1.11 Patch Information
CitizenKane2 has posted an excellent forum thread at Stratics that summarizes all of the latest discoveries on the test realm. There's a ton of information there. Take a look!
There's so much good information here that I don't know where to begin. Random details keep popping out like the fact that one can buy an (unique so only one) 18-slot bag and that lightning eels and armorfish will be used for something finally. Make sure you get your Argent Dawn faction as high as possible now, because you'll save a lot of money and time in the long run when the patch comes out, because everything's much cheaper the higher your reputation is. Stock up on essences of water. There will be new Scarlet Insignias in addition to scourgestones.

There's also a fantastic post stickied on the Test Realm forum by Greatness that lists the undocumented changes in game. I'll quote it here, but you might check the original post from time to time for any changes.

Quote:This thread is for the known undocumented changes made in 1.11. This thread contains things that are not covered in the 1.11 test realm patch notes at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/...patchnotes.html .

This is for changes that are most likely intentional, but were not covered. Thing such as bugs should not go here. Also do not use this thread as a rant about a certain change. Keep it subjective. Feel free to change to add your own observations.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for your submissions! And thanks blue for the sticky:)

General
* A permanant version of Aqual Quintessence (called Eternal Quintessence) is provided after completing the Hydraxian Waterlords quest chain. This is avaliable to players who have a reputation level of Revered. See Duke Hydraxis for more information.
* When dueling, all other duelers have unique icons over there heads (skulls, diamonds, shields, etc)
* When standing there is a global cooldown of 1.5 seconds.
* Temporary weapon buffs (such as poisons, enchanting oils, sharpening stones and shaman weapon buffs) will no longer be removed when zoning. These buffs will also persist when logged out.
* The LookingForGroup channel is now worldwide. Players in Eastern Plaguelands can look for groups in Ironforge or Stormwind.
* The Gnome racial ability, Escape Artist, now has a chance to fail.

PvP
* New item rewards have been added for those who have achieved Rank 14 in the PvP Honor System.
* Players can no longer queue up other players with the deserter debuff for a battleground by forming a raid and having the leader in a different subgroup, and joining as a group.
* Names of some of the Battlegrounds quests were changed.

Mage
* Ignite - Appears to not be "rolling". Unconfirmed, possible bug.
* Evocation - Cooldown reduced to 8 minutes.
* Cooldown on the use of a Mana Gem has been decreased to two minutes.
* Pyroblast - Cooldown removed.

Warrior
* Talent Improved Bloodrage has been redesigned. It now increases the base rage you get from Bloodrage by 3/5 rage.
* Execute - Now has a blueish color on hit. (Confirm?)

Items
* Zandalarian Hero Charm - Initial effect has been reduced to 200 damage and 400 healing. The effect is now reduced 25 damage and 50 healing every spellcast.
* Deathdealer Shoulder - 10 stamina removed.
* The Primal Hakkari tokens used to obtain items in the Zul'Gurub armor quests now contain a "Classes:" flag. This will make it easier to determine what classes use the item.
* Noggenfogger Elixer - Cooldown removed.

Quests
* New repeatable quests have been added to the goblin cities to help re-establish reputation with the Steamwheedle Cartel. These NPCs are representitives of the Steamwheedle Cartel so those with negative reputation can intereact with them.

Raids and Dungeons
* The Ironbark Protectors in DM West now have an Entangle Root spell that lasts for ~12 seconds.
* Ouru of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj has had his loot table extended.
* Added brand new loading screens for Scarlet Monastary and Blackrock Spire.
* A new boss, named Scorn, with a new loot table has been added to the Graveyard of Scarlet Monestary.

User Interface
* Buffs that have 'charges' now display how many in the buff icon.
* Debuffs are now colored coded by type. Green border is poison, purple is a curse, light blue is magic, etc.
* A leader of a raid can put symbols on a target similar to Hunter's Mark. These are purely cosmetic and assist with the organization of a raid.
* Default UI now reports quantity of an item looted, on the loot output channel. For example, "Player received loot: [Dense Stone]x3"
* Bank bags now have a higher contrasted background than before (white stone rather than dark blue).
* Inventory/bank bags are now scaled down and take up less amount of space on the screen when opened.
* Extra game tips have been added to the loading screen.
* When right clicking a player's name in chat, the whisper option has been replaced with a target option. This option does not work if the player is not in your interest area.
* Extended action bars now show hotkey and range information just like the default action bar.
* When a GM ticket is open, an estimated wait time is now displayed.
* There is a new option under Interface options - "Show Target of Target"
* When inspecting a player who has equiped set items, the UI now highlights what parts of the set that person is wearing rather than what parts you are wearing.
* Several technical LUA changes (for UI mod authors): http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post343889

World Environment
* The hills south of where Lord Kazzak spawns have been leveled, making them climbable.
* Land that prevously was between Duskwood and Stranglethorn Vale was raised to stop people from entering Kharazahn and old Zul'Gurub, also the land was raised in order to prevent players from reaching the top of the Orgrimmar gates.

