Terenas - Gearing up 5/28 and 5/30
Vor_Lord said he liked that I was coordinating things this way by saying where to go and then asking for people rather than the other way around.

Sunday and Tuesday had decent attendance last week, so lets give those nights a shot again. Since I'm going to be gone over the weekend, I'm going to kickoff with some ideas, then check back with how it looks after I get back Monday.

I see three solid options:
1) Trib runs for Ogre beads (quest shortly after the 45 minute baron run in the upgrade questline) and gear.
-- Mist wants and probably Jandrey wants.
-- It took 2 trib runs plus some other farming of Ogres for Necrali and I to get all our beads
-- The follow-on quest requires 8 Large Brilliant shards, 4 Dark Runes and 1 Jeering Spectral Essence (drops from undead in DM West)
-- I am willing to tank these on Tuesday if needed, I still need a redoubt cloak and jeering spectral essence

2) More 45 minute attempts
-- Wimpy seems well enough geared to tank these, Mogo and Marn have both not completed this. Maybe Sunday, maybe Tuesday? Looking at Wimpy's damage output while tanking the tribute runs lastnight, I think Fury spec may be a relly good tanking build for this run, he was well over my damage output when I was tanking 45 minute runs, and he was wearing a lot more defensive gear than I do on 45 minute runs.

3) Strat Live for the up and coming warriors to get Ornate Adamantium Breastplate (Wimpy, Jester and Mistique's warriors) + Xarhud's gloves.
-- Mogo mentioned wanting Orbs. Neither Devout gloves or Orbs are soulbound, so they don't need to make this run to get what they need.
-- Hammer of grand crusader is a very nice healer druid mace that drops from the end guy. That, righteous orbs, the Tirion Fordring questline and devout gloves are about the only reasons to go into strat live, as most of the rest of the stuff in Live side is outdone by other gear.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Vor_Lord said he liked that I was coordinating things this way by saying where to go and then asking for people rather than the other way around.

Sunday and Tuesday had decent attendance last week, so lets give those nights a shot again. Since I'm going to be gone over the weekend, I'm going to kickoff with some ideas, then check back with how it looks after I get back Monday.

I see three solid options:
1) Trib runs for Ogre beads (quest shortly after the 45 minute baron run in the upgrade questline) and gear.
-- Mist wants and probably Jandrey wants.
-- It took 2 trib runs plus some other farming of Ogres for Necrali and I to get all our beads
-- The follow-on quest requires 8 Large Brilliant shards, 4 Dark Runes and 1 Jeering Spectral Essence (drops from undead in DM West)
-- I am willing to tank these on Tuesday if needed, I still need a redoubt cloak and jeering spectral essence

2) More 45 minute attempts
-- Wimpy seems well enough geared to tank these, Mogo and Marn have both not completed this. Maybe Sunday, maybe Tuesday? Looking at Wimpy's damage output while tanking the tribute runs lastnight, I think Fury spec may be a relly good tanking build for this run, he was well over my damage output when I was tanking 45 minute runs, and he was wearing a lot more defensive gear than I do on 45 minute runs.

3) Strat Live for the up and coming warriors to get Ornate Adamantium Breastplate (Wimpy, Jester and Mistique's warriors) + Xarhud's gloves.
-- Mogo mentioned wanting Orbs. Neither Devout gloves or Orbs are soulbound, so they don't need to make this run to get what they need.
-- Hammer of grand crusader is a very nice healer druid mace that drops from the end guy. That, righteous orbs, the Tirion Fordring questline and devout gloves are about the only reasons to go into strat live, as most of the rest of the stuff in Live side is outdone by other gear.

I can be around Sunday and Tuesday nights this week, I think. I'm raidlocked out of the Sunday SR stuff, and Tues is just 20-mans.

--Mav
I can be there Sunday (later) and Tuesday. I'll be happy to do any of these. Necrali could stand to benefit from 45 minute Baron runs still as she still needs the Devout Sandals off of Maleki. It'd be her last piece of Devout.

I can take Durambar to these things if needed also. I still have access to him for a couple more weeks.

Additionally I am also available Saturday should there be interest from others then too.
Sunday and Tuesday works for me. Saturday I may be around later depending on when our visitors are taking off.:)
Intolerant monkey.
Sunday and Tuesday sound great.

My gear is bad enough that I could profitably run anything at all and still stand a good chance at getting improved stuff.

However, I would like, at some point, to run some of the instances where the rest of the Valor set drops: UBRS and Scholomance. Strat dead is also good, although obviously the focus there would be the 45 min. attempts, which I don't need yet.

-Jester
Sunday & tuesday are good for me, i can be on at 6pm server time on.

