Wheeee
So, Blizzard updated their Under Development page with some 1.11 tidbits. Mostly what we already know. But one thing definately deserves its own post:

Quote: After a disconnect from the server, it will be possible to log back in immediately, instead of receiving the message, "A character with that name already exists."!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,May 19 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:So, Blizzard updated their Under Development page with some 1.11 tidbits.  Mostly what we already know.  But one thing definately deserves its own post:
[right][snapback]110355[/snapback][/right]

Two things!

Quote:#  New available flight path destinations have been added: Ratchet
# Marshall's Refuge, Un'Goro Crater.

I know, I know, it doesn't really make sense that they should be lost AND have a flight point. But really, that run down tanaris and up the crater was just annoying. :)

And I guess we don't really _need_ a 3rd flight point in the barrens, but it'll come in handy as a stopping off/multistage-flight point...
You don't know what you're talking about.
This deserves a big thanks... Nothing like having to stop a raid for 10 minutes because one person DC'd and can't get back in.
Berkman - Fury Warrior of Alleria
Nice one , may even get back in time to prevent a death :P
Take care
lfd,May 19 2006, 06:39 PM Wrote:And I guess we don't really _need_ a 3rd flight point in the barrens, but it'll come in handy as a stopping off/multistage-flight point...
[right][snapback]110361[/snapback][/right]

For alliance players that will be a first flight path in the barrens. It will also greatly improve the travel times that alliance players need to go through with traveling to or from Booty Bay to locations in Kalimador.
Ruvanal,May 19 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:For alliance players that will be a first flight path in the barrens.  It will also greatly improve the travel times that alliance players need to go through with traveling to or from Booty Bay to locations in Kalimador.
[right][snapback]110369[/snapback][/right]

Oh yes, it's great for alliance - which is why I always boggled at the objections I used to hear from them that it'd mean 3 for the horde.

The Barrens is an odd zone. It's enormous, it covers a huge level range, and yet it's primarily intended to be a Horde zone, despite being contested. That the alliance (and some classes, particularly) have a couple of quests there, as well as it also having a neutral goblin town - the only one that was without a flight point - makes it unique.
lfd,May 20 2006, 04:43 AM Wrote:intended to be a Horde zone, despite being contested. 
[right][snapback]110390[/snapback][/right]

Its a horde zone, not contested. It means horde characters can get into their mid 20's without getting ganked - sorta. There's only a few quests after 22 or so, so your choices are take your chances in PvP areas (STM, Ashenvale or /snort Hillsbrad) or just grind away a bit. The trade off is the alliance have 2 1/2 zones that go all the way to 30, with almost no horde traffic.
lfd,May 20 2006, 12:43 PM Wrote:Oh yes, it's great for alliance - which is why I always boggled at the objections I used to hear from them that it'd mean 3 for the horde.

The Barrens is an odd zone.  It's enormous, it covers a huge level range, and yet it's primarily intended to be a Horde zone, despite being contested.  That the alliance (and some classes, particularly) have a couple of quests there, as well as it also having a neutral goblin town - the only one that was without a flight point - makes it unique.
[right][snapback]110390[/snapback][/right]

Even though the constant raids on the Crossroads and other lowbie camps in the Barrens make it seem contested, it is NOT a contested zone, in fact it's a Horde zone.

Yes, there are like some quests you can do in Barrens as Alliance. You can get some quests from Goblins in the Ratchet at low levels, but traveling there would require passing through lands much higher level then the quester - it makes no more sense to put a flight path because of those quests then it does to put one in Westfall for the few quests that the Horde can do there.

And no, don't bring Razorfen Downs/Crawl into this, because any sane person attempting to do those qould travel to the Thousand Needles or at least Theramor. Class quests fall under the same category as well - there are quests for Warriors that require traveling to Wetlands, yet I don't see a flightpath anywhere there.

Anyway, if the node will see some heavy use, I guess that's not a bad idea, although it seems to me that not many Alliance will even try to take that route to get around. I guess it's just really weird to see an Alliance flightpath in Horde Territory.
Ruvanal,May 19 2006, 07:21 PM Wrote:For alliance players that will be a first flight path in the barrens.  It will also greatly improve the travel times that alliance players need to go through with traveling to or from Booty Bay to locations in Kalimador.
[right][snapback]110369[/snapback][/right]

Frankly Alliance shouldn't be allowed use of it. It's a Horde zone; if Allies want a flightpath in a Horde zone that's about five minutes out of The Crossroads, Horde should get flightpaths that are five minutes away from Menethil Harbor and Darkshire.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
oldmandennis,May 20 2006, 04:56 PM Wrote:Its a horde zone, not contested.
[right][snapback]110399[/snapback][/right]

Hmm. I could've sworn on the pvp test realms I'd stepped out into the barrens and been flagged automatically. And, in fact, seen 'Contested Territory'. I must have misremembered. It's even dumber, in that case.

lemekim Wrote:Yes, there are like some quests you can do in Barrens as Alliance

What I was thinking of were the class quests for the warlock, which involve a trek to an NPC near Camp Taurajo for the Alliance. Fun fun fun.

Given the lack of horde quests of any kind in the in-theory-contested zones of Wetlands and Redridge mountains, I demand a horde flight point just to split up our death run from Hammerfall to Kargath. Oh, and to make it take less time to get to Axtroz and Grim Batol when it opens. And because the alliance have one in our zone, the swines!