Technical
* Native support for the Logitech G15 keyboard has been added. This requires no extra software, except the latest drivers from Logitech ( http://bitbasher.net/wow/g15wow.jpg )
This image was taken off a chinese website:

[Image: 187_136337.jpg]

Some thoughts are going around that you get this sword either by quests or maybe a drop off Mograine in Naxxramas and then you go through some legendary series of quests to purify the sword. Anyone have any ideas of what "Will of the Ashbringer" means? There's some talk that the sword might talk to you, too.
Quote:This image was taken off a chinese website:

Some thoughts are going around that you get this sword either by quests or maybe a drop off Mograine in Naxxramas and then you go through some legendary series of quests to purify the sword. Anyone have any ideas of what "Will of the Ashbringer" means? There's some talk that the sword might talk to you, too.

Oh man. I can't wait to find out more about this.
Quote:Anyone have any ideas of what "Will of the Ashbringer" means?
New spell effects in the PTR patch.

Curse of the Plaguebringer: Curses the target with the Curse of the Plaguebringer. If the target is not dispelled of the curse, the target will become infected along with all nearby allies in a selected area with the Wrath of the Plaguebringer.

Wrath of the Plaguebringer: Infects nearby allies, inflicting Nature damage, then additional damage every "X" sec. for "Y".

Unsure if the target is the wielder or the wielder's target. One site has the values for X and Y at 2 and 2300 respectively. Those damage numbers seem outrageous either way.
Quote:New spell effects in the PTR patch.

Curse of the Plaguebringer: Curses the target with the Curse of the Plaguebringer. If the target is not dispelled of the curse, the target will become infected along with all nearby allies in a selected area with the Wrath of the Plaguebringer.

Wrath of the Plaguebringer: Infects nearby allies, inflicting Nature damage, then additional damage every "X" sec. for "Y".

Unsure if the target is the wielder or the wielder's target. One site has the values for X and Y at 2 and 2300 respectively. Those damage numbers seem outrageous either way.
Those are actually abilities of one of the Bosses in Naxx.
Quote:Anyone have any ideas of what "Will of the Ashbringer" means?

I, for one, am hoping that the "Will of the Ashbringer" is a melee proc which makes the wielder go insane, turn hostile towards their allies, and begin attacking them. Like when the Baronness possesses you in Stratholme, only it can happen anytime you melee with the sword. It would be a nice fit for the lore--you take a cursed uber-powerful sword from a deathknight, it should be difficult to control. Like Frostmourne.

Side note: Insanity procs would be an interesting way to balance out crazy raid epics in PvP.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/items-2...ashbringer.html

This site has some sound clips... as well as some interesting comments.

"-25 stamina, that's pretty crap"
followed by
"389 top damage, that's pretty non crap"
:)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:This image was taken off a chinese website:

[Image: 187_136337.jpg]

Here's hoping Lilarcor makes a return, even though that was a Black Isle game, and not a Blizzard game:)

I'd like to see more items with negative modifiers on them; might add some strategic depth to choosing your gear (e.g. gain STR, but lose STA), especially since gear choice seems rather linear the higher you go up the equipment food chain.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
No comment on this little item?

Quote:Pyroblast - Cooldown removed.

Sheep, trinket, pyroblast, flame blast, pom pyroblast. gg
Quote:No comment on this little item?

1) You're assuming Pyroblast scales as well, which IIRC it doesn't.
2) You're spending 6 seconds of a trinket casting nothing.
3) You're depending on at least 21/11 -> major complaint about Pyroblast is that it's nothing without a speed booster (PoM or 8/8 NW).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:No comment on this little item?

Hardly.

Sheep, trinket. Halfway through the monster 6 second cast, your target PvP trinkets out and smacks you with a spell interrupt, then proceeds to three-shot you (what class can't do that these days?). And that's assuming that the sheep even lasts 6 seconds in a combat environment without getting dispelled/broken.

It's a fun maybe-sometimes trick for duels, but no one has the time to put it together in WSG or AB.

Also, this requires a certain spec which is gimped for anything other than bursting damage once every three minutes.
Quote:Sheep, trinket. Halfway through the monster 6 second cast, your target PvP trinkets out and smacks you with a spell interrupt, then proceeds to three-shot you (what class can't do that these days?).
It's a fun maybe-sometimes trick for duels, but no one has the time to put it together in WSG or AB.

4/9 classes can't trinket out of polys. Of course, shaman can use grounding totem, and an alert druid can shift, and a hunter pet will be stuttering the Pyroblast, leaving warriors with the short end of the stick.
Quote:1) You're assuming Pyroblast scales as well, which IIRC it doesn't.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Pyroblast does benefit from +damage, if that's what you're saying.

