New Lurker Looking for a New Home
After 18 months of successful raiding, the guild I've been with since closed beta exploded in a fiery burst of drama. A majority of the guild reformed under a new name, but I've chosen not to join them due to said drama. While I'm saddened by the loss of my home, I'm also eager to find a new one. I've followed these boards since the early days of Diablo II, but I never made myself part of the community until a few weeks ago. I've always been impressed with the quality of the lurker community and commrodery that exists here. As such, I've decided to try to find a new home amongst the Lurkers. My ideal dream would be to find a Horde raiding group and transfer my level 60 warlock and level 60 shaman when server transfers are available, but right now I'm content just finding a new guild to call home.

I guess now would be an appropriate time to share a little information about myself. Like many of you here, I'm an avid fan of Blizzard's games. I've been enthralled by World of Warcraft since early beta, and I've about two years playing it. I enjoy pushing the limits of the game and working with a well ordered team to overcome anything Blizzard's designers throw at us. My guild was working on defeating C'thun when things fell apart, and I'm eager to return to that point. I'm fiercely loyal to my friends and my guild, and I always strive to better the game for everyone involved. I was an officer in my former guild for over a year, but I stepped down a few months ago to handle family matters that required my attention.

Well, now you know who I am. I hope that my search for a new home is well received and that I'll soon be joining the ranks of one of the many Lurker communities scattered about Azeroth.

Thank You,

- Threnody

Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
Welcome to the forums. I certainly don't envy your situation. The strongest Lurker presence is on Stormrage, alliance side. I also think they have a fairly new horde group, but I don't believe it's terribly big. Some Stormragers will have more information about that than I do. I am a part of the fairly small but very tight Horde Lurkers on Terenas. The Terenas hordies field about 10-13 level 60's for our weekly Friday runs. Several of us are working with another guild in ZG and AQ20 on a regular basis, and this coming Friday will make our first organized venture into MC as a guild, along with the aforementioned guild, so we're pretty excited about the new stuff we're getting into. We'd love to have you take a look, as we're small enough still that nearly any class rolled will be useful to us. At the same time, we've never openly recruited, so we've learned to be a very tight, effective unit. We traditionally take on instances under-levelled to provide more of a challenge. While I'm naturally biased, I would hold the Terenas Horde players skill up against anyone. :P We're pretty effective. Stop by and say hi sometime! :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Welcome, Threnody. I'm so sorry that you had to come to us in flames, but we'll try to help you put them out and put them right. What a drag for you.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
*points to Voiceman's post*

Regardless of if you choose Stormrage or Terenas, join the chat channel "lurkers" for invites. Fazuul covered most of the other stuff. The horde guild on Stormrage is quite, quite tiny and more for PvPing against alliance folk they know or just messing around with horde a bit where they can twink over some gold through the neutral auction houses.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,May 13 2006, 06:31 AM Wrote:*points to Voiceman's post*

Regardless of if you choose Stormrage or Terenas, join the chat channel "lurkers" for invites.&nbsp; Fazuul covered most of the other stuff.&nbsp; The horde guild on Stormrage is quite, quite tiny and more for PvPing against alliance folk they know or just messing around with horde a bit where they can twink over some gold through the neutral auction houses.
[right][snapback]109786[/snapback][/right]
Also, a "/who Lurkers" is a good way to figure out who is around and they can throw you an invite or point you to someone who can. :)
-TheDragoon