As a spinoff on the audio equipment thread I present to you...
This is a great chance for you all to see my awesome foobar setup :blink:and my even more awesome taste in music. :wacko: Feel free to post your own.

[Image: coolestfoobarinterfaceever4ju.jpg]
Quote:This is a great chance for you all to see my awesome foobar setup :blink:and my even more awesome taste in music. :wacko: Feel free to post your own.
:w00t:Huzzah, King Crimson! 21 Century Schizoid man! Double Huzzah! :w00t::w00t: But you will have to be shot at dawn, dear Nystul, for the sin of adding "No Doubt" to a list on the same page as King Crimson.

Oh well, tastes differ. If such is a sin, I'll most likely meet you in Hell, where we will stand around listening to the Bay City Rollers, over and over. My sins would include subjecting my kids to Mott the Hoople. All the Way to Memphis and Rock n Roll Queen left them cold. :shuriken:

Occhi

EDIT: Yes, that was a recycling of a Denis Leary line, for those of you who were wondering.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I take your Foobar2000 and raise you an iTunes with an extra stick of RAM.

[Image: itunes8cz.th.jpg]

This may not be popular with Foobar users, but after trying out a variety of players (WinAmp, Foobar, etc), I came back to iTunes as the best. Although it can sometimes be a memory hog, I found it to not be that much slower than other players with my library of over 12,000+.

The ease of use, and the clean interface makes me fall in love :wub:.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote::w00t:Huzzah, King Crimson! 21 Century Schizoid man! Double Huzzah! :w00t::w00t: But you will have to be shot at dawn, dear Nystul, for the sin of adding "No Doubt" to a list on the same page as King Crimson.

Oh well, tastes differ. If such is a sin, I'll most likely meet you in Hell, where we will stand around listening to the Bay City Rollers, over and over. My sins would include subjecting my kids to Mott the Hoople. All the Way to Memphis and Rock n Roll Queen left them cold. :shuriken:

Occhi

EDIT: Yes, that was a recycling of a Denis Leary line, for those of you who were wondering.
I'm still trying to reconcile Mariah Carey with Led Zeppelin.

I guess it would be no different than the dichotomy of my industrial trance mix contrasted with my diva mix. Or, then again with my history of power metal mix, and my rock guitar virtuoso mix. I guess that would be a quadatomy. I have many different lists for many different moods, so I guess my musical taste is polyotomical.

Warning: Do not mix Gun's N' Roses with Celine Dion. It would be messy.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I'm still trying to reconcile Mariah Carey with Led Zeppelin.

Isn't it obvious? They both involve a lot of raspy, high-pitched vocals. :lol:
Would Mariah squeeze your lemons till the juice ran down your leg?

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:I take your Foobar2000 and raise you an iTunes with an extra stick of RAM.

[Image: itunes8cz.th.jpg]

This may not be popular with Foobar users, but after trying out a variety of players (WinAmp, Foobar, etc), I came back to iTunes as the best. Although it can sometimes be a memory hog, I found it to not be that much slower than other players with my library of over 12,000+.

The ease of use, and the clean interface makes me fall in love :wub:.

Cheers,

Munk

I hate how iTunes rips my music automatically to some crappy mp3 format. I always rip my music with Nero or WMP in mp4 format for ultra quality - and I do notice the difference! Because of this alone, I prefer Winamp as I find iTunes too intrusive for my tastes!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Would Mariah squeeze your lemons till the juice ran down your leg?
Only if you had one heck of a lot of Bling. She only dates rich guys, I hear.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I hate how iTunes rips my music automatically to some crappy mp3 format. I always rip my music with Nero or WMP in mp4 format for ultra quality - and I do notice the difference! Because of this alone, I prefer Winamp as I find iTunes too intrusive for my tastes!

Completely understandable. As far as ripping goes, I won't put my money down on iTunes. But as far as music management, I'm going to stick it out with iTunes.:)

Managing a list of 12,000+ songs became rather troublesome with Winamp, but its still possible. What tipped the scale for me was iTunes smart playlists. The ability to auto select music on a variety of different classifications keeps me listening to much more of the playlist, without choosing the same hand picked tried and true tunes over and over.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Would Mariah squeeze your lemons till the juice ran down your leg?
Hey, hey, Mariah , said, the way you move
gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove
Ah-ah, child, the way you shake that thing
gon' make you burn, gon' make you sting
Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way
watch your lemons drip, can't keep away

Maybe not...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Hey, hey, Mariah , said, the way you move
gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove
Ah-ah, child, the way you shake that thing
gon' make you burn, gon' make you sting
Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way
watch your lemons drip, can't keep away

Maybe not...
The lyric reference was to "You Shook Me."

Oh joy, Led Zepp trivia time. What glows besides the midnight sun in the land of the ice and snow?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:The lyric reference was to "You Shook Me."

Oh joy, Led Zepp trivia time. What glows besides the midnight sun in the land of the ice and snow?

Occhi

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah, ah,
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords.

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Glow?

Must be the northern lights reflecting off of the bling in somebody's grill. Peep this.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Glow?

Must be the northern lights reflecting off of the bling in somebody's grill. Peep this.
As Jimi Hendrix once said " 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy!" :lol:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:But you will have to be shot at dawn, dear Nystul, for the sin of adding "No Doubt" to a list on the same page as King Crimson.

To each his own, of course.:) Nirvana seemed to make people forget that rock is allowed to be upbeat and fun. No Doubt was a good reminder.
Quote:To each his own, of course.:) Nirvana seemed to make people forget that rock is allowed to be upbeat and fun. No Doubt was a good reminder.
He shoots, he scores!:D

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:To each his own, of course.:) Nirvana seemed to make people forget that rock is allowed to be upbeat and fun. No Doubt was a good reminder.

Hmm somebody obviously never heard some of Nirvana's better cover work... Plenty of cheerful songs if you know where to look.:P
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."

And Gwen Stefani is smoking hot :wub:
Sigh, I am going to be exposed as a sentimental old fool, but that song "A Simple Kind of Life" was actually quite good. Touching even.

Went down hill fast with the newer stuff.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Sigh, I am going to be exposed as a sentimental old fool, but that song "A Simple Kind of Life" was actually quite good. Touching even.

Went down hill fast with the newer stuff.

It's all downhill since Tragic Kingdom, as far as I'm concerned. The 90s ska craze came and went so fast, and they tried to change with the times, and it wasn't as good. I do kind of like the new wavy single "Cool" from Gwen's solo album.