DainBramage
how many of you remember a bot called 'DainBramage?
made by stu(i think) and used to be the main resource to all the regs of the trading post
i'm looking for his program to bring dainbramage back to life as a useful resource.
lend a hand if you know
Lunan,Oct 3 2005, 01:48 AM Wrote:how many of you remember a bot called 'DainBramage?
made by stu(i think) and used to be the main resource to all the regs of the trading post
i'm looking for his program to bring dainbramage back to life as a useful resource.
lend a hand if you know
[right][snapback]90792[/snapback][/right]

I do... ^_^

Also while on the topic, how many remember Landru? Who ran Landru anyways?
EvilTeletubby,Oct 13 2005, 05:05 AM Wrote:I do... ^_^

Also while on the topic, how many remember Landru? Who ran Landru anyways?
[right][snapback]91902[/snapback][/right]

Landru was originally programmed by Bostic, but I think was run by at least 3 other people (IIRC Sorceror had one up and running at one time).

I had a copy of the program once, just for curiosity's sake. Was surprised how simple his "good" and "bad" word list and the algorithm to rate a post thus were 8)

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Armin,Oct 13 2005, 12:37 PM Wrote:Landru was originally programmed by Bostic, but I think was run by at least 3 other people (IIRC Sorceror had one up and running at one time).

I had a copy of the program once, just for curiosity's sake. Was surprised how simple his "good" and "bad" word list and the algorithm to rate a post thus were 8)
[right][snapback]91918[/snapback][/right]

Ah, ok. I looked forward to the bot's posts every week, it definitely made the forum more interesting.
EvilTeletubby,Oct 13 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:Ah, ok. I looked forward to the bot's posts every week, it definitely made the forum more interesting.
[right][snapback]91987[/snapback][/right]

ET, what are you up to these days, gamewise?

-A
Mostly Starcraft, with some CS:S mixed in.
Yeah I remember those , and ooh a blast from the past Evil Teletubby , how are you :) , I do remember one nigt when everyone made Teletubby characters :) was funny as hell , ahh the good ole days .
Take care
Raven Vale,Oct 19 2005, 01:16 AM Wrote:Yeah I remember those , and ooh a blast from the past Evil Teletubby , how are you :) , I do remember one nigt when everyone made Teletubby characters :) was funny as hell  , ahh the good ole days .
[right][snapback]92635[/snapback][/right]

Funny but I actually remember that too, as I was a witness. Too bad no one took screenshots.

-A
I am sure that someone did ;). Because i saw it somewhere :).
Necrotising(BD),Oct 19 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:I am sure that someone did ;). Because i saw it somewhere :).
[right][snapback]92662[/snapback][/right]

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/index.php?opti...=4&key=32&hit=1

:)
That's it :)).
Lunan,Oct 3 2005, 01:48 AM Wrote:how many of you remember a bot called 'DainBramage?
lend a hand if you know
[right][snapback]90792[/snapback][/right]

The Trading Post people (with DB among them) moved to "Public Chat TP" (US West) in 2001, i just checked the channel and found one bot, but unfortunately no DainBramage.

I used to collect his statements, here be some:

Quote:History will be kind of me, for I intend to write it.

Please return stewardess to her original upright position.

I have a life-sized map of the United States.

If ignorance is bliss, this place must be 0rgasmic.

I am Gilligan of Borg ... escape from the island is futile.

Save the Whales - Collect the entire set!

The pancake house was robbed?  How waffle!
EvilTeletubby,Oct 13 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:Ah, ok. I looked forward to the bot's posts every week, it definitely made the forum more interesting.
[right][snapback]91987[/snapback][/right]

I still have a copy Landru on my computer, somewhere.
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
Quote:how many of you remember a bot called 'DainBramage?
lend a hand if you know

Firstly, I must apologise for this necro-post. I was searching the forum for another piece of information and this came up, and I just couldn't resist.:D

DainBramage` of the Trading Post was invented and maintained by LittleOne who also had a few other lesser-known aliases. When LittleOne quit Battle.Net games for good, he passed Dain onto The`Real`Janus, who then passed it onto Insanity`Rules. Insanity`Rules or some variation of that name is probably the person you still see in Public Chat TP today.

Lunan, if you were still interested in obtaining Dain, flick me an e-mail to distortion@orcon.net.nz and I'll see what I can get for you, as I still have contact to one or two people with copies of Dain.:)