Terenas - Gearing up 5/28 and 5/30
Quote:The Baron himself may be tricky, but hopefully volley and shaman AoE can dispatch skeletons (with holy water if necessary).

I revised my post to show your combination in there. That may be the best DPS.

As for the Baron fight, I figure 2 Magma totems + alternating between Volley and Hurricane should be adequate AoE for the skellies. They have very little health. Alternating holy waters is another good way to take care of the skellies, provided people have enough. I still have 8, I think, but definitely can't use it if I'm tanking Baron.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Well, I don't mind either healing or tanking a baron run. My main fear in tanking it is I'm not as familiar with the path we need to take, so it may slow us down some. My DPS when tanking is something lame around 75 dps. But again, that's probably higher than my DPS when healing. Any of the three combinations Conc listed are interesting, and part of me would find it fun to try each of them just to see what the difference is. But again, I mostly worry about being too slow on the pulling if I tank, as I'd be asking where to go next, etc. Unless we just have Marn pull, pet target is first FF, and I pick up the others as best I can. That might keep the speed up. Either way, I expect to be there tonight, my only real stipulation is I need to be done and logged off by about 10:15 server time, as I promised the bride I'd do some audio editing for one of her work projects.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Quote:I revised my post to show your combination in there. That may be the best DPS.

As for the Baron fight, I figure 2 Magma totems + alternating between Volley and Hurricane should be adequate AoE for the skellies. They have very little health. Alternating holy waters is another good way to take care of the skellies, provided people have enough. I still have 8, I think, but definitely can't use it if I'm tanking Baron.

Volley is difficult to use as AoE on the skellies without a priest since it is channeled and I have no way to stop the stutter. FD+explosive trap is tricky in there because of the AoE shadow damage throwing me back in combat. Hurricane does work with barkskin, but it also sucks 1K+ mana and eliminates druid healing.

A Holy water barrage and a trap vs the 5 skellies should do it. Barkskin + hurricane + magma totems + FD and splosive trap (to hit more of them you FD after they are more collected on soneome) + both shaman healing Fazuul should be more than enough to do it vs the tiny skelly rush.

So really you can only count on about 160 damage to all the skellies from volley as the rest will be stuttered out or they will run out of the AoE.

I still think it can be done as we do have 4 sources of stationary and weak AoE, as well as multi shot (which if it crits pretty much kills what it hits) and cleave (or even WW if you are healthy enough).

We also have several wipe recovery methods (and we might have enough DPS that we can survive a wipe and plenty of methods to get one or two people back up if they die to an add or a bad pull. So the group seems forgiving and I think we have enough DPS, we'll have plenty of totems to boost DPS with 2 shammies and while Qantaqa doesn't hold aggro as well, the furious howl buff would help the whole parties DPS. Furious howl for that group would boil down to about 5 DPS per person if the druid is doing melee damage or 25 DPS since everyone could be getting in on it. Meowry only does about 10-15 more DPS than Qantaqa so total DPS of the group would be higher with Qantaqa. Though as mentioned Qantaqa doesn't build aggro as fast or generate as much aggro as Meowry. Lower DPS, slower attack speed and I can't claw for extra damage/aggro (claw is high aggro as well). Though I do still have intimidation that I can smack every 2 minutes to stun the mob and pull aggro and it's not like anyone who gets aggro, especially if Fazuul is tanking is all that squishy. I think Marn would be the squishiest and I've got about 3K armor and can kick up to about 24% dodge.

We have enough healing for sure, but yeah we will need to hit a mage to get the water flowing before hand. If you want the big DPS from Marn, I have to drink every 3 or 4 fights. I can stretch the drink time out but that means I've pulled back on DPS. I know Keshoga burns the mana to pile on the DPS too. But really I see Mogo drinking, Keshoga healing as we pull. Mogo gets up Keshoga switches to DPS. Then Keshoga drinks during the next fight as Mogo heals it. Should be able to mostly cycle thorugh that, keep the healing and DPS up. And heck if we need to, just have Conc tank a pull while Fazuul heals it and the two shaman drink.

There are also several times where Fazuul could be cat and Conc and the pet are just tanking the one or two mobs. Conc tanking more through DPS than through tanking. I just don't see aggro on Keshoga, Conc, or Mogo (as long as all of them don't have it) as that big a deal. And if Fazuul has to go from cat to bear, that's fine.