Just let me know.

Mistique
Quote:Sunday and Tuesday sound great.

My gear is bad enough that I could profitably run anything at all and still stand a good chance at getting improved stuff.

However, I would like, at some point, to run some of the instances where the rest of the Valor set drops: UBRS and Scholomance. Strat dead is also good, although obviously the focus there would be the 45 min. attempts, which I don't need yet.

-Jester

One question, though. How do we get the Ornate Adamantium Breastplate? Is that at the end of a quest chain? I'd thought someone said it was from Tirion Fordring's Of Love and Family quest chain, but thottbot doesn't say anything at all about how to get it. (It doesn't even say if it's a quest, or a drop, or whatever)

-Jester
Quote:One question, though. How do we get the Ornate Adamantium Breastplate? Is that at the end of a quest chain? I'd thought someone said it was from Tirion Fordring's Of Love and Family quest chain, but thottbot doesn't say anything at all about how to get it. (It doesn't even say if it's a quest, or a drop, or whatever)

-Jester

It's hard to follow on thottbot. But yes, it is the "Of Love and Family" quest chain. First you kill a bunch of stuff for him, then you eventually have to retrieve a hammer from a crypt in the south (not soloable). The next portion has you find a painting inside Strat Live.
Quote:First you kill a bunch of stuff for him, then you eventually have to retrieve a hammer from a crypt in the south (not soloable).

It's easily soloable if you don't mind suicide. That's how I did it. Kill the boss, loot him, die, and you're off to the races!

-Jester
To sum up for Conc:

Saturday Wimpy and Doomstar got their Ornate Adamantium Breastplate. Mogo got a couple of orbs. No Devout Gloves.

I PUG'd out the BRD summon event for the upgrade quest. It's a total blast and I think we'll have fun doing it. Necrali just needs the Devout Sandals out of Strat Dead and she can get her next three pieces.

Sunday we attempted UBRS, but couldn't quite get Drakk with only 7. We were close enough I think had we another chance we might have gotten it. Mogo got her shoulders and there were various upgrades for young warriors and Dunar. Afterward another Strat live run netted Jester his breastplate (no Devout Gloves) and a bunch more orbs.

I went with the Gnome Ravagers to UBRS while everyone else went to Scarlet Strat. There's not really a lot for me in UBRS but I wanted to get blooded. So we finally kill Drakk (three tries but they finally listened to me) and they proceed to ninja all the blood while I was rezzing the kiting hunter.

They didn't do it intentionally (didn't know it was a limited quest item) but it was extremely frustrating. Considering the Scarlet Strat run started later, and they were done before our UBRS run was (oh the standing around!).... ARGH! I lost the roll on Ace of Beasts by 3, winning that might have made it worth it.
Quote:To sum up for Conc:

Saturday Wimpy and Doomstar got their Ornate Adamantium Breastplate. Mogo got a couple of orbs. No Devout Gloves.

I PUG'd out the BRD summon event for the upgrade quest. It's a total blast and I think we'll have fun doing it. Necrali just needs the Devout Sandals out of Strat Dead and she can get her next three pieces.
Sunday we attempted UBRS, but couldn't quite get Drakk with only 7. We were close enough I think had we another chance we might have gotten it. Mogo got her shoulders and there were various upgrades for young warriors and Dunar. Afterward another Strat live run netted Jester his breastplate (no Devout Gloves) and a bunch more orbs.

I went with the Gnome Ravagers to UBRS while everyone else went to Scarlet Strat. There's not really a lot for me in UBRS but I wanted to get blooded. So we finally kill Drakk (three tries but they finally listened to me) and they proceed to ninja all the blood while I was rezzing the kiting hunter.

They didn't do it intentionally (didn't know it was a limited quest item) but it was extremely frustrating. Considering the Scarlet Strat run started later, and they were done before our UBRS run was (oh the standing around!).... ARGH! I lost the roll on Ace of Beasts by 3, winning that might have made it worth it.

A note on the Drakk fight. The guards no longer have MS. Therefore, a viable strat is to use a well-geared tank to offtank both of them at once while the group kills Drakk. Tested, and it works:P

--Mav
Quote:A note on the Drakk fight. The guards no longer have MS. Therefore, a viable strat is to use a well-geared tank to offtank both of them at once while the group kills Drakk. Tested, and it works:P

They had mortal strike last night. Are you talking about the test server?
Quote:So we finally kill Drakk (three tries but they finally listened to me) and they proceed to ninja all the blood while I was rezzing the kiting hunter.

