Blade: The Series
Anyone catch the first episode? It wasn't the greatest thing ever, but it certainly wasn't horrible either. I really don't think Kirk Jones - or "Sticky Fingaz" as he would prefer - was the right choice for Blade. I certainly don't expect anyone to capture the aura that Wesley Snipes had as Blade in the movies, nor do I expect high acting from a character whose primary role is to just be a huge badass, but Sticky was disappointing in all regards. Blade just did not seem *ferocious* at all in the pilot and I believe that "wooden" is the correct word to describe Sticky delivering his lines. Wesley Snipes was basically a badass to the nth power as Blade and a passable actor... Sticky is just 'meh'.

On the plus side, Jill Wagner did an excellent job acting as far as I was concerned and is abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous. I sure hope they do more with her hinted-at backstory in the war (the brief flash of her wounded on the stretcher staring at something). Speaking of hints, the writers were dropping little unexplained seeds all over the pilot (Krista in the war, the "stay away from House Lycan" comment from Chase, the significance of the Native American vampires, etc.) which I liked... as long as they flesh them out later of course. It shows that they have the series planned out well I believe.

I'll almost certainly be watching next week and it is extremely encouraging to see how much weight Spike is throwing behind this series. I really, really hope it improves à la Buffy though or else I probably will never be more than a casual viewer.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Jones actually did improve around mid-show. The bit with him on the phone while she's standing there was actually funny. It's the voice, more than anything, stop forcing it so much and just get a feel for it.

The show has ALOT of potential- but is very, very over the top.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
I didn't even know they were making a "Blade" television series. I'll have to google it and see if I can catch a rerun of the pilot.

Besides, the first Blade was the best, 2 and 3 were "meh."

"Because some mother%#*%( is always trying to ice-skate uphill"

EDIT: I suck at typing is all.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club