"Cleave" is a funny word that has opposite meanings
Quote:Cleave is also a fancy Biblically Correct term for nookie.

Several men in the Bible cleaved unto their wives... I don't know if that means splitting her open or getting sticky stuck together with erm, glue. Whatever it is, sounds dirty.

Yes Gris, I will behave. This is as far as I go. :wub:
The Hebrew word "dabaq" is the King James version "cleave" used in Genesis to describe marriage, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." It translates to cling, stick, stay close, cleave, keep close, stick to, stick with, follow closely, join to, overtake, catch. It is not used sexually at all, in fact later in Joshua the same word is used to describe how one should relate to God, "But cleave unto the LORD your God, as ye have done unto this day."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:CLEAVE

klev:

Is used in the Bible in two different senses:

(1) baqa` "to split," or "to rend." We are told that Abraham "clave the wood for the burnt-offering" (Genesis 22:3), and that "they clave the wood of the cart" (1 Samuel 6:14). The Psalmist speaks of Yahweh cleaving fountain and flood (Psalms 74:15), and the plowman cleaving the earth (Psalms 141:7). For other examples see Judges 15:19; Ecclesiastes 10:9; Psalms 78:15; Habakkuk 3:9.

(2) dabhaq; kollao, "to adhere to," or "to join one's self to." This meaning is the reverse of the preceding. The Psalmist speaks of his tongue cleaving to the roof of his mouth (Psalms 137:6). We are told that a man should cleave unto his wife (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5). It is said that Ru clave unto her mother-in-law (Ruth 1:14), and that certain men clave unto Paul (Acts 17:34; compare Acts 4:23; 11:23 margin).

"Cleave" is also used in this sense to describe one's adherence to principles. Paul admonished the Romans to cleave to that which is good (Romans 12:9)
from this source

Judging by current major league baseball standings, you would do better to buy a detroiter rather than a cleaver.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Something went wrong with the inflammable tent. I had my friend's baseball cards in there, and they got burnt to a crisp. I was really worried, because it seemed like he really liked those Maris and Mantle cards. Fortunately, he says they were invaluable, and he will never replace them. Nevertheless, he now thinks I'm incompetent and incapable of being trusted.
Quote:What's that old Jewish toast? Ah, yeah, "Next year in Las Vegas!" :w00t:

--Pete
I thought old Jewish toast was a Matzoh. :blink: As to Vegas . . . you betcha!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

Quote:The punch line
Thanks for that. Beautiful technique and great timing :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?