Skandranon, you know very well that you can resheep someone who trinkets out of sheep, too. It's annoying that for all practical matters, polymorph doesn't receive a diminishing returns penalty until the person goes immune on the fourth cast. I've spent a long time sheeped in PvP, so don't try to tell me it always gets broken.

But I do agree with both of you that such a build would just continue the old "every 3 minute mage" problem.

Well, good. At least I got some comments going. I felt like I was talking to an empty room there for a while. There's a ton of information in these posts and unofficial patch notes. What are your thoughts and opinions about them?
Quote:Skandranon, you know very well that you can resheep someone who trinkets out of sheep, too. It's annoying that for all practical matters, polymorph doesn't receive a diminishing returns penalty until the person goes immune on the fourth cast. I've spent a long time sheeped in PvP, so don't try to tell me it always gets broken.

Most classes don't just trinket out of sheep and wait for the next move. All of them I've seen immediately silence or spell-interrupt the resheep. Just taking the priest as an example, PvP trinket out and Silence the mage. In those four seconds, Mind Blast, SW:P, and shield yourself (optionally: dispel his Arcane Power) and it's good game mage, since one SW:P and one Mind Blast is sufficient to deal with any mage that's carrying enough +damage to make his pyroblasts threatening. Yeah, mages can have more stamina - but any mage with that much stamina isn't going to be able to pyroblast through a top-rank PW:S, let alone any part of your life. Every class (well, save warriors) easily counters any three-minute combo, pyro cooldown or not.

As for the other information, most of it is just straightforward fixes and minor issues. They made a change today that should be convenient - no release timer in instances. But again, that's just convenience.
edit: Bah answer was there in the clear already

Instead, let me ask this:

They don't yet have on this thread the class rewards for AQ20 posted. This one seems to be simple as you can just go to Cenarion Hold and talk to the NPCs. I haven't seen the upgraded versions anywhere yet.
Dunno for other classes, but warrior items were posted in the warrior forum:

Zandalar Vindicator's Belt
Old:
18 STR
10 STA
1% Crit

New
25 STR
10 STA
+1% Crit

Zandalar Vindicator's Armguards
Old:
12 STR
11 AGI
11 STA

New:
13 STR
13 AGI
13 STA

Signet of Unyielding Strength
Old:
10 STR
8 STA
1% Crit

New
11 STR
14 STA
+1% Critical Strike

Drape of Unyielding Strength
Old:
15 STR
9 AGI
8 STA

New:
15 STR
9 AGI
9 STA
+1% Chance to Hit
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:As for the other information, most of it is just straightforward fixes and minor issues. They made a change today that should be convenient - no release timer in instances. But again, that's just convenience.

I'm talking about the whole original post, Skandranon. You know, the new quests, new recipes, new events, new items, talent and skill changes, the whole kitten caboodle. Pick your favorite area. What's making you go, "Woah..." about the upcoming patch?

How about the fact that lightning eels and armorfish will be used for something?

As far as the pyroblast change, I just picked something to spark some discussion. It's an interesting change, and I'm not really sure what sparked it. It's not a huge change, mind you, because the difference between using a fireball starter and a pyroblast starter isn't enormous. Regarding your theoretical situation, however, you had to first assume that the priest was shadow spec'd, which is not really a good assumption anymore, and your theoretical mage had to have less than 2k life and not know to drink a combat potion, eat a tuber, or recast mana shield before the SW:Pain ran its course. Priests are the quintesencial non-burst damage class. If I were shadow spec'd, though, I'd additionally use Devouring Plague and use the four second Silence time to run up and Psychic Scream the mage, which would give me the extra time I really need to get the Mind Blast and maybe some ticks of a Mind Flay going. Since I'm holy spec'd, though, I'm basically out of luck. Just resheep me and pyroblast-fireblast-pom pyroblast away. Maybe throw a counterspell in after the first pyroblast to make sure I can't do anything.

(I'm loving the idea that many mages won't get improved counterspell next patch, though).
Quote:(I'm loving the idea that many mages won't get improved counterspell next patch, though).

Was the "improved" bug ever fixed? If not, you may not be liking that so much. 10 seconds without healing can be much worse than 4 seconds without anything.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Some nice UI changes.

The change to the temporary buffs (which Blizzard consistently said was too much effort to be worth it, *snicker*) is a welcome change. Might mean less farming stones for sharpstones when doing several 10-minute Warsongs in a row. Probably means a fair bit of cash saved for Rogues.

The Improved Bloodrage change is exactly what I was wanting. Somehow, some way, someone was actually listening to the people on the Warrior boards when making changes to the class, instead of doing whatever the hell they feel like at the time (e.g. Shield Slam.)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.