An Inconvenient Truth
Did anyone happen to catch "Global Warming: What you need to know" this evening on the Discovery channel? This really interested me but i was unable to see it. i'm sure they will replay it at some point.
Quote:Did anyone happen to catch "Global Warming: What you need to know" this evening on the Discovery channel? This really interested me but i was unable to see it. i'm sure they will replay it at some point.
Yeah, hopefully they can squeeze it in between episodes of Dog Whisperer.

It was good, I caught most of it. Nothing fancy. It would probably appeal to the people who didn't like An Inconvenient Truth because of the inclusion of Gore's personal story.

What I liked most about it was a nice bit about what individual families can to do lower their "carbon footprint". From the obvious of driving fuel efficient or hybrid cars to the less obvious of making minor adjustments to your house's thermostat and buying locally grown foods. All in all a good watch. Tune in and clean your apartment/house while it's on like I did.;)

This just in from the FOX News ticker: TERROR ALERT: ELEVATED
The error occurred on line -1.
Quote:This just in from the FOX News ticker: TERROR ALERT: ELEVATED

Let me break out my cap'n crunch decoder ring...

hmmmm 3 to the right... 4 left...

BUSH'S APPROVAL: DOWN
Quote:BUSH'S APPROVAL: DOWN
Modern-day Sisyphus?

I guess not. It's all been downhill.

(I didn't make up the thing about the terror alert. As soon as the documentary finished I flipped to FOX and saw the ticker. Conspiracy Theorists activate!)
Quote:Modern-day Sisyphus?

I guess not. It's all been downhill.

(I didn't make up the thing about the terror alert. As soon as the documentary finished I flipped to FOX and saw the ticker. Conspiracy Theorists activate!)
This whole terror alert thing is a load of crap. Terrorists have the initiative, the Terror alert scheme is an attempt to broadcast the image that the government is doing something. What they are and should be doing to handle terrorists, however, aren't things that should be broadcast. The terrorist should only know what the government is doing when the bullet hits his bone, or when the cuffs click around his wrists, or when the knife hits his throat and the sawing motion begins, or when the bomb hits his hideout.

So, it's all more grass for the sheep. Get on with your life, and keep your eyes open around you. Everyday.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:This whole terror alert thing is a load of crap. Terrorists have the initiative, the Terror alert scheme is an attempt to broadcast the image that the government is doing something.

[snip]

So, it's all more grass for the sheep. Get on with your life, and keep your eyes open around you. Everyday.
Are you lecturing me? How wrong you are, sir! Allow me to shed the light of understanding. The terror alert is an absolute, accurate, and precise scale of the amount of electromagnetic terror (measured in terrons, approx. 650 nanometers) currently radiating toward the United States. This breakthrough technology is of marked importance and should be followed at all times. How unpatriotic you are, sir!

:whistling:
Quote:Allow me to shed the light of understanding. The terror alert is an absolute, accurate, and precise scale of the amount of electromagnetic terror (measured in terrons, approx. 650 nanometers) currently radiating toward the United States. This breakthrough technology is of marked importance and should be followed at all times. How unpatriotic you are, sir!

:whistling:
I hear that a well fitted tin foil hat will deflect terrons if worn at all times. Buy one from a faux news sponsor today! :lol:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

I am a physical therapist. Politically I am a conservative for the most part (I can't stand my Republican congressional rep, Lamar Smith, and will not vote for him, but that is another story.)

One of my patients began having arthritic pain in her hip during the Clinton administration. Several weeks ago she had a surgical procedure performed for the pain and I have been treating her post surgery. She is making wonderful progress and is much better. So, the onset of her pain was during a Democratic administration, and her problem is being resolved during a Republican administration with the help of a Republican therapist.

Never forget. Correlation is not causation. Correlation doesn't even imply causation.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]