Terenas - Gearing up 6/11 and 6/13
I'm not sure I can make it Sunday, but I can be there Tuesday night.

I see a few options:
1 - Onyxia keying
--- LBRS? who still needs warlord's command?
--- World Dragon killing
--- UBRS if we have enough people

2 - Scholo (Tier 0 items)

3 - 45 minute runs

4 - Tribute runs (warbeads)

Keshoga, Fazuul, Xarhud, and Wimpy are the mains who still need 45 minuter runs, if we can collect a decent group I think this should be first priority

Otherwise please list if you can make either of these days and times and your personal prioritization of the above four items even if you are "willing to help where needed". I don't think I've ever had a situation where someone flat refused to help.

I can surely make Tuesday (8pm), maybe Sunday (8pm) and my prioritization is 1 (red dragon), 4, 2, 3
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Keshoga, Fazuul, Xarhud, and Wimpy are the mains who still need 45 minuter runs, if we can collect a decent group I think this should be first priority

I believe Jester and Dunar now fall into this category as well.

My priority is 1, then anything else (only blue loot left for me is in BRD or UBRS I think). I am of course, willing to help wherever. Actually I just learned about Rosewine Circle so whenever we get the younguns into LBRS for Warlord's Command I'd like to go.

edit: Doh. I forgot to say I could be there. Yes I can make both Sunday and Tuesday I believe.
Quote:Otherwise please list if you can make either of these days and times and your personal prioritization of the above four items even if you are "willing to help where needed". I don't think I've ever had a situation where someone flat refused to help.

I still need UBRS (my chest piece), scholo (my hat), my pants off the Baron, and the warbeads so all 4 are basically equal priorities for me. Right now, I should be able to make both Sunday and Tuesday.
Intolerant monkey.
Alright you got me thinking about things for Marn as far as upgrades. So for the first time for any of my toons I sat down and did some item research as to what blue gear might be an upgrade for him still. I haven't actually looked at leather there might be some better leather. I didn't look at purple upgrades either (except for the Dungeon 2 upgrades). Just doing as much as I did is very unusual for me. :) There were some PvP items that were upgrades as well but I don't think I'll be going for any of them.

The item listed after the slot is what I currently wear. I've got the potential upgrades listed from most to least desirable with specialty items listed after a break. I then list the difference between current and new item in terms of crit, ranged attack power, stam, and int. All agi on items is converted to crit and RAP using 52 agi = 1% crit and 1 agi = 2 RAP. Other stats I don't really care about at this point. With my current build crit is more valuable than AP or agi right now. Any gloves or boots will get +7 agi enchants. Any cloak would get +3 agi enchant or resist. Bracers will generally get +7 int, but could see stam if I need that, but usually int is more important. So that is all a wash and I don't list it.

Head: Backwood Helm
I don't consider any other blue helms a DPS upgrade
----------
-Dragoneye Coif of XXXX Resist Resist gear, have nature version --- Gyth, UBRS
-Fervent Helm of XXXX Resist Resist gear, Zevrim Thornhoof, DM (East?)

Amulet: Mark of Fording
Not really any DPS upgrades for me and I have the Drakefire and Emberfury for FR.
-Beads of Ogre Might -2 RAP, +7 stam --- Ogre Bead Quest line.
-Pendant of Celerity -0.71% crit, +6 RAP, +1% to hit --- Lord Valthalak, UBRS summoned boss as part of Dungeon 2 upgrade questline. Only for a +hit option.

Shoulders: Bone Golem Shoulders
-Bloodsoul Shoulders +0.10% crit, +10 RAP, +1 stam, -9 int --- Crafted
-Abyssal Mail Pauldrons of Striking -0.08% crit, -8 RAP, +6 stam, -9 int, +1% to hit --- Summoned Dukes, Silithus (only really for a different +hit option)

Cloak: Shadow Prowler's Cloadk
-Cloak of the Unseen Path +4 stam --- AQ20 foo and CC rep
-Cape of the Black Baron -0.04% crit, +16 RAP, -7 stam --- Baron, Undead Strat
-Zulian Tigerhide Cloak -4 agi, +3 stam, +1% to hit --- Venoxis, ZG (only to play with +hit gear)

Chest: Beaststalker's Tunic
-Beastmaster's Tunic +1.07% crit, +8 RAP --- Dungeon 2 set upgrade questline
-Ogre Forged Hauberk +0.98% crit, -2 RAP, -3 stam, -5 int --- Tribute Chest
-Bloodsoul Breastplate +1.77% crit, -24 RAP, -3 stam, -13 int --- Crafted

Bracers: Sand Reaver Wristguards
There aren't any better blue mail DPS bracers
---------
-Pyremail Wristguards of the Monkey I have the leather version of the +10 agi +10 stam so just a minor armor upgrade in my FR gear is all.

