The 1.11 patch is on the test realms!
Quote:I know our raid leaders will insist that every uses CT_RaidAssist still
I just started discussion for us about what parts of CTRA we want.

Quote:because they will want to be able to see who brought materials with them (aqual quintessence, nature protection potions, etc.)
Aqual Quintessence shouldn't be an issue in 1.11:)
Pots, we usually know who's gathering them or supplying, and as the Rogues' GSPP vendor it's definately nice to do /raitem, but I could just ask as easily in the rogue channel.

Quote:what the resistances are for everyone in the raid,
Very nice feature, no doubt ...

Quote:and what the combat rez timers are on our druids among other things.
Nice, but almost just as easy to ask.

Quote:For my end, I can't imagine playing without MT's Target's Target
An option in base UI for 1.11.

Quote:or the Resurrection Monitor anymore.
No experience here, my only healer's a druid :rolleyes:

Quote:Plus, CT_RaidAssist has so many useful boss-related warnings and timers built into it.
Not built in. The warnings/timers are the addon CT_BossMods. They just use a mechanic that CTRA defined -> /rs. Simply modify CT_BossMods to use the new /rw, and again you only need a few people with BossMods running, and only one that's broadcasting.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Res monitor is nifty, but only shaves a min or two off wipes.

This is a total tangent, but anyone who doesn't care about the rez monitor has clearly not played a priest, and spent thousands of mana and minutes of time trying to rez people that are already rezzed.:)

And don't tell me that everyone can just make a macro because I can't count the number of times I have seen "Ressurecting Golemagg in 10 secs..." in chat! :blink:
Quote:Not built in. The warnings/timers are the addon CT_BossMods. They just use a mechanic that CTRA defined -> /rs. Simply modify CT_BossMods to use the new /rw, and again you only need a few people with BossMods running, and only one that's broadcasting.

That's not completely true. Some of the warnings are individual things such as the warning that a nearby bug is about to explode during the Twin Emps fight. That's not something that your own copy of CT_RaidAssist/CT_BossMods is warning you about and can't be broadcast to you by someone else who is not in the area.

Quote:This is a total tangent, but anyone who doesn't care about the rez monitor has clearly not played a priest, and spent thousands of mana and minutes of time trying to rez people that are already rezzed.:)

And don't tell me that everyone can just make a macro because I can't count the number of times I have seen "Ressurecting Golemagg in 10 secs..." in chat! :blink:

No kidding. Our raid rez time has been sped up *so* much ever since I walked our priests and shamans through the instructions of how to bring up the resurrection window in CT_RaidAssist. Before, I would see on the resurrection monitor like five people rezing the same person. Now, at most I see two people rezing the same person, and usually one person stops during the rez process and starts rezing another person. It's especially helpful after a full raid wipe, because rezers are supposed to rez other rezers, so it's more likely that they'll choose the same person, especially if they're just going down the raid list. Now, people rez seperate rezers who can then rez other people and then the group gets up so much more quickly. Sure, you might say it only shaves off three minutes (my estimate) per wipe, but if you wipe ten times while you're learning new content, that shaves off a half an hour on your trip, so it really pays off.

(The same thing can be said for deciding loot. Your runs will be so much faster and more enjoyable if you speed up the loot decision process by a few minutes at each boss. A few minutes times eight or so bosses can add up to a lot of wasted down time).
PVP-Sets
New Sets
Old Sets

I'm not that intrested in PVP, so I can't really comment on the changes. What I noticed:

Every occurence of Attack Power was replaced.
Hunter lose all of their Spirit, mages almost all.
Paladins get +damage/heal and mana/5
Quote: PVP-Sets
New Sets
Old Sets

I'm not that intrested in PVP, so I can't really comment on the changes. What I noticed:

Every occurence of Attack Power was replaced.
Hunter lose all of their Spirit, mages almost all.
Paladins get +damage/heal and mana/5

I can't get to the old sets to compare anymore (Blizzard's web team caught up?), but I suppose this change is motivated to keep up with raid sets?
Quote:I can't get to the old sets to compare anymore (Blizzard's web team caught up?), but I suppose this change is motivated to keep up with raid sets?

They're not going beyond this, they said. Further upgrades will come through a new reward, apparantly. PvP is currently 65, while Tier 1 is 66. Makes sense that they would make PvP higher (I'm guessing 75), as Tier 2 is 76. Now if only they would stop their "+Agi/+AP MUST GO!" crusade ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Aqual Quintessence shouldn't be an issue in 1.11:)
What am I missing here?
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:What am I missing here?

