Terenas - More 45 min attempts
Sunday night had one successful group:
Jandrey
Conc
Necrali
Mistique
Xarhud

Xarhud did not have the gloves so was unable to get completion credit, so we have 4 now with completion credit.

2 priests was very nice to help when we got adds. The wipe we had on the first attempt with this group was a wipe because we accidentally pulled casters. If they had been undead, we probably would NOT have wiped because two shackles trivializes most of the content before the baron. Though we didn't have any major mis-steps the second run, we did get a few extras on some of the pulls and the 2nd shackle was a REAL bonus for when things go wrong.

2 holy water and one Arcane Explosion was enough to kill the little skellies that come out after Ramm. It saves a lot of problems with mage worries, both health and mana. The cooldown is short enough and the wait long enough that you can use the holy water again on the 5 black guards that come out of the slaughterhouse.

So Tuesday's grouping 8-8:30 start time is still looking like:
Conc
Necrali
Yuri
Marn
Mogo

With Octord as a sub in for Yuri? Maybe a group with Octord first because he usually goes to sleep earlier?
Not quite sure what to do with 6 people.

-----------------------------------
Strategy
-----------------------------------
For those who haven't been with us, this is what we've been doing:
1) clear the entrance area and around the cart (tricky pulls and sometimes there are problems because of that). Go most of the way to the spider and all of the way to the Baroness
2) Pull Baroness to cart area and DPS the crap out of her*
3) clear to spider along the right wall (mage and healer clear zigg* while rest of group starts other clearing to spider)
4) kill spider, everyone inside zigg
5) through trap*
6) clear area outside of trap, move to RIGHT of fountain across to the far wall
7) clear most of mobs from along the wall
8) clear groups near Maleki, then Maleki, then zigg
9) rest is straightforward... to gate, aboms, Ramm, skellies, baron

I've put * at steps that have caused us multiple problems:
* Baroness fight sucks, there will be some element of luck involved no-matter what

* there is a banshee right outside of the zigg for the baroness that patrols between the zigg ramp and a 3 pull. You have to be careful to avoid it and another pull of casters when going in and out of this zigg. We've had extra pulls and/or deaths multiple times due to avoiding this 1 mob and we've decided it's fastest to kill this extra mob than worry about it's path twice (once going in and once going out of the zigg)

* right before the trap there is a group of several casters and a wandering spider on the far side of the spider boss zigg. Several times we have not been careful enough about the wandering spider and aggroed this large group when we didn't want to.

One suggestion I saw recently that I think would be a good thing to try is for us to slightly switch up 4 & 5. For clearing the spider zigg, we use everyone EXCEPT the mage, because the mage can solo-clear the trap while everyone else clears the zigg. This can help avoid aggro-ing the group there because we aren't so concerned about all getting into the trap at the same time. Everyone can do thier normal timing because we aren't trying to all go together.

This is another interesting comment I saw:
Quote:All of us had at least 1 holy water saved for the black guards. When the doors opened for them to pop out, all 5 of us used the water and the warrior used challenging shout. Our mage then AoE'd and the druid used hurricane. That combined with thorns & ret aura, the guards died in about 7 seconds with no deaths.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Well, I will be out of town for the next week, however, I will also be further west, which will put me only one hour ahead of Conc in time zones, and my plan is to see if I can get some playing in on my dad's computer. I won't have my fun mods, but dont' really need them for 45 minute runs. I'm reluctant to assume I can be available on Sunday night, but it's likely I can be, as long as it is at night. I would guess I can be online around 9 pm server time...shortly thereafter, possibly 10, but don't wait on me. If I can get on, and have time to play, I would love to try the 45 minute baron runs again, if a slot is open in a group.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Concillian,May 18 2006, 02:31 PM Wrote:I am available either Monday night (22nd)
OR
Sunday late afternoon / evening / night AND Tuesday night (21st and 23rd)

Please respond if there is interest at any of these times, I will try to setup groups for these times.

I could do Monday night late (after AQ20), say midnight server time. Or I could skip AQ20 if this is the best time for others and do it anytime Monday evening.

Tuesday night works well for me. Sunday I could do probably starting at about 8:00.

So I guess I can accomodate any of these, depends on other folks.

