A different kind of 31/5/15 build for a warrior
So I've been toying with a respec on my warrior. He already is a 31/5/15 but I'm looking at changing that up some. Due to play schedule I won't be an MT with him in raids anymore, or not often at least, but I do end up as the 2nd or 3rd tank and I do still enjoy tanking. I've noticed that aggro isn't generally the issue with tanking lately, survivability has become more key and there have been times where I've gone, if I only still had Last Stand I would have survived that. I do have a Life Giving Gem and it has been an OK substitute, when I know that I will need it equipped, but there are times when I don't put it on, times when I expect to just be DPS so I don't wear it in favor of other trinkets.

So this is what I've been thinking about:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?TAMxdV0oxkVZxizoo

It's not conventional

I'm looking at getting deep enough in prot to get to last stand. The changes to bloodrage in 1.11 giving it 5 more rage when you hit it will actually help it in a DPS role too. So the thought is that the 15 points in prot are more to dig to last stand and 1/3 in improved shield block to help take advantage of the natural block 25% or better + shield block pushes crit and crush off the table. My gear is certainly good enough that I can lose anticipation. The extra duration and the extra block helps insure that you can pretty much keep it up all the time. This actually means that if I end up tanking in my DPS gear where I don't have a lot of +def that I'll likely get crit less often than I do now. Of course I still think the way this works is a bug and that the bug is that you should be able to be crit or crushed but simply block some of the damage but right now you replace those with just a normal hit that you block. This means I really only need 14 points in prot, leaving a point to put anywhere. I don't see a good spot in the arms tree (I have a Quel and an Untamed Blade, sword spec helps) and it doesn't seem to be very helpful anywhere in fury after getting the 5% crit so I dropped it into defiance as a little more aggro can't hurt.

The arms tree changes from the typical cookie cutter is becuase I've been debating dropping deep wounds/impale for awhile as a DPS test. Imp HS coming into play would help some with aggro generation (I do have the the AQ books for revenge and HS just not battle shout) since HS is my only good rage dump for aggro without shield slam and MS is not really a good aggro tool. The point in improved hamstring is there because I needed a point to unlock MS.

Anyway thoughts?
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Actually, that build is close to what I did with Lizzy. The difference being is I removed two points from toughness, did not get improved shield block, and put 4 in to defiance.

In effect I went 5 shield spec, 2 imp blood rage, 3 toughness, 1 last stand, and 4 defiance. It worked very well from a tanking stand point when I needed to do serious tanking.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Take 2 from toughness and dump it in defiance and it is solid on the protection side.

If you can get your base block rate to 25%, the +75% block from the shield block skill pushes crushing blow off the table. That is huge. Imp shield block then is a huge mitigation factor for raiding. Last stand saves the bacon alot, and is worth it.

On the arms side I see you are skipping impale and my guess is you dont want deep wounds taking up a debuff slot. That is fine. It is very annoying trying to CC something that has deep wounds.
Creator of the Barbarian variant
Quote:Actually, that build is close to what I did with Lizzy. The difference being is I removed two points from toughness, did not get improved shield block, and put 4 in to defiance.

In effect I went 5 shield spec, 2 imp blood rage, 3 toughness, 1 last stand, and 4 defiance. It worked very well from a tanking stand point when I needed to do serious tanking.

I'd dump two from Toughness and grab Improved Shield Block and 3/5 Defiance. Improved Shield Block can significantly increase overall damage mitigation, especially once you start equipping raiding gear with obscene amounts of +BlockValue on it.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.