Star Wars, by any other name
I was bored the other day and decided to Wiki Star Wars to see what would pop up when to my surprise I spy a link for the Star Wars TV series due in syndication by 2008. Needless to say, I was smiling with glee while reading the article. I popped over to the official Star Wars web site to have my findings confirmed at true. The actor that played the Boba Fett child in Episode 2 is going to be a main character in the series. The series takes place between episodes 3 and 4 and from speculation on my part will follow many Jedi, such as Qualin Vox, as they are hunted down. I seriously cannot wait for this show /drool . And they claim if this show is successful (I cannot conceive of it failing unless its truly terrible), then the producers will make a series during the Knights of the Old Republic time period. I can't wait, but I don't really have a choice either.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I think it really depends on who is doing the writing and how much Lucas is going to stick his nose into matters (Lucas gradually phases himself out from Episode 1 to 3 and the movies gradually get better, surprise!). Obviously it has the potential to be really, really cool... but I have a considerable lack of faith in much of the Expanded Universe content (ex: pretty much anything to do with the Yuuzhan Vong, Darth Maul resurrected, etc.) so I don't know.

I'm curious if they would really try to stretch out the hunt of the surviving Jedi into an entire television series since there weren't *that* many left. Are like 2-3 going to die per season?:o
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Quote:I was bored the other day and decided to Wiki Star Wars to see what would pop up when to my surprise I spy a link for the Star Wars TV series due in syndication by 2008. Needless to say, I was smiling with glee while reading the article. I popped over to the official Star Wars web site to have my findings confirmed at true. The actor that played the Boba Fett child in Episode 2 is going to be a main character in the series. The series takes place between episodes 3 and 4 and from speculation on my part will follow many Jedi, such as Qualin Vox, as they are hunted down. I seriously cannot wait for this show /drool . And they claim if this show is successful (I cannot conceive of it failing unless its truly terrible), then the producers will make a series during the Knights of the Old Republic time period. I can't wait, but I don't really have a choice either.

I'm going to keep a healthy bit of skepticism about this one. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly exciting news. But sometimes I'm amazed at how badly they can butcher a franchise.

*Thinks about Star Trek: The Next Generation and then the abominations that followed, culminating in the newest complete flop*

Granted, this is Star Wars and not Star Trek, and it will take a whole lot of effort to sink anything involving light sabres. But you never know, George Lucas did think Episode One was a good idea :whistling:

Cheers,

Munk
I would find it painfully ironic if it becomes the story of Boba Fett: bounty hunter and cap'n of dubious morality but endearing charisma trying to ply his way beneath the eyes of a new order in an old ship held together by a motely crew that consists of a sunny, likeable mechanic (droid); a hilariously ruthless tough guy; and a trusted lieutenant whose history with Fett goes far back.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:I would find it painfully ironic if it becomes the story of Boba Fett: bounty hunter and cap'n of dubious morality but endearing charisma trying to ply his way beneath the eyes of a new order in an old ship held together by a motely crew that consists of a sunny, likeable mechanic (droid); a hilariously ruthless tough guy; and a trusted lieutenant whose history with Fett goes far back.

Don't forget the token racial cast. A crude sexist Hispanic and a black guy trying to come to terms with the universe.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I think Penny Arcade sums up the potential of the new Star Wars TV series fairly well. :lol:
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)