Look out Domo we're coming for you!
Keepers of the Dusk and friends (including a bunch of us lurkers) had first kills on:

Geddon (2nd pull of the night, this was the 3rd raid that got to him)
Shazzrah (1st, 2 deaths)
Sulfuron (2nd pull)
Golemagg (1st pull)

It was the first time most of the raid had seen Shazz, Sulf, and Golemagg.

Golemagg got interesting as the MT went link dead and things got a little nuts with both dogs getting loose after Golemagg got to close to him and they went a little nuts, many in the raid were falling but we had enough DPS to get him burned while the dogs ran loose. Had it not been for the lag it would have been a very smooth wipe out.

We got a few people done with the hands quest and we could very well be summoning Major Domo Executus next Friday. Was a 6 hour run from start to finish.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
So, how much of a stumbling block is Majordomo Executus going to be? Think we can get him next week?

And, then, how far off is Ragnaros? Otheo is coming along well for FR gear, but the rest of our melee is... underprepared. Scary that I'm the tank with the 2nd best FR gear. I don't even have any enchants!

What a run tonight, though. And Might dropping like rain from the skies! 3 pieces! And 4 or 5 of Prophecy!

-Jester
It was great fun. :) Healing Way really shines in there. Now, to get more regen for Mogo in her healing gear....;) I'm absolutely loving the 1.11 changes for shaman.
Intolerant monkey.
After you left a person from another guild was talking on vent about the Domo fight. He basically said to expect ~4+ weeks to get it down. give or take. I understand it to be quite a complex fight.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:So, how much of a stumbling block is Majordomo Executus going to be? Think we can get him next week?

Most folks need a week or two on him, until they figure out the 'order' that works best for them to kill his friends.

Quote:And, then, how far off is Ragnaros? Otheo is coming along well for FR gear, but the rest of our melee is... underprepared. Scary that I'm the tank with the 2nd best FR gear. I don't even have any enchants!

What a run tonight, though. And Might dropping like rain from the skies! 3 pieces! And 4 or 5 of Prophecy!

-Jester

Rag is likely a while off unless you can convince people of the utter importance of FR gear beforehand. Good luck. THe only way I've ever seen people believe FR gear (or any other resist gear) is needed is to get in, do the fight, and realize that you CAN NOT survive without the resist levels. Once you finally reach that point and people realize it...then after some farming of the gear, Rag is much easier. How long it takes you to beat him will depend entirely on how fast your raiders believe in the acquisition of FR gear.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Rag is likely a while off unless you can convince people of the utter importance of FR gear beforehand. Good luck. THe only way I've ever seen people believe FR gear (or any other resist gear) is needed is to get in, do the fight, and realize that you CAN NOT survive without the resist levels.

While this may be true for your melee characters, ranged really don't need any or much. My priest wears her normal gear for Rag now (gives maybe 70-80 fire res?), and does not bother with fire prot potions (although these can help tremendously when you're learning the encounter). Consumables that up your dps also help. Ragnaros really is all about dumping as much dps into the big firework before his fire damage becomes a problem, and too many people overgimp their dps for unnecessary fire res. If you learn the positioning and how to get out of the lava should people get the spacing wrong and send you flying, you're good to go.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I took the dive for the Pants of Prophecy early in the evening (Mags), and ended up getting a second piece (belt) just before Golemagg. I wouldn't have gotten the second piece, but Necrali (vor_lord) decided to pass because he has a good healing belt (from ZG) and he wanted to hold out for a BOP. So I'm up to 3 pieces now! :) Faster Flash Heals!
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote:While this may be true for your melee characters, ranged really don't need any or much. My priest wears her normal gear for Rag now (gives maybe 70-80 fire res?), and does not bother with fire prot potions (although these can help tremendously when you're learning the encounter). Consumables that up your dps also help. Ragnaros really is all about dumping as much dps into the big firework before his fire damage becomes a problem, and too many people overgimp their dps for unnecessary fire res. If you learn the positioning and how to get out of the lava should people get the spacing wrong and send you flying, you're good to go.