Blowful! I can't believe you didn't get your blood after all that. *pats Necrali*
Intolerant monkey.
Octord need Ogre beads and will hopefully be on on Tuesday.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
There is something strange going on. I got another double post.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
I will be there tonight, I might be a tad on the later side.

I have Mogo, Marn, Fazuul, and Keshoga as 45 minute run people. It would be interesting to have Necrali round out the 5, hoping for Devout boots from Maleki. Shaman tanking FTW! I think it would easily work for the front half, but Ramm and Baron might be tricky. Me or Wimpy filling the #5 spot works, but no priests may make things tougher, though "trapmaster" Marn is almost as good.

We have 3 people needing Ogre Warbeads, and I think preference is to do that in DM North. I would prefer to be in this group because of the chance of getting redoubt cloak vs. nothing but shards from Strat dead. 2 mages should trivialize DM North, but we still need a healer. We will have to wait to see who is there to finalize the grouping so that both groups work.

My inclination is to give the best possible class combination to the 45 minute group, since DM North can be done with a less optimal group. It's possible that much ogre killing can be done with a 4 man group consisting of Yuri, Octord, Mistique, and anyone else.

We'll have to play a little by ear tonight, but it's looking like it should be possible to get a GOOD 45 minute group going and a decent group for DM North as well.

Also, I'm one Dark Rune short of the 4 needed after the Ogre Warbeads, if someone has an extra one, I won't turn it down. But keep in mind that 4 are needed shortly after the 45 minute run.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:I will be there tonight, I might be a tad on the later side.

I have Mogo, Marn, Fazuul, and Keshoga as 45 minute run people. It would be interesting to have Necrali round out the 5, hoping for Devout boots from Maleki. Shaman tanking FTW! I think it would easily work for the front half, but Ramm and Baron might be tricky. Me or Wimpy filling the #5 spot works, but no priests may make things tougher, though "trapmaster" Marn is almost as good.

I don't know what my schedule is going to look like this evening so I wouldn't count on me be available for anything this evening. If I show up, well I'm there and either DM North or 45 min allow for some quest completions. Though I think 45min might provide better loot oportunity (I have no D0 BOPs) for me than DM North.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
I'm hoping to be on tonight, but I can't say for sure yet. Of course, I still want to run (and re-run, and
re-run) strat live to try and get my gloves, either by getting them to drop or by getting enough crap to sell so I can afford to pay ridiculous amounts of gold for them.

After that, I still want the necklace off the Baroness, and the Mindsurge Robes from tribute.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
After further review, I think these the best combinations:

- 45 minute of Marn, Mogo, Keshoga, Conc and Fazuul
Hopefully the plethora of off-tanking and healing make up for lack of shackle and shadow protection buff (Gift of the wild offers like 1/2 of the shadow protection buff, and I have shadow resist gear to help with Baron tanking). They will need tons of water.
We should have pretty decent DPS, depending on how we do the lineup. I see three possibilities here:
a ) Conc tanks, Fazuul Main Heal, Mogo Backup heal in DPS gear, with Keshoga and Marn full DPS.
b ) Conc tanks, Mogo Main Heal, Fazuul Backup heal in DPS gear, with Keshoga and Marn full DPS.
c ) Fazuul + Meowry tanks, Mogo Main Heal, Keshoga Backup heal and Conc and Marn full DPS

We can discuss the best of these combinations when we're all together. They are all kind of interesting though. I think C unlocks the most DPS, but leaves less margin for error with Fazuul not available to heal much.

- Tribute or LBRS for Ogres (I'll leave it up to the group, but trib probably has the best opportunity for gear for the group as a whole).
Jester, Necrali, Yuri, Octord, Mistique.
Jester is new to 60 and told me he was mostly solo-ing to 60, so you guys may need to go a little easy on the DPS and he may need some guidance (I don't know because everytime I've played with him, he hasn't been tanking).

If we have a quick completion on 45 minute run and still have 8-10 people and a key, we can make an attempt at UBRS for blood and gear.
Quote:I would guess that Fazuul as main heal would be slightly more damage than Mogo as main heal, but we may have to try out both combinations.

Mogo (especially with her hammer and enhancement talents) can still do significant damage while healing. Fazuul, as Resto/Feral, would be stuck using wrath and moonfire for any kind of DPS as he can't go cat form if healing.

Another possibility with that group is having Fazuul tank, allowing Conc to go full out DPS, berserker and all. The lack of shackle will mean more healing will be needed regardless but there is a lot to go around and Fazuul is a fine tank. Slower druid aggro can be compensated for by having the pet tank the first target in any pull.

The Baron himself may be tricky, but hopefully volley and shaman AoE can dispatch skeletons (with holy water if necessary).

Just my two cents.