Gloves: Beastmaster's Gauntlets
-Scaled Silithid Gauntlets +0.08% crit, +8 RAP, +6 stam, -2 int --- Ayamiss the Hunter, AQ20
-Bloodsoul Gauntlets +0.92% crit, -8 RAP, +5 stam, -10 Int --- Crafted
-Desertstalker's Gauntlets +0.04% crit, +4 RAP, +3 stam --- Raid quested in Silithus (The Calling needs 10-20 people depending on gear)
-Gauntlets of Deftness +0.17% crit, +18 RAP, -2 stam, -10 int --- Baron Rivendare, Dead strat
-----------
-Molten Fists FR gear --- Ambassador Flamelash, BRD

Belt: Beastmaster's Belt
-Warpwood Binding +0.96% crit, -4 RAP, -10 stam, -1 int --- Tendris Warpwood, DM West
-Zandalar Predator's Belt +0.04% crit, +8 RAP, -4 stam, +2 int --- Quested, ZG drops and rep needed
-Sash of the Grand Hunt -0.02% crit, -2 RAP, -2 stam, -4 int, +2 weapon skills --- Emperor, BRD
-Marksmans' Girdle +0.10% crit, +10 RAP, -16 stam, -10 int --- Urok Doomhowl, LBRS
-----------
-Light Obsidian Belt +0.69% crit, -16 stam, -10 int, +5 all resists --- Crafted
-Foresight Girdle of Fire Resistance FR Gear --- Archivist Galford, Live Strat

Legs: Giantstalker Leggings
Whelp got T1 legs I don't see any blues beating them
------------
Black Dragonscale Leggings FR gear. I could make em if I could ever get the darn pattern.

Feet: Boots of the Qiraji General
No real DPS upgrades, just a few that would give me int back if I changed other items.
-Bloodstained Greaves -0.10% crit. -10 RAP, -1 stam, +10 int --- Mar'li, Zul'Gurub.
-Timmy's Galoshes -0.17% crit, -18 RAP, +10 int --- Timmy, Live Strat.
----------
-Shadowy Mail Greaves Shadow resist gear --- Ras Frostwhisper, Scholomance

Rings: 2xTarnished Elven Ring
-Ring of Fury +0.71% crit, +9 stam --- Moam, AQ20
-Band of Jin -0.02% crit, -2 RAP, +8 stam --- Mar'li, ZG
-Seal of Jin +0.71% crit, -10 RAP, +8 stam, -1% to hit --- Thekal, ZG
-Jin taken as a set: +0.69% crit, +18 RAP, +16 stam, -1% to hit
-Signet of the Unseen Path +0.02% crit, +2 RAP, +8 stam, +7 int, -1% to hit --- AQ20 Rep and foo reward
-Painweaver Band +0.71% crit, -14 RAP, +7 stam, -1% to hit --- Drakk, UBRS
-Band of Earthen Might +0.71% crit, -30 RAP --- Quest reward CC rep and Silithus grinding.

Trinket1: Blackhand's Breadth
Trinket2: Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas
I'm pretty well set on Trinkets. I've got a rune of the guard captian (20 AP, 1% to hit) that I can put on if I want the +hit more than the AP of the Royal Seal.

So I do consider the beastmaster pants and chest upgrades over current gear, I don't consider the helm, boots, or shoulders upgrades, and I've got the wrists, gloves and belt. But I don't consider the legs the best upgrade option even. Of course talking about upgrading anymore of the Beaststalker to Beastmaster requires the boots that just don't like to drop for me. I lost track at 30 kills as to how many times I've tried for them now.