Incidentally I did an attempt with Black Assassins. Didn't learn anything new from it other than confirmation that shamans are dang useful for bringing back casters. They would have the shaman pull all the single zippy pats while we were finishing off the other. We didn't have a mage -- that complicated the Baron fight more than anything (ziggurat clearing was also slower). Oh I guess I learned that with a backup healer holy nova does a good job on Baron skellies.

They followed an identical route except we ended up going on the left side of the fountain due to accidental pulls on that side (neither Eye was killed before summon either).

It comes down to two things:

1. Not pulling stuff you don't need to kill. Accidental pulls of mobs before you're ready are ok as long as you are going to kill them anyway.

2. DPS. I think a hunter is nearly perfect -- pet tank for instant focus fire on first target, and high sustainable DPS.
Marn should be available for any of those runs though I may very well be in the Keepers AQ run on Monday, Treesh is on the regular list and Morde seems to try to get me in on any runs that she makes. I do need to do the quest too, though I still don't have the boots which are part of the upgrade, but you don't need the items right then as I understand it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,May 18 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:I do need to do the quest too, though I still don't have the boots which are part of the upgrade, but you don't need the items right then as I understand it.
[right][snapback]110276[/snapback][/right]

There are still several steps following the 45 minute baron run before the 3 pieces get upgraded.

- You need a bunch of junk like in the gloves / belt upgrade line (3 bars of dark iron, 20 enchanted leather, 3 mooncloth, 4 cured rugged hide I think)

- You need to do some questing in DM

- There is a special BRD summon event in the Ring of Law.

Not until all of those steps are completed do you need to have the boots, shoulders and pants in hand to progress.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Xarhud could likely be available any of those times if I knew in advance that you wanted my help. Finding me online earlier than about 9:30 server time on any night is unlikely unless planned in advance.

Sadly, I still don't have gloves, so I'm not up to that step in the quest line. :(
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote:All of us had at least 1 holy water saved for the black guards. When the doors opened for them to pop out, all 5 of us used the water and the warrior used challenging shout. Our mage then AoE'd and the druid used hurricane. That combined with thorns & ret aura, the guards died in about 7 seconds with no deaths.

Substitute fire shield for ret aura if we have a warlock and this might shave off some precious time. I have 9 holy water I've been carrying around.
vor_lord,May 18 2006, 03:24 PM Wrote:Substitute fire shield for ret aura if we have a warlock and this might shave off some precious time.&nbsp; I have 9 holy water I've been carrying around.
[right][snapback]110282[/snapback][/right]

1) Fire shield does not stack with thorns, but I don't think the double dose of thorn-like damage is necessary
You get a "more powerful effect" message depending on which is most powerful
2) Warlock has been sac-ing succy for 15% more shadow damage vs. using a pet.
Concillian,May 18 2006, 03:31 PM Wrote:I am available either Monday night (22nd)
OR
Sunday late afternoon / evening / night AND Tuesday night (21st and 23rd) (avoids conflicts with Keepers)

Please respond if there is interest at any of these times, I will try to setup groups for these times.&nbsp;

[right][snapback]110270[/snapback][/right]
I had already signed up for the KotD AQ20 Monday run. Sunday or Tuesday (or both ;) ) works for me if we start after 7:30 server time.
Intolerant monkey.
I can make sunday a6pm on, and tuesday 6pm on also.

I've been collecting Holy water and have about 13, also have Defense, HP regen, Str, Agl & stoneshield pots in my bank for a concerted run.

Mistique
mistique,May 18 2006, 09:16 PM Wrote:I can make sunday a6pm on, and tuesday 6pm on also.

I've been collecting Holy water and have about 13, also have Defense, HP regen, Str, Agl & stoneshield pots in my bank for a concerted run.

Mistique
[right][snapback]110291[/snapback][/right]

I've got a couple of holy water on Marn as well. Might only be 2, but better than nothing.
---

Best night for me is Tuesday. Mon,Wed,Fri are raids (could do it after the raid) and weekends I don't play.

BTW. I'm looking forward to making the 45min time. We've been so close with a mistake every time. One clean run is all it would take.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
If you need DPS, Rogoll can help on Sunday or Monday night. Please specify the times.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Here is what we have at this point I've left off Fazuul because of the uncertainty.

