June 6th, 2006
Anyone doing anything special for good 'ol 6/6/06?

Some of my friends expressed interest in heading to Hell, Michigan for the festivities since it is only about a half hour from where I live. It just seems extremely lame and gimmicky however - I would much rather just head to the bar, personally:)

For example:

Quote:Additionally, visitors to our store can enjoy small ice cream cones and sundaes for only 66 cents all day long, right up until midnight.

66 cents for ice cream? WELL GEE GOSH GOLLY I GUESS I HAVE TO GO NOW!
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Quote:Anyone doing anything special for good 'ol 6/6/06?

Some of my friends expressed interest in heading to Hell, Michigan for the festivities since it is only about a half hour from where I live. It just seems extremely lame and gimmicky however - I would much rather just head to the bar, personally:)

For example:
66 cents for ice cream? WELL GEE GOSH GOLLY I GUESS I HAVE TO GO NOW!
I almost clicked on

"Click Here for Group Tours of Hell"

but realized I don't need to go. I've been to the US Capitol building and experienced the hot gaseous fumes.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
No need to go to Hell, there are Other People around me right now:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I always thought Hell, Michigan was a bit redundant. Kinda like tuna fish. :shuriken:
My friends and I are going to go see The Omen. I will edit and let you guys know my opinions once I get back. =)

EDIT:

So after seeing The Omen and having a night to think it over. I have nothing to spoil, the movie does it well enough on its' own. Don't waste your time/money on seeing this in the theatre. It is definitely worth a rent though once it is out in the stores, should make for a fun night of eating bad food and watching horribly funny movies. =)
WWBBD?
Well, the world didn't end. I guess we'll need to wait for 06/06/3006 to roll around...
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
Someone had plans:unsure:
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Someone had plans:unsure:
Frank Zappa just had his tail kicked in the "inane things to name your kid" contest. Moon Unit and Dweezil have nothing on this.

More splendid English Eccentricity! :lol: Huzzah!

Rule Britannia,
Marmalade and Jam
Someone just went off his nut
Old Man!

Hmm, I think my recollection of the lyrics is lacking.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Well, the world didn't end. I guess we'll need to wait for 06/06/3006 to roll around...
You just wait: one of these days, some cult or other is going to get it right, and the world will come to an end. And we'll see who's laughing then, won't we.:whistling:

Quote:Frank Zappa just had his tail kicked in the "inane things to name your kid" contest. Moon Unit and Dweezil have nothing on this.
I just realized that my son's initials are HD. I wonder if he'll end up being called Hi-Def in his teens...
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:I just realized that my son's initials are HD. I wonder if he'll end up being called Hi-Def in his teens...

Well, we've got what? 13 years to wait and find out?:)

By then HD will be a standard, and a new "higher definition" standard with a different name will be the big deal. Though, even if I am proved wrong and kids do call him Hi-Def, it's not to shabby of a nickname;)

/end OT thread jack. Nothing to see here :whistling:

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Someone had plans

I never understood why people find glee in doing stunts like this to ther children - do they really think that their son is going to suffer no negative repercussions and that it is worth it in the end just for the sake of "I really like The Omen lol"?
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Just seem somewhat odd to me that the whole 666 thing of yesterday's date overshadowed the fact that it was also the 62nd anniversary of Operation Overlord's kickoff.

I played Call of Duty 2 and burned some French guns near Pointe du Hoc. Of course, the real fight for the Rangers came the day after (which would be 62 years ago today) when the Germans counterattacked the Pointe. The signal to bring in reinforcements came too late: the Rangers' supporting units went onto the beaches instead, leaving these boys without backup as the Nazis dropped the hammer on them.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:I never understood why people find glee in doing stunts like this to ther children - do they really think that their son is going to suffer no negative repercussions and that it is worth it in the end just for the sake of "I really like The Omen lol"?

I don't know which is worse. Naming your child Damien after a chance birthdate and film, or being a celebrity and deciding Moses is a fitting name :mellow:

Cheers,

Munk