So stuff that isn't ZG or AQ or resist gear looks to be (listing what I feel is the best option only for a given slot):
-Cape of the Black Baron -0.04% crit, +16 RAP, -7 stam --- Baron, Undead Strat
-Ogre Forged Hauberk +0.98% crit, -2 RAP, -3 stam, -5 int --- Tribute Chest
-Gauntlets of Deftness +0.17% crit, +18 RAP, -2 stam, -10 int --- Baron Rivendare, Dead strat
-Warpwood Binding +0.96% crit, -4 RAP, -10 stam, -1 int --- Tendris Warpwood, DM West
-Leggings of Destruction +0.77% crit, -24 RAP, +14 stam, +13 int --- King Gordok, DM North
-Painweaver Band +0.71% crit, -14 RAP, +7 stam, -1% to hit --- Drakk, UBRS

That's pretty much it. A couple of drops from the Baron that are really sidegrades, 2 items from tribute runs (and I need beads too), a belt off the tree in DM West (who isn't quite as simple to farm now), and a ring from Drakk. Rest is ZG, AQ, long quest chains, Purple Items, or leather or greens I didn't look at or something I just missed.

I still have quests in BRD (heart of the mountain and The Royal Rescue), LBRS (Urok and mother's milk which I don't ever feel like doing again), Dire Maul (Ogre Beads), Scholo (turn Ras human and get his head). But that looks to be "it" for Marn and the five man instances.

I've got a few group world quests. The Last Barov (PvP, kill the guy by Chillwind), The Battle for Darrowshire, and a few of the elite quests in Sillyfus (I haven't done much there) that are just way too annoying or impossible to solo.

I'll still go anywhere even if I get nothing out of it for Marn, but it looks like DM, Strat dead (boots and some side grades off the Baron), and BRD have the most to offer me still (there are some side grades in BRD for gear scholo has nothing but the one quest).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I can make both of those times, I think.

I need the 45 minute run, but it's not a huge priority. Dire Maul I'd rather do after my 45 run, for the warbeads. Maybe we could do both of those, in that order?

I still need LBRS for Warlord's Command, and I'm sure there's at least some gear in there for me.

Scholo has two pieces of my set, so it's a high priority for me. Plus, I've never been, and would like to see it.

UBRS is still tops. The sooner we all get that chestpiece, the less often we need 10 people on at once to run Drakk.

If I had to prioritize them:

UBRS
Scholo
Baron 45
Dire Maul
LBRS

But I think I'm the only one who could use any of them almost equally.

-Jester
Quote:I can make both of those times, I think.

I need the 45 minute run, but it's not a huge priority. Dire Maul I'd rather do after my 45 run, for the warbeads. Maybe we could do both of those, in that order?

I still need LBRS for Warlord's Command, and I'm sure there's at least some gear in there for me.

Scholo has two pieces of my set, so it's a high priority for me. Plus, I've never been, and would like to see it.

UBRS is still tops. The sooner we all get that chestpiece, the less often we need 10 people on at once to run Drakk.

If I had to prioritize them:

UBRS
Scholo
Baron 45
Dire Maul
LBRS

But I think I'm the only one who could use any of them almost equally.

-Jester

My priorities:
#1: UBRS for Rend and Emberseer.

#2: 45 min Baron

#3: still need my boots (LBRS-Omokk), Head (Scholo-Gandling), Legs (Strat-Baron), Chest (UBRS-Drakk)

#4: (will check for other important mail pieces [non-set] elsewhere)
--Mav
Not sure what happened lastnight, I was busy working on home improvement projects.

But given the Keepers-talk of Onyxia, I think keying pressure has been raised. This should be overall focus unless we get a good 45 minute group that will be capable of 2-3 completions in one run.

If we get 10, we will hit UBRS, but I'm not figuring on 10.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:Not sure what happened lastnight, I was busy working on home improvement projects.

But given the Keepers-talk of Onyxia, I think keying pressure has been raised. This should be overall focus unless we get a good 45 minute group that will be capable of 2-3 completions in one run.

We hit UBRS last night. But it sounds like we now have a whole mess that need the dragons again and few that need warlords.

So getting some of the ogre beads folks and the warlords command folks together seems good. Then we can do the deal we did a month or so ago when there were like 6 of us that needed the dragons and run around the world smushing all of them.
---
Quote:Not sure what happened lastnight, I was busy working on home improvement projects.

We rolled UBRS, main benficiaries being Mogo (chest) and Wimpy (shoulders and Draconian Deflector).

Quote:But given the Keepers-talk of Onyxia, I think keying pressure has been raised. This should be overall focus unless we get a good 45 minute group that will be capable of 2-3 completions in one run.

LBRS makes a lot of sense, as it should get WC and Ogre beads.

I think a 45 minute shouldn't be put aside if we have the right group though. It's easier to put together an LBRS group or a tribute group than a 45 minute Baron group I think. I think Ony is still a ways away. We are right now just getting the 40 we need for MC, and of those I'd bet less than half are currently keyed for Ony. Judging by the posts on the Keepers thread we're in decent shape there.

We should put some thought together what a 45 minute group that can do 2-3 completions might be.

First, those that need credit:

Keshoga
Fazuul
Xarhud
Wimpy
Dunar
Geldauran
Nightsdesire
Allbeefpatie
Lianne

Of these, probably only Nightsdesire and Allbeefpatie are geared/specced insufficiently at present. Mage water is a must, or you can spend a lot on AD mana biscuits.

On this list:

Tanks: Wimpy, Fazuul, Geldauran
Main healers: Fazuul, Xarhud (would want backup), Dunar (would want backup)

Fazuul's DPS is not super high (probably lower than either warrior if they are DPSing?), but he'd make an excellent tank for this run as he runs about 75 DPS as a bear. That probably means Necrali should go if Fazuul tanks as she is capable of the most DPS while still main healing. If a warrior tanks then Fazuul healing makes a lot of sense, he just won't be able to contribute a lot of DPS that way.

Depending on who is there, there are a number of groups that would work. Without a mage, however, the Baron fight has to be considered also -- it takes a good group to pull that off.
Quote:We rolled UBRS, main benficiaries being Mogo (chest) and Wimpy (shoulders and Draconian Deflector).
LBRS makes a lot of sense, as it should get WC and Ogre beads.

I think a 45 minute shouldn't be put aside if we have the right group though. It's easier to put together an LBRS group or a tribute group than a 45 minute Baron group I think. I think Ony is still a ways away. We are right now just getting the 40 we need for MC, and of those I'd bet less than half are currently keyed for Ony. Judging by the posts on the Keepers thread we're in decent shape there.

We should put some thought together what a 45 minute group that can do 2-3 completions might be.

First, those that need credit:

Keshoga
Fazuul
Xarhud
Wimpy
Dunar
Geldauran
Nightsdesire
Allbeefpatie
Lianne

Of these, probably only Nightsdesire and Allbeefpatie are geared/specced insufficiently at present. Mage water is a must, or you can spend a lot on AD mana biscuits.

On this list:

Tanks: Wimpy, Fazuul, Geldauran

Fazuul's DPS is not super high (probably lower than either warrior if they are DPSing?), but he'd make an excellent tank for this run as he runs about 75 DPS as a bear. That probably means Necrali should go if Fazuul tanks as she is capable of the most DPS while still main healing. If a warrior tanks then Fazuul healing makes a lot of sense, he just won't be able to contribute a lot of DPS that way.

Depending on who is there, there are a number of groups that would work. Without a mage, however, the Baron fight has to be considered also -- it takes a good group to pull that off.

And yeah since we don't need everyone to be on the 45 minute, just 2 or 3 per group, you have the option of slapping someone like Marn or Mogo in there (marn still needs boots, mogo sill needs pants) and still have everyone in the group with a shot at getting something they need on the run. Of course even if Marn had the boots I have no issue being added in to a group to help it out. It's just nice to maximize the rewards a group can get.
---
Quote:Fazuul's DPS is not super high (probably lower than either warrior if they are DPSing?), but he'd make an excellent tank for this run as he runs about 75 DPS as a bear. That probably means Necrali should go if Fazuul tanks as she is capable of the most DPS while still main healing. If a warrior tanks then Fazuul healing makes a lot of sense, he just won't be able to contribute a lot of DPS that way.

I think if we can come up with a Fazuul group, we should definitely do it. It's becoming apparent to me that resto druid is going to be one of the most difficult class / spec combos for this run. We need to stack the deck for Fazuul and Allbeef groups.

If we can get a group with Keshoga + Jester + Conc + Fazuul + priest (Xar/Necrali) I think it's doable even without strong AoE. Stupid high DPS for the majority of the run, then holy water for the skellies after Ram. and Conc tanking baron + Jester keeping MS on baron, buys quite a bit of slop for the skellies in the baron fight to make up for the lack of solid AoE.