Sunday:
------------------
Me
GG
Vor
Treesh (after 7:30 server)
Mistique
Alram (early side)
Klaus (after 9:30 server) no NEED but will help if he is needed.
Urza

This leaves 5 early, 7 after 7:30 server and Alram would probably need to leave around the time Klaus could make it, or potentially earlier. I'll have to make sure I can make early, but I might be about 7:30 server too.

This means we might have to rotate some, or probably do a couple with Alram and Urza on the earlier side, then rotate in the sitter on the later side. Since Alram and Urza don't have a lot of time for grouping, It would be very good to accomodate them Sunday.

Early (6-6:30 start) would be:
Urza
Concillian (Priest)
Mistique
Alram
GG

This is a strong group I think. excellent low reliance on mana DPS with GG and Alram, 1 mage is enough DPS. Vor being the only healer is okay if he can keep from spending too much of his mana on DPS. Our previous attempts have been 2 serious DPS and 2 semi-serious, so 3 serious DPS and 1 very light DPS should be as capable or MORE capable than the Fazuul / Octord / Yuri / Necrali / Conc runs. No backup healer or poison cleansing for the aboms, but aspect of the wild might help.

In that group, Necrali has the most experience with how we've been doing 45 minute runs, but GG is an incredible puller in there, having been tank + puller for most of my runs, I can say that having a hunter as puller in there is a good thing and that should also contribute to success, I would have GG "run the run" if he was willing. Otherwise Necrali makes sense.

Later (8:30 start to give them 2-3 attempts, hopefully they make it):
Conc
Vor
Mistique
GG
Treesh

Another strong group with poison cleansing totem for the Aboms. Backup healer means Necrali is more free to do DPS, so overall DPS should be similar to the first group. The only issue here is that GG and Treesh are split some, but this should at the very least accomodate those who can't normally make weeknight times.

Monday
-------------------
Out because of AQ, 3-4 of us could go after AQ, but that would be rough, I can't schedule that along with the other nights, and I think we can cover everyone on the other nights.

Tuesday:
-------------------
Me (after 8pm server)
Vor
GG
Treesh (after 7:30)
Yuri
Mist
Klaus (after 9:30)

Assuming we are successful on Sunday then this would be one to get Yuri his quest completion, and the best group for that would probably be:
Conc
Necrali
Marn
Mogo
Yuri

This means Klaus looks to be not NEEDED on either night. I wish the gloves were in an easier place or cheaper on the AH so we could get him a completion though.

Also I'd be terribly surprised if we don't get Marn the boots here too.
Alram,May 19 2006, 07:08 AM Wrote:If you need DPS, Rogoll can help on Sunday or Monday night. Please specify the times.
[right][snapback]110313[/snapback][/right]

I was trying to get an idea when others would be available because my time on Sunday is more flexible.

Weeknights I'm pretty much always 8pm at the earliest.
Concillian,May 19 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:Also I'd be terribly surprised if we don't get Marn the boots here too.
[right][snapback]110328[/snapback][/right]

You haven't been around for the runs we've done just to the spider to try and get them. :) We did 8 spider runs in one night, 4 another night, 2 another night, a baroness and the spider another night. That is 17 runs that were done pretty much just trying to get me the boots. :) I'm sure Marn is easily over 25 kills of the spider and I don't think I've even seen the boots drop. They may have dropped on a run Swirly was on and he got them but I don't think so.

I'd be surprised if they did drop. :)
---
Jan can do anything on saturday/sunday nights, and has to hit the 45 baron run if I ever do plan to progress through the rest of the upgrades
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Gnollguy,May 19 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:I'd be surprised if they did drop.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]110331[/snapback][/right]

Hey Conc is good luck for others. After a zillion scholo runs Mist and I have been on, he came back and boom we finally both get pieces.
Urza-DSF,May 19 2006, 10: Wrote:Jan can do anything on saturday/sunday nights, and has to hit the 45 baron run if I ever do plan to progress through the rest of the upgrades
[right][snapback]110332[/snapback][/right]

I added you and changed the groups a bit to accomodate. Things are starting to fit in nicely.
Concillian,May 19 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:I added you and changed the groups a bit to accomodate.&nbsp; Things are starting to fit in nicely.
[right][snapback]110344[/snapback][/right]

I am not sure I can make early on Sunday, my post says 8:00. I might be there that early, we'll have to see.

I know that makes things rough for the first one, as Mogo solo healing this is a real tall order for the Baron fight himself. It'd really suck to make it in time, engage the Baron, and wipe.