I will respectfully disagree here. I still find it a much easier fight in my FR gear than in my full DPS (A difference of around 130fr). The problem is low FR folks (Such as yourself with 70-80fr) will blow the heck out of your ranged damage, which you really, really need in peak performance as we don't have to stop or back out of Rag's range every few seconds. You may say to yourself "Heck, I didn't get blown around at all this time" but your compatriots probably got pounded. That's the insidious nature of that attack. YOU don't go flying, your friends do. Seeing as just about everyone around the outside ring is a mana user, that's a lot of potential blowups.

While you say that if you learn the positioning and how to get out of the lava, I counter with "If you learn the positioning and have adequete FR, you won't NEED to get out of the lava, except for in freak chances. Especially with learning (And you need massive FR for Vael anyhow, might as well start collecting it) runs. And no matter how you space yourself around the outside ring, you will be taking hits from Rag. FR makes the life of everyone around you much easier.

Now, when you know what you are doing and have downed Rag a bunch, you can monkey around a little. But everyone in the raid should be boasting at least 150FR when they face Rags, while melee need even more.
Great run lurkers;) Awesome job, and thanks for advice on positioning and strategies, as always.

I turn to the Pocket Guide to Molten Core for basic strategies, which are all pretty much in line with GG, I've noticed, and with GG filling in the gap by showing the positioning, we really sail.

Wolfete from ToC was the one on vent at the end talking about Domo. I believe the challenge from him was to defeat Domo in 4 weeks or less from first attempt. Lets see if we can beat that challenge ;-)

Grats to everyone on the drops. 2 set items in one night Xarhud! nice.

Now its time to start having might+felheart nights instead of might+prophecy nights;)

Morde
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Now its time to start having might+felheart nights instead of might+prophecy nights;)

Morde

Since you are new to MC, I'll fill you in on secret. Don't EVER, EVER, EVER wish for Felheart. Soon enough, you'll be DROWNING in the stuff! =P
Quote:Since you are new to MC, I'll fill you in on secret. Don't EVER, EVER, EVER wish for Felheart. Soon enough, you'll be DROWNING in the stuff! =P

Lets see. I'm a warlock, and I need nexus crystals for the shadow power glove enchant. What's the problem here again?

Just kidding, I'd really like to see some nightslayer, cenarian, earthfury, and giantstalker drop as well ;-)

Morde
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Since you are new to MC, I'll fill you in on secret. Don't EVER, EVER, EVER wish for Felheart. Soon enough, you'll be DROWNING in the stuff! =P

Ah but there is a difference over on Terenas. We usually have 5 or 6 warlocks on a run. Not just 5 or 6 out the 360 some toons in the alliance.:)

I'd like to see a bit more variety in the drops. Though for fast progression getting the tanks and the priests geared first isn't a bad thing. :) It's better than the what 3 months without a prophecy drop for us?

I understand that we did see a bit more Giantstalkers on the one run that Marn couldn't make, but I got the pants a week ago so I can't complain. If I get one MC loot a month I figure I'm doing very well. :)

But yeah a bit more even spread from the PRNG would be nice. :) Though I think every raid wants that. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I'd like to see a bit more variety in the drops. Though for fast progression getting the tanks and the priests geared first isn't a bad thing. :) It's better than the what 3 months without a prophecy drop for us?

Yep, if memory serves, we were in MC for 3 months before seeing a single piece of GS or Prophecy.
Quote:I will respectfully disagree here. I still find it a much easier fight in my FR gear than in my full DPS (A difference of around 130fr). The problem is low FR folks (Such as yourself with 70-80fr) will blow the heck out of your ranged damage.

If you are playing with a geared group, tossing a heal or two to an under FR'ed player for the lava splashes isn't a problem. If you not as well geared in general, those heals have a real cost. When I'm on ranged duty, I can definatly notice the difference between the players with 150 fr, and the players with 50.