Anybody who is Revered with the Hydraxian Waterlords will be able to collect a non-consumable version. No more trips to that bloody island:D

(Well, one more.)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:Anybody who is Revered with the Hydraxian Waterlords will be able to collect a non-consumable version. No more trips to that bloody island:D

(Well, one more.)

Mark my words. They'll find a way to keep us coming back!
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Mark my words. They'll find a way to keep us coming back!

Well, there are a couple of recipes that require you to have faction with the Hydraxian Waterlords. One even requires you to be Exalted with them!
Quote:Well, there are a couple of recipes that require you to have faction with the Hydraxian Waterlords. One even requires you to be Exalted with them!

*raises an eyebrow*

Hm? I've been exalted for some time...

You sure about that? I thought the last pattern was at Revered.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:*raises an eyebrow*

Hm? I've been exalted for some time...

You sure about that? I thought the last pattern was at Revered.

I'm pretty sure I saw one. I'll have to do some digging when I'm less tired to be absolutely sure, though. I remember thinking, "Holy cow! That recipe requires being Exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords!" though.
Quote:Does the default UI to MT targets and targets target? I don't think I could play without knowing which mage/rogue to heap with scorn for pulling aggro.
Finally got Mogo transferred over. There is a "show target of target" checkbox in the basic party and raid UI.

Quote:A couple of not in the patch notes things overheard in guild chat / teamspeak being relayed from people on the test realms:

1. Apparently, there are some new Argent Dawn shoulder enchants. An example: The priest one is +31 healing 5 mp5.

2. The ZHC was nerfed to 200 damage. I don't know about healing, but I would guess it got nerfed to 400 healing.
Something else that isn't in the notes (or I didn't see it anyway) is that the shaman talent anticipation does NOT add to your defense skill, but instead adds to dodge. Woohoo for more complete damage avoidance for Mogo rather than just reduction in damage. The 1.11 talent calculator on Blizzard's site hasn't been updated yet, but I've got a screenie.

Also, managed to get a screenie of a pair of plate pants (High Chief's Legguards of the Bear) that have 15 stamina (1821374340 charges) and 15 Strength (same amount of charges). Whatever the "charges" are.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Also, managed to get a screenie of a pair of plate pants (High Chief's Legguards of the Bear) that have 15 stamina (1821374340 charges) and 15 Strength (same amount of charges). Whatever the "charges" are.

My first guess about the charges thing is that its a bug, like the rockbaiter3 thing on some of the abyssal items.
Quote:My first guess about the charges thing is that its a bug, like the rockbaiter3 thing on some of the abyssal items.
Yeah, that's what I figured too, but it's still something worth screenshotting so I did.:)

*kicks her mailer so she can mail them to MJ*
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Something else that isn't in the notes (or I didn't see it anyway) is that the shaman talent anticipation does NOT add to your defense skill, but instead adds to dodge.

I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen more comment on this. 5% >> 10 defense, especially for a class that can only wear mail. That change alone has me looking at the enhancement tree a bit differently for my PvE shaman. A elemental/enchancement shaman would have good reason to look at going 21 deep in enhancement as mixing up the spells and melee can be a very good way to do DPS in many situations. That 21st point for parry would give essentially 5% damage avoidance which made it something to think about (depending on your playstyle) over elemental mastery. Now that you can get extra dodge chance going down that tree to get your flurry (which when you couple it with the new elemental devasation talent could do some fun things for damage) even if you just go 20 and the improved totems so just drop 2 points in dodge the 20 point build goes from .08% extra damage avoidance to 2% more damage avoidance. So you are only giving up about 3% melee damage avoidance if you take elemental over parry mastery as opposed to the 5% with the old anticipation talent. And you can then get a forced crit on a damage spell which will then give you 9% more crit on your melee attacks (so about 3 swings worth) just upping your chance of flurry going off to give you yet more damage.

Seems like a small unimportant change but I see it helping make certain talent and playstyle choices more viable.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Frostmaul Shards can now correctly be gathered by Alliance. Don't need to kill the Giants anymore.
Quote:Frostmaul Shards can now correctly be gathered by Alliance. Don't need to kill the Giants anymore.

I was able to collect them from the growths on the live realms just a week or so ago. So not sure when that was fixed but it was fixed before 1.11. I didn't even know it was a problem.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I was able to collect them from the growths on the live realms just a week or so ago. So not sure when that was fixed but it was fixed before 1.11. I didn't even know it was a problem.

Maybe I'll try, again, later today then ... Tried after 1.10 (quest available), 1.10.1, and 1.10.2 so far ...
Ahh, damn. Just saw something on the blizzard boards that made me go "huh?"

Anyone try the Rogue Ravenholdt quest on test? The one part's probably a little stupid now :/