Alternately Marn can substitute for Conc in a group like this, the role is the same... experienced puller + DPS, though you have a little less tankability on baron, you do have explosive traps for Xarhud to bring the skellies to. Volley works, but you probably won't be able to keep the skellies in place through a volley to kill them.
Quote:I think if we can come up with a Fazuul group, we should definitely do it. It's becoming apparent to me that resto druid is going to be one of the most difficult class / spec combos for this run. We need to stack the deck for Fazuul and Allbeef groups.

If we can get a group with Keshoga + Jester + Conc + Fazuul + priest (Xar/Necrali) I think it's doable even without strong AoE. Stupid high DPS for the majority of the run, then holy water for the skellies after Ram. and Conc tanking baron + Jester keeping MS on baron, buys quite a bit of slop for the skellies in the baron fight to make up for the lack of solid AoE.

Alternately Marn can substitute for Conc in a group like this, the role is the same... experienced puller + DPS, though you have a little less tankability on baron, you do have explosive traps for Xarhud to bring the skellies to. Volley works, but you probably won't be able to keep the skellies in place through a volley to kill them.

Barkskin + Hurricane is a more effective AoE than many think as well, though the timer hurts. But if you have a holy nova priest in there with Fazuul you have got healing covered when the priest holy novas, and healing covered when the druid hurricanes. Mav's totems can do it too. We've done it with just hunter, shaman, holy nova for the skellies, and what you have up there is better than than that.

Two warriors really does make those runs easier because of what warriors can do for DPS as well as how they can soak damage.

Edit to catch Conc's edit. :)

Explosive traps (especially with the talent) will do some good things as we saw with the Lyceum the other day, but they are tough to use in Baron because of that pulsing AoE, but yeah, rounding them up and moving them on the trap will get a lot of the damage out on them assuming I can get out of combat to get the trap down, which isn't a problem as long as the baron doesn't move after we get him in position.

I do still think 2 warriors are better than the warrior + hunter for reasons we both mentioned and the warrior that knows the pulls is actually better for most of the pulls since they ahve less downtime than the hunter that has to drink and just can't pull at times if you want the big DPS.
---
Quote:Two warriors really does make those runs easier because of what warriors can do for DPS as well as how they can soak damage.

My thinking was two warriors + shaman = INSANE.

Especially now that Jester has Eshkandar's. Cleave central.
Quote:My thinking was two warriors + shaman = INSANE.

Especially now that Jester has Eshkandar's. Cleave central.

Yeah, cleave spam with that thing is fun. I did a fair bit of that when my weapons were that + I don't know what 40 DPS or so weapon in the offhand. The cleaves don't hit uber hard but you they just fly out. :) So you get two cleaves that hit for like 300 instead of one cleave that hits for 500. The issue is feeding the rage enough. You can actually get cleave, swing, cleave, swing cycles going, which have you cleaving once every 3 seconds and not running out of rage at times.

And yeah 2 warr + shaman is insane. :)
---
Quote:Tanks: Wimpy, Fazuul, Geldauran

I don't know that I would want to be the healer for a speed run. Although I can certainly heal my way through the place with no problem, I'm somewhat concerned about my ability to heal and still do DPS when not in shadowform. I don't have the holy talents for damage that Necrali has, nor do I have the skill with the split role. :) Also, if we bring both priests, we have 2 shackles, which turns most of the pulls into one-pulls, and I can VE just about every mob without fear of pulling aggro.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote: The issue is feeding the rage enough. You can actually get cleave, swing, cleave, swing cycles going, which have you cleaving once every 3 seconds and not running out of rage at times.

Windfury helps a lot with feeding the rage for cleave and sweeping strikes in my experience. I mean a WHOLE LOT.

I was tanking baron runs at ~75-85 DPS then on the run where you and Treesh went, I was closer to 120 DPS. This was primarily due to the amount of extra rage for cleaving that windfury allowed, though partly because I was simply generating less aggro on the targets and using cleave more than before. But still it was a very noticeable difference, and even without an offhand I was often in a cleave / swing / cleave rhythm, since more often than not you're generating a windfury proc in there somewhere.
Quote:Windfury helps a lot with feeding the rage for cleave and sweeping strikes in my experience. I mean a WHOLE LOT.

I was tanking baron runs at ~75-85 DPS then on the run where you and Treesh went, I was closer to 120 DPS. This was primarily due to the amount of extra rage for cleaving that windfury allowed, though partly because I was simply generating less aggro on the targets and using cleave more than before. But still it was a very noticeable difference, and even without an offhand I was often in a cleave / swing / cleave rhythm, since more often than not you're generating a windfury proc in there somewhere.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting what windfury does for rage (my big warrior is alliance scum). Very goog point. I can't wait to see Eskhandar's under windfury. Some of the rage suck of that weapon is also when it procs and you are swinging at 1.1 swings a second, you can cleave that fast too. :) With an offhand feeding a bit more rage, and don't forget the offhand gets that 30% speed increase too. I think when I did the calcs based on what looked like a 7% proc rate from my tests, that it was really more like a 53 DPS weapon than a 48 DPS weapon. And in dual wield mode you get even more because of the DPS boost the offhand gets as well. Yeah those windfury procs would really pump that thing up. I gotta see this at some point in time. :)
---
Quote:Oh yeah, I keep forgetting what windfury does for rage (my big warrior is alliance scum). Very goog point. I can't wait to see Eskhandar's under windfury. Some of the rage suck of that weapon is also when it procs and you are swinging at 1.1 swings a second, you can cleave that fast too. :) With an offhand feeding a bit more rage, and don't forget the offhand gets that 30% speed increase too. I think when I did the calcs based on what looked like a 7% proc rate from my tests, that it was really more like a 53 DPS weapon than a 48 DPS weapon. And in dual wield mode you get even more because of the DPS boost the offhand gets as well. Yeah those windfury procs would really pump that thing up. I gotta see this at some point in time. :)

Well, this isn't exactly about meeting, but I figured this is a good place as any to talk about... well, what you're already talking about.

Geldauran is now officially talentless, just like his player. :lol:

I'm going to rebuild him Fury/Arms, with dual wield and no impale. However, the details continue to vex me. I had originally though that heroic strike would be a good place to dump extra rage, but with what's being said here, I'm thinking fury might be the best.

So, to all you warriors out there: How would you build a Fury/Arms 2h warrior who will be tanking fairly often? The only requirements are the basic 31 in fury, plus tactical mastery. Anything else is up for grabs.

I'll post the build I'm thinking about now, and y'all can fire away with suggestions. For anyone not from Terenas: I have recently gotten Eshkandar's Right Claw, and have a variety of 40 dps junk for my offhand. This character is unlikely to be MTing anything, and is essentially 5th tank in MC.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?LV0xdZVVucgxoio

Update: This is now my build. Here's hoping it serves me well until I find some other bigger, badder weapon.

-Jester
Quote:I think if we can come up with a Fazuul group, we should definitely do it. It's becoming apparent to me that resto druid is going to be one of the most difficult class / spec combos for this run. We need to stack the deck for Fazuul and Allbeef groups.

Well, I hope you're not relying too much on having MS for the baron, because, as per my post elsewhere, I don't have MS anymore.

-Jester
That build is close enough to what I would do for a DW Fury warrior that I say go for it.

There are three primary ways to utilize rage effectively for a DW Fury warrior
1) Bloodthirst. You should have enough rage to do this every 6 seconds. If you don't, you need more +hit gear
2) On next attack skill (Cleave or HS).
- Cleave is less threat than HS
- HS is more rage to damage efficient than Cleave, but will cause more threat
3) Slam
- Do not underestimate using slam with your current 2H weapon. Effective use of slam is basically using bloodthirst only, then when rage gets to 70+ (and it will with windfury and flurry and that speed proc), then switch out to your 2H weapon (you have a macro right?) and hit the slam button until you're out of rage, then go back to dual weild and bloodthirst.

Most warriors remove slam from their hotkeys entirely, because it sucks when soloing, and they are only rarely in a situation where they can DPS while someone else is tanking. However, slam is awesome for a DPS warrior on high HP targets (i.e. raid scenario). 1.5 second attacks with 3.8 speed weapons + windfury chance on each one = very high DPS. Obviously it's not sustainable DPS, but it makes for efficient use of rage to damage without creating additional threat like both cleave and HS do (though cleave is less)

This is exactly what got me killed last week in MC. I waited for the sunders, charged in, got some nice windfury procs and had tons of rage. Enter slam mode and a couple more windfuries = pulled aggro and died. I checked DPS "for last fight" and I was over 400 DPS on the fight... until I died, then I was zero. OOPS!

Look at the bright side though, I'm learning where "the bleeding edge" is =P

I might end up grinding silithus rep to get the "mini-feint trinket" so that happens less though.
And Otheo needs to pickup 1H spec so it's not so easy to pull aggro from him =P.