die roller and whiteboard.
Quote:Here is a nice utility that a friend of mine found on the net: Dungeon Helper

It is a combination chat program, die roller and whiteboard.

Hi All,
I have decided to let one or two experienced players join my current 1st/2nd Edition ADnD game. If you are an experienced role-player and are familiar with 1st or 2nd edition ADnD then you are an ideal candidate. Because this is a mid-level adventure with a full party, I can only allow experienced players to join (exceptions may be allowed for people I know).

My game is a combination of role-playing, mental exercises and combat. It is a story based, mid-level adventure with a well balanced party of six, 14th to 15th level characters set in a campaign world of my creation. To keep the game running smoothly players must be willing to commit to a 3 hour session every Saturday from 20:00-23:00 ET. The six other players are mature adults who occasionally pepper their dialog with colorful language so if you are easily offended this might not be for you. I am a very selective DM and this is not a "first come first serve" invitation.

My games are run on IRC and we use Dungeon Helper (see link above) for mapping and players are required to use both programs. Access to the 2nd Edition Player's Handbook is highly recommended. New players can use an existing 14-15th level character or create a new one (more on this later). My previous posts in this thread contain information that might be useful.

Interested persons should PM me or respond to this thread.
FYI, I have a new version with a new adventure - just click on the link at the top to my website. To be honest, I'm more taken with the adventure than the changes to the book, but I must warn you it's a little dark; I had a lot of fun writing it! The story was compelling to create (I had a basic premise I was imagining in my mind, but was pretty much creating the whole background story as I got further into the adventure) and ended up much deeper than I expected. The cut-scenes the DM reads aloud to the players was a tremendous amount of fun to write. Feel free to check it out if you desire. Oh, sorry I'm no artist, but the maps I created are adequate for my sessions and I hope if you like the adventure you find them useful :P.

Quote:What was changed from DHH v4.2 to 4.3

1. The Movement Rate Modifier given from Agility was changed to reduce the movement rate modifier; in 4.2 the modifier was too great a bonus/penalty. Now it is balanced. Originally, I had it as it is now, but I wanted to simplify things so I changed it too how it was in 4.2, however that was too great a change.

2. The Experience Modifier given from Wisdom has been eliminated due to popular request for multiple reasons:
.....a) DM's found it unbalanced their parties when they wanted the characters too all be the same level and gain he same amount of experience per session.
.....B)Players found it to be an annoyance to figure out their "next" - lazy SOB's;).

3. Zero-Level paragraphs reworded a bit to clarify some tidbits. Also, after *MUCH* play testing, it was unanimously decided to allow zero-levelers to take one Regional Feat at zero level which *does not* count against their first-level feat. So far, this has not had any effect on the games balance, but has helped personalize each players character more to their liking.

4. On the Family Chart, Alignment was removed (see #6 below for the reason).

5. DHH Combat Statistics has been moved around a bit for simplicity's sake. It's much easier to read now.
.....a) Included a new rule called "Per Day" which was first introduced on the Wizards of the Coast Forums. The premise is that the D&D sacred cow of "per-day" skills is outdated when "per-hour" works better for everyone and still limits the characters powers. I liked the idea tremendously and we have been play-testing it with much enthusiasm for several months now. So far, so good, we decided to make it a DHH standard.

6. Conceptual Alignment has replaced alignment completely. The concept was first introduced on the Wizards of the Coast Forums detailing how alignment was one of D&D's sacred cows. I rather liked he idea - I never used alignment anyhow unless my player's were acting absurdly out of line. I feel this fits inline perfectly wit the DHH philosophy.

7. Included is an optional Spell Point system I was working on, however, as you can see, it is not nearly as polished as the rest of my book. At this point in time, I'm having trouble justifying adding this into the DHH because I only wanted to include what I felt was DIEHARD to the DHH, and this OPTIONAL rule seems, well optional. At least its one of the more balanced and enjoyable spell point systems I've seen yet!

8. Changed wording in Skills of Torture and its appropriate use w/out alignment.

9. Got rid of the Feat Spell Flash because I didn't realize that there was already a similar feat in Tomb of Blood already.

10. Because of the UPDATE to alignment and spell points, I altered the PC-sheet at the end of the DHH, although I did keep #of spells per day incase you wanted to use the old system with the new sheets. If you prefer the old ones, you can still use them from 4.2 (4.2 will still be up on my site).
Quote:Hi All,
I have decided to let one or two experienced players join my current 1st/2nd Edition ADnD game. If you are an experienced role-player and are familiar with 1st or 2nd edition ADnD then you are an ideal candidate. Because this is a mid-level adventure with a full party, I can only allow experienced players to join (exceptions may be allowed for people I know).

My game is a combination of role-playing, mental exercises and combat. It is a story based, mid-level adventure with a well balanced party of six, 14th to 15th level characters set in a campaign world of my creation. To keep the game running smoothly players must be willing to commit to a 3 hour session every Saturday from 20:00-23:00 ET. The six other players are mature adults who occasionally pepper their dialog with colorful language so if you are easily offended this might not be for you. I am a very selective DM and this is not a "first come first serve" invitation.

My games are run on IRC and we use Dungeon Helper (see link above) for mapping and players are required to use both programs. Access to the 2nd Edition Player's Handbook is highly recommended. New players can use an existing 14-15th level character or create a new one (more on this later). My previous posts in this thread contain information that might be useful.

Interested persons should PM me or respond to this thread.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I honestly think I forgot how to play 2nd edition... That's just sad, because I was one of [those] guys who said, "3E sucks! It's so overpowered and unbalanced! 2E with house-rules is the best!!!" for months after 3E came out. And now, I don't remember *anything* about 2nd ed. except for THAC0. Oh well. So 20:00 is 8:00 P.M.? That would be... 5:00 P.M. here in California. Not sure if I could start quite that early.

How late do you usually play until?