X-Men: The Last Stand
Huge Spoiler Below:

I couldn't believe they killed off Cyclops and the Professor-X. There are so many good story lines in the X-Men universe, why does anyone think they can think up something equally clever? If they had only just stuck to the Phoenix/Dark-Phoenix story line (or something remotely close), as it was protrayed in the comic books.

What the heck was the point of having Angel in this movie? He had nothing to do with the story line at all. Apparently he can now fly fom NY to SF within a few minutes of a super-sonic jet?!

I'm sure for the next installment they'll think of an equally cheesy way of bringing back the two slain X-Men. I can see why they were playing musical directors on this abomination.
Signature? What do you mean?
Quote:Huge Spoiler Below:

I couldn't believe they killed off Cyclops and the Professor-X. There are so many good story lines in the X-Men universe, why does anyone think they can think up something equally clever? If they had only just stuck to the Phoenix/Dark-Phoenix story line (or something remotely close), as it was protrayed in the comic books.

What the heck was the point of having Angel in this movie? He had nothing to do with the story line at all. Apparently he can now fly fom NY to SF within a few minutes of a super-sonic jet?!

I'm sure for the next installment they'll think of an equally cheesy way of bringing back the two slain X-Men. I can see why they were playing musical directors on this abomination.

You should have kept watching as the end credits rolled...:whistling:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
***********SPOILER ALERT*************

Seriously now, aboutt o spoil the whole movie!;)

Also, you never actually SEE Cyclops getting killed, now do you?
Magneto and Mystique will regain their powers over time... only leaves Jean to be dealth with. Depends on how far they'll take the phoenix bit from the original comics to revive her.

PS. anyone else think that was one hell of a lousy phoenix? In the TV series/comics The phoenix was awesome and awe-inspiring. In the movie... quite boring?

In my opinion, the poorest of the 3 movies. I liked mystique, they killed her role short pretty quick. The Magneto stabbing I saw coming from miles away. Killing Xavier was a bad move, as patrick steward may very well be the best actor on the entire set.

The Juggernaut was one macho sexxay devil though (in a totally un-homoerotic sence, mind you:P), I hope to see him again. Loved his accent too.

The story overall was a bit weak. It started strong with Xavier and Magneto showing their shared history with Jean, but it soon devolved in an excuse to show off as many mutants as possible. Liked what magneto did with the bridge though ^^

Interesting: there will almost certainly be a Magneto movie (he has a very rich history to draw upon). There's also talk going about concernong a possible wolverine movie. I applaud both. Ian Mckellen plays a good magneto and wolverine has been one of the stronger characters in the movies. Wish I'd see a bit more patrick steward though. the moment they killed him off I knew "he'd be back" and lo and behold.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
A link to X3 done WoW style. :lol:

::Some spoilers are included!::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfihgnjz3eY

I think the video of LotR done WoW style was better, but this one is still amusing.
Terenas
-Deelia - Troll Priest, Level 25
-Jingya - Troll Shaman, Level 10 (bank)

Eldre'Thalas
-Reddahlia - Dwarven Hunter, Level 60
-Kyleah - Dwarven Warrior, Level 11 (bank)
An older flash-movie about X-Men and death:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/218160
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:An older flash-movie about X-Men and death:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/218160

Great movie RogueBanshee. I especially got a chuckle out of Wolverine's [attempted] "Canadian" accent. :D

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:What the heck was the point of having Angel in this movie? He had nothing to do with the story line at all. Apparently he can now fly fom NY to SF within a few minutes of a super-sonic jet?!

C'mon now. Movie is set in SF. Ever hear of "Angels in America"? It's about gays. It is set in SF. Obvious reference to equate him (and all mutants) to the poor, tormented homosexuals. Too obvious.

So much Hollywood butt to kiss, so little time.....

-A
Quote:C'mon now. Movie is set in SF. Ever hear of "Angels in America"? It's about gays. It is set in SF. Obvious reference to equate him (and all mutants) to the poor, tormented homosexuals. Too obvious.

-A

I personally think the movie is obviously pandering to the plight of the besieged conspiracy-nuts.:)
Signature? What do you mean?
Quote:C'mon now. Movie is set in SF. Ever hear of "Angels in America"? It's about gays. It is set in SF. Obvious reference to equate him (and all mutants) to the poor, tormented homosexuals. Too obvious.

-A

When you have to reach from "Angel" to "Angels in America," you start sounding paranoid. It's actually much easier to see how X3 acts as an allegory for gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals than the whack-ass connection you just tried to draw. To explain Angel's role in the movie, it's first necessary to establish the correct correspondence.

"Mutants" are people who discover they're different sometime around puberty. When they tell their parents, it's not uncommon for the parent to disown their child. Meanwhile, society at large has mixed feelings about mutants, and at high levels of government there are factions who try to pass pro- and anti-mutant legislation.

In the previous paragraph, replace occurences of "mutant" with "homosexual" and you have the correspondence. Now, explaining Angel's role requires plot spoilers.

****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****
****SPOILERS****

Angel is the son of a wealthy businessman (Warren II). Early in the movie, Warren II discovers his son is a mutant. Shame, embarrassment, fear, or some other emotional factor leads him to develop a way to "cure" mutants. To please his father, Angel agrees to go along with treatment... only to refuse at the last moment, which ultimately leds him to looking for a new home at Xavier's institute. Later, Angel saves his father from death. We're not told how this affects their relationship, but the movie would like us to think Warren II will begin to appreciate his son for who he is (else he'd be quite the douchebag).