Now I think any of the methods of attack should work but the more I think about it, if Mogo and Keshoga are OK doing the bulk of the healing, we might be better DPS with Fazuul not healing. I'm not sure. I do know that Fazuul as MH and unleashin the other two should put both Mogo and Keshoga over 150 DPS each. Marn should be able to push 180 if not more (I've gotten a few other peices of gear most notably a second tarnished elven ring that will change things a bit), the pet should be able to push 80 something, we would only need 140-190 out of Conc and Fazuul to hit the 700-750 mark for the group that I think we figured is what you need and that should not be a problem as Conc could DPS tank some of the stuff.

But again regardless we've got so much of everything with tanking, healing and DPS, that we should be able to keep moving all the time with only a few people sitting to drink even if that lowers the active DPS, I think it will up the total damage done. Of course incoming damage rates will be higher without shackles and I doubt I'll bother to double trap anything as that means taking the pet and me out of play for a bit and if I take Qantaqa I have to pay more attention to if furious howl is on or off since I've seen her furious howl even after I've pulled her back to FD and that throws me back in combat.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:My main fear in tanking it is I'm not as familiar with the path we need to take, so it may slow us down some.

Marn and I are both familiar and can pull (though I'd prefer marn to pull when possible so I can charge, but I can rotate in every few pulls for when he needs to sit and drink)

Quote:My DPS when tanking is something lame around 75 dps.

75 DPS is more than I did in the successful 45 minute run I tanked in partial defense / partial DPS gear (It was 72 DPS). With Keshoga in the group for Windfury, my DPS soared to a lofty 90-95 DPS when tanking. My guess is that your mitigation and damage is probably similar to mine in my baron run gear.

In full DPS gear, berserker stance and Windfury + Strength of Earth from Mogo, I was very close averaging 300 DPS in the tribute runs last Thursday. Considering I don't remember exactly where you were before, but definitely under 200 (170ish?) in the 45 minute runs DPSing, I think Conc DPSing, Fazuul tanking, Marn pulling, Mogo healing, and Keshoga doing everything (DPS, backup heal, pulling with earth shock when necessary, etc...) is probably the best starting place for a group config.

Quote:my only real stipulation is I need to be done and logged off by about 10:15 server time, as I promised the bride I'd do some audio editing for one of her work projects.

This shouldn't be a big problem. Unlike my initial feeling, it's looking like I can get home at a normal or early time, so We should be good to start between 8 and 8:30, which gives us time for a few screw ups and one solid run.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:Well, I don't mind either healing or tanking a baron run. My main fear in tanking it is I'm not as familiar with the path we need to take, so it may slow us down some. My DPS when tanking is something lame around 75 dps. But again, that's probably higher than my DPS when healing. Any of the three combinations Conc listed are interesting, and part of me would find it fun to try each of them just to see what the difference is. But again, I mostly worry about being too slow on the pulling if I tank, as I'd be asking where to go next, etc. Unless we just have Marn pull, pet target is first FF, and I pick up the others as best I can. That might keep the speed up. Either way, I expect to be there tonight, my only real stipulation is I need to be done and logged off by about 10:15 server time, as I promised the bride I'd do some audio editing for one of her work projects.

Well honestly I see both Conc and Marn pulling. There will be times that I will simply have to drink and having Conc (or you) pull while I'm drinking makes sense. Regardless we can still have Conc or the pet tank first to die if he pulls (pet can go beat on stuff while I'm drinking, if I send it in after I start drinking)

And as you can see from my other post I too wouldn't mind trying all 3 combos to see how it goes. :) I think both shaman have the ghetto mana tide trinket they can plop to help keep mana levels up as well. Swap it in and out with other trinkets as we go along. Heck we might be able to have a mana spring (piddly 10 mana every 2 seconds but still) down all the time. Water totems are what, poison cleanse, disease cleanse, mana spring, healing stream, mana tide, fire resist and the ancient mana spring (trinket) totems? We don't need FR in there. We will need the poison and the disease ones every now and then, but with 2 shaman one can handle doing the cleanse totems and then the healing totem if we don't need it and the other can just keep the silly mana regenner up. Even if it means I'm drinking every 5 fights instead of every 4, that will help the speed. The down side is that it's 100 mana for everyone in the party at the cost of 205 mana for the shaman (assuming you are in range the whole time it is running).

But windfurry totem + grace of air + strength of earth + grounding or stoneskin or tremor will be fun to have up. :) Plenty of DPS adders, and utilities (bit of damage mitigation or a little bit of healing).

Are there any magic debuffs the mobs put up though? We have curse, poison, and disease removal, do we have magic debuffs to worry about since we can't wipe them?
---
Quote:Are there any magic debuffs the mobs put up though? We have curse, poison, and disease removal, do we have magic debuffs to worry about since we can't wipe them?

I'm wracking my brain about this one. I mainly remember trying to dispel fear (totems will be better anyway so no problem there) and the chill effect from Maleki since he punts (not much of an issue as you have the offtanks to make it not important).

I'm probably forgetting something but it seems to be mainly poison and disease.
Well we got Mogo, Marn and Doomstar (Mistique's warrior) completed for the 45 minute run.

Octord got one or two beads, but we were shorthanded, and he didn't really get a legitimate chance at too many beads. We thought we'd go to LBRS and get some, but totally forgot you can't collect them in a raid and blew our shot at them from there.

Geldauran made out very well in UBRS with Dal Rends Main Hand (he is sword spec) and Valor Shoulders. Gyth dropped the mail helm with Fire Resist, so it was an excellent quick UBRS run (we stopped at rend as we had 7 and it was late).
Quote:Geldauran made out very well in UBRS with Dal Rends Main Hand (he is sword spec) and Valor Shoulders. Gyth dropped the mail helm with Fire Resist, so it was an excellent quick UBRS run (we stopped at rend as we had 7 and it was late).

Kosch also made out with Boots and Gauntlets of Elements.
Quote:Kosch also made out with Boots and Gauntlets of Elements.

But poor Xarhud didn't get the pants or shoulders.

And father flame is hard to do when Treesh disconnects, I get a 10 to 15 second freeze up and several others lag out. I think Conc was the only person there who didn't have a connection issue so yeah, we wiped but we recovered.

Also I'll never manage to walk Marn from the door in back to the crystal without popping an egg again, don't expect me to be able to do that and bring someone who can stealth along to do it in the future. :)

Was a good night. The spider still won't cough up my boots, which I guess I actually will need to progress now (well I've got ogre beads and other crap to do still) but I may have to poke for more Baron runs. The item list still shows many pantsless people too and since we can do 45 minute runs with several group configs now we know a run for pants won't take too long (and of course you don't have to go that quickly if no one needs the quest).

We've also got Strat live runs down to around an hour as well and the least 2 runs we did netted 7 orbs (though I still have to send two of those on to the bank). So it shouldn't be too horrible to get Xarhud his gloves. Or if nothing else I'm thinking about just letting him take and sell all the orbs from a run or two to fund the purchase of the damn things. :) But as you guys know I'm always quite willing to go someplace I have no need to go.

As far as the Dungeon 2 set progress, since Fazuul got the 45 minute done with Keepers before our run last night that just leaves Keshoga, Xarhud (GIB gloves Galford!) a couple other of Mists alts and some of our newer 60's who might not even have the belt and gloves steps done (forgive me if I lost track of anyone else!). So progress has been pretty good there. We'll need some scholo runs to get Dark runes for people for the upgrades as well, but with the number of people still needing the hat I'm sure there is still interest in that. Marn still has a blood in the bank so easy summon shot of Kirtonis for Valor boots if I go along. I know we still need UBRS runs for chest pieces, blood for some, and other goodies. We'll need some of those runs for the upgrade quests as well. And UBRS runs will continue to get easier and easier as we get more and more geared, those minor upgrades from ZG, AQ20, and the stuff that some of us might start seeing from MC, and of course the upgrades that our newer 60's and alts get with some of the blues just make it simpler to do. We almost did it with 7 the other day (heck we would have done it with one more shot at him I think) so that is getting easier to accomplish. I'd still like to keep the Dungeon 2 set progess focused on those who are farthest behind if we can. So getting the rest of the T1 pieces people need or getting the rest of the 45 minute runs done. But no objections to progressing farther if we have the people to do it. :)

I'm quite pleased and proud of all the help that people who have a lot of this stuff done and who don't need anything from some of these instances are providing.

But as has been mentioned to me, people are willing to help out, but they need to know what people need help with. We have had a a couple of nights where we have had 10 L60's on and I'm sure if we poked a few of the Keepers for help many would join us. So we are big enough that we can run UBRS spontaneously now. Which means most 5 mans aren't a problem either. Scholo and LBRS are the only ones that will really take a large chunk of time to 5 man since both Strats can be done in an hour or so (though live can take longer depending on what you skip. Fras adds 15 minutes or so with the extra pulls and the Canon master can add another 15 minutes or so as well). I'm not sure where we have a full clear of Scholo (minus Jandice) down to, but there is just a fair bit of distance to have to move in that instance you can only make it so fast. I think with the right group (need someone how can do real AoE) we could even get an emperor run in BRD done in about an hour and a half too.

So again, try not to be like me, and if you have something you want to get done check the online list any night of the week and ask people. It's also worth checking Stormrage to see if a few of us that play there might want to pop over to help out as well. I'm on there at times just doing some farming for crafting mats and such (getting ore on that server is becoming very difficult with the number of farmers) and if you pop over I could very likey not be tied up. Mav is potentially the same way, could be on an alt over there but more than willing to jump on Keshoga to fill out a group, and Mav is easy to find, just do a /who Kesh to hunt up his alts. :)

It's nice to have a solid little PvE horde guild.:)
---
Quote:As far as the Dungeon 2 set progress, since Fazuul got the 45 minute done with Keepers before our run last night that just leaves Keshoga, Xarhud (GIB gloves Galford!) a couple other of Mists alts and some of our newer 60's who might not even have the belt and gloves steps done (forgive me if I lost track of anyone else!).

Fazuul healed a DM East run to get Gardenia her epic warlock mount, so I still have not completed the 45 minute baron run. I feel bad for what happened last night....Keepers had asked me earlier in the evening if I was doing anything with the guild, or if I was available to heal a DM run. I put them off for a while waiting, but once 9pm (my time) showed up, and not much Lurker activity, I went ahead and committed to heal their DM run. Shortly after starting, all the Lurkers showed up and get ready for the baron run. LOL Then I didn't feel right in deserting the Keepers midway through, and I was having some horrible lag last night. It caused us some problems in DM, and I think it would have been very bad in a 45 min run, so it's probably better I wasn't there. However, I still need quest credit for a 45 minute run.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Quote:Fazuul healed a DM East run to get Gardenia her epic warlock mount, so I still have not completed the 45 minute baron run. I feel bad for what happened last night....Keepers had asked me earlier in the evening if I was doing anything with the guild, or if I was available to heal a DM run. I put them off for a while waiting, but once 9pm (my time) showed up, and not much Lurker activity, I went ahead and committed to heal their DM run. Shortly after starting, all the Lurkers showed up and get ready for the baron run. LOL Then I didn't feel right in deserting the Keepers midway through, and I was having some horrible lag last night. It caused us some problems in DM, and I think it would have been very bad in a 45 min run, so it's probably better I wasn't there. However, I still need quest credit for a 45 minute run.

Ah my bad. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you had done a Keepers run for the 45 minute and that is where you got asked to help with the Warlock mount quest...

I knew you had put them off for a bit hoping to get in the Lurker run, but I thought that was just you hoping to be able to help us out. :)

I do understand the not backing out on them, and that our group over there can take a bit to get organized. :) We'll get you done. I have fun doing the 45 minute runs regardless of why we are doing it. :)
---
Wimpy still hasn't completed his 45min run. Though, he still has none of the Valor BOPs, so he'll need to run Scholo, Strat D, and UBRS a few dozen more time to get them.

Wimpy is looking pretty good for being 60 for only a few months now. His feet really need an upgrade. Tanking wise until I can get Sabatons of Might, Deathbones Sabatons would probably do, though I think getting Grimy Metal Boots off of King Gordok would probably happen sooner unless I'm really lucky, plus they'd be a good set of DPS booties.

Of course sitting at the top of the warrior list in MC helps my chances of getting a piece of Might sooner than later, though with my luck we'll see Gauntlets of Might drop off of Luci or Legplates of Might drop off Mags before Gehenas drops Sabatons. But hey, I'll take the first piece I see and it'll be an upgrade for me:)

Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Quote:Wimpy still hasn't completed his 45min run. Though, he still has none of the Valor BOPs, so he'll need to run Scholo, Strat D, and UBRS a few dozen more time to get them.

Wimpy is looking pretty good for being 60 for only a few months now. His feet really need an upgrade. Tanking wise until I can get Sabatons of Might, Deathbones Sabatons would probably do, though I think getting Grimy Metal Boots off of King Gordok would probably happen sooner unless I'm really lucky, plus they'd be a good set of DPS booties.

Of course sitting at the top of the warrior list in MC helps my chances of getting a piece of Might sooner than later, though with my luck we'll see Gauntlets of Might drop off of Luci or Legplates of Might drop off Mags before Gehenas drops Sabatons. But hey, I'll take the first piece I see and it'll be an upgrade for me:)

And this is where the queues can get fun. Admittedly Sabatons of Might would be a huge upgrade and you have a chance to get a good set bonus with them too, but Core Forged Greaves that come out of Domo's chest (will take a little longer to get there, I expect us to kill Geddon, Shazz, Golemagg, and Sulfuron the first time we see them, but the hold up will be the time it takes to get to domo, and having people with Aqual Quintessence to put out the runes). So you might not do so bad if you don't get the Sabatons first and end up high on the non class epic queue and get Core Forged. This group should be taking out Domo in a month or so.
---