The clearest parallel is to parent who attempts to "cure" his son's homosexuality (e.g. reparative therapy, retro-50's hormone therapy (see:Alan Turing), etc.) only for his son to refuse treatment and be forced to leave home. You might think this is Hollywood asskissing, Ashock, but this still happens. I'm friends with a couple who took in a young man whose cultist parents tried to exorcise his homosexuality out of him and then kicked him out when it failed. I'm friends with a young lady whose parents ceased all contact with her after she came out to them. I'm friends with people who are afraid to come out to their parents because they don't want that to happen to them. So as much as you might not like the message, it's quite topical for American society. The more young people that see the correspondence, the better. The sooner we have a generation that can come out to their parents without fear of abandonment, the better. And then, we can have superhero movies that are 200-proof "fun" instead of being weighted down with any sort of message. Y'know, like .... uh, "Catwoman"?

-Lemmy
Quote:What the heck was the point of having Angel in this movie?
You could make the connection that was stated above, but there's also another possible (but related) role.

Most mutations/mutants are often categorized as dangerous (Magneto, Xavier, Jean) and/or freakish/grotesque (Toad, Beast), both of which instills caution in the common people. Angel is neither. He's the pretty boy who looks like his religious namesakes. He represents hope and freedom. By rejecting the cure he tries to show that not all mutations are ugly or dangerous or need to be "cured", that his father's zeal to purify the world may not be right.

Angel is the beauty that neither wants to be ugly to fit in nor wants to hide. He's proud of what he is, but he is not zealous or militant. At least that's how I percieve his role in the movie. He's quite different in the comics, but so are most of the characters.

You can of course substitute mutant for various religious or sexual orientations and still make fairly good sense of the X-Men stories, they are, at the core, about being rejected by society and still trying to fit in/making society accept you.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:When you have to reach from "Angel" to "Angels in America," you start sounding paranoid.

You're kidding, right?

-A

>C'mon now. Movie is set in SF. Ever hear of "Angels in America"? It's about gays. It is set in SF. Obvious reference to equate him (and all mutants) to the poor, tormented homosexuals. Too obvious.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Archangel

If anything, Tony Kushner should be sued by Marvel. Marvel's 'Angel' appeared as far back as 1963.

As for Warren being poor, he's a trust fund kid.

Tormented? Apocalypse remaking him over as an Angel Of Death can do that to anyone.

Homosexual? He looks super metrosexual (his pre-archangel days at least), and that bit about donning a blonde wig and a long gown in his early days might be edging it close to cross dressing, but the roster of his romances looks like it's all ladies, all the time.

Of course this is just from the books and comics. Anything from the movies is ultimately unreliable, since movies tend to project hypno-agenda rays.
Quote:***********SPOILER ALERT*************

Seriously now, aboutt o spoil the whole movie!;)

<snip>

The Juggernaut was one macho sexxay devil though (in a totally un-homoerotic sence, mind you:P), I hope to see him again. Loved his accent too.

<snip>

The Juggernaut was treated more as comic relief than the impossing figure of the comics. Kitty Pride was in top form though.:lol:
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:The Juggernaut was treated more as comic relief than the impossing figure of the comics.

He almost carried that role in the movie as well, with one of the best lines in the movie.

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, B****"

;)

Munk
Quote:He almost carried that role in the movie as well, with one of the best lines in the movie.

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, B****"

;)
Munk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Juggernaut_Bitch

-Lemmy
Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Juggernaut_Bitch

-Lemmy

Well, might as well link to the original video too:)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...45&q=juggernaut

Semi-strong language, so probably avoid it at work or if any tykes are around.

Edit: Oops, did not see on my first perusal of the Wiki entry that the movie was linke to at the very bottom. My bad:)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Quote:>C'mon now. Movie is set in SF. Ever hear of "Angels in America"? It's about gays. It is set in SF. Obvious reference to equate him (and all mutants) to the poor, tormented homosexuals. Too obvious.
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Archangel
If anything, Tony Kushner should be sued by Marvel. Marvel's 'Angel' appeared as far back as 1963.

As for Warren being poor, he's a trust fund kid.

Tormented? Apocalypse remaking him over as an Angel Of Death can do that to anyone.

Homosexual? He looks super metrosexual (his pre-archangel days at least), and that bit about donning a blonde wig and a long gown in his early days might be edging it close to cross dressing, but the roster of his romances looks like it's all ladies, all the time.

Of course this is just from the books and comics. Anything from the movies is ultimately unreliable, since movies tend to project hypno-agenda rays.

Hmm, I wonder how a kid from the East Coast wound up in SF, and better yet, why?

-A
Quote:It's actually much easier to see how X3 acts as an allegory for gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals than the whack-ass connection you just tried to draw. To explain Angel's role in the movie, it's first necessary to establish the correct correspondence.
--and an excellent exposition--
And then, we can have superhero movies that are 200-proof "fun" instead of being weighted down with any sort of message. Y'know, like .... uh, "Catwoman"?
-Lemmy
That movie showed that a certain actress is smoking hot in leather, but that more than a few minutes of that spectacle leads to mind numbing boredom.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:That movie showed that a certain actress is smoking hot in leather, but that more than a few minutes of that spectacle leads to mind numbing boredom.

I think the Razzie she won for her performance should cancel out her Academy Award.

-Lemmy
Quote:I think the Razzie she won for her performance . . .

-Lemmy
. . . was well deserved. :D That said, she's drop dead gorgeous.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete