Blizzard to Reveal the Alliance Race Tomorrow!
Blizzard will release a video showing the new Alliance race tomorrow!

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft...n/705785p1.html
MongoJerry,May 9 2006, 12:03 AM Wrote:Blizzard will release a video showing the new Alliance race tomorrow!

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft...n/705785p1.html
[right][snapback]109301[/snapback][/right]

Rumour here (from those "in the know") is that it will be Eredar, FWIW.

Too bad that all this speculation will end in one more day! :)

Kv
Some stuff that will be revealed likely today, maybe tomorrow include:

1) Models of the tier 3 sets. My take: Warrior and priest sets look awesome. Mage looks nice generally, but the shoulders... I don't know. The druid one didn't look good on the Tauren model. We'll see.

2) A bunch of new crafting recipes will be added.

3) Pictures of the legendary items that will be added will be revealed.

For specifics, check out the E3 coverage.
I hope there is cool stuff at E3 to get me over my dissappointment over the shaman talents.
Alot of 1.11 info was released on the WoW China site, but I can't confirm if it's still up there (office firewalls for the lose). Pictures of the druid, mage, priest, and warrior sets were shown. Furthermore, pictures of the supposed legendary items found in Naxxramas were posted (Staff of Medihv and Ashbringer). They also had screenshots of several ziggurat structures floating in the air above all of the major cities, which we can presume will be part of the scourge invasion heralding the opening of Naxxramas.

12 new craftable frost resist items were also shown, but I'll refrain from posting the stats unless MongoJerry is okay with it. =)
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
KiloVictor,May 8 2006, 11:01 PM Wrote:Rumour here (from those "in the know") is that it will be Eredar, FWIW.

Too bad that all this speculation will end in one more day! :)

Kv
[right][snapback]109303[/snapback][/right]
The description fits them exactly for those who never played WC3. I'd like to hold out hope for something else though, they never really impressed me as something I'd want to play and I'd definantly be a horde player forever after this. :P

But here is a good question: Where would their starting area be? Could the world sprout a new island? :lol:
Threnody,May 9 2006, 04:28 AM Wrote:12 new craftable frost resist items were also shown, but I'll refrain from posting the stats unless MongoJerry is okay with it. =)
[right][snapback]109318[/snapback][/right]

It's fine with me. Post away!
supposedly from the show floor:

http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eredar19ad.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eredar22ae.jpg

maybe Draenei and Eredar have a common, uncorrupted ancestor?

Once one can finally get back to www.worldofwarcraft.com, we may have an answer!
Monkey,May 9 2006, 10:07 AM Wrote:maybe Draenei and Eredar have a common, uncorrupted ancestor?
[right][snapback]109367[/snapback][/right]

Or maybe Blizzard managed to fake out a whole lot of people for a long time. Kudos to them if they did.
MongoJerry,May 9 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:Or maybe Blizzard managed to fake out a whole lot of people for a long time.  Kudos to them if they did.
[right][snapback]109370[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, that would be sweet. :)
Monkey,May 9 2006, 01:07 PM Wrote:supposedly from the show floor:

http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eredar19ad.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eredar22ae.jpg

maybe Draenei and Eredar have a common, uncorrupted ancestor?

Once one can finally get back to www.worldofwarcraft.com, we may have an answer!
[right][snapback]109367[/snapback][/right]

Quote: Blizzard's April Fools joke wasnt a total joke.

I've seen the grabs of the E3 video, and the starting area clearly looks like Mt. Hyjal.

My theory: After the wisps all owned Archimonde, they absorbed part of his power/energy/form/whatever. This overwhelming power transformed the wisps, giving them mortal form again in the shape of an Eredar. However, since they have the souls of elves, they arent evil and are accepted into the Alliance on this fact.

This idea fits right in with the Blizzcon statement where Metzen said "At first you will go "HUH?" then go "Oh, that makes sense".

If they go with this explanation, it wont be as big a boggle as just saying "rofl eredar r alliance!"

Someone's idea of an explanation. Wouldn't surprise me. :P But at this stage in the game, who the heck knows.
I'm surprised we haven't heard the big announcement, yet. Still waiting...
MongoJerry,May 9 2006, 03:43 PM Wrote:I'm surprised we haven't heard the big announcement, yet.  Still waiting...
[right][snapback]109386[/snapback][/right]
I thought the announcement was due on Wednesday when the floor opened?
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,May 9 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:I thought the announcement was due on Wednesday when the floor opened?
[right][snapback]109388[/snapback][/right]

I thought it would be today, but maybe Today's big announcement was the movie, and they're saving the other for tomorrow. Blizzard's most substantial comment was from Eyonix earlier today:

Quote:Do the little elf-helpers call up, or begin writing the children of the world to tell them what presents Santa comes bringing them the day before Christmas? Yeah, I realize I just called everyone children, but in my defense, I just called myself a little helpful elf -- so as far as I'm concerned, we're totally even.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...l&T=8219642&P=5

Man, why can't I get away with calling my customers 'children' by referring to myself as a 'helpful elf,'?
Inadvertent leak about the playable classes. Looks like:

Priest
http://img422.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...063992591yr.jpg

and...Paladin?
http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...062531519sa.jpg

and my apologies to anyone getting tired of my obsessive updates. I guess I'm just a tad...excited :w00t:
Monkey,May 9 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:I guess I'm just a tad...excited  :w00t:
[right][snapback]109417[/snapback][/right]
I'm having to refrain from feeling any excitement over a new alliance race. I would have to jump servers to create a new toon. :( (Come on Bliz, give us more toon slots!)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
First one to use the name Zeratul gets shot.

Once you get this 'Protoss' thing stuck in your head, you'll never look at pics like this the same way again.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
LochnarITB,May 10 2006, 10:32 AM Wrote:I'm having to refrain from feeling any excitement over a new alliance race.&nbsp; I would have to jump servers to create a new toon.&nbsp; :( (Come on Bliz, give us more toon slots!)
[right][snapback]109423[/snapback][/right]
I was pretty hohum about the whole thing, but then I saw Monkey's pics! Anything with a tail must be played. Extensively!

A "cool" alliance race (as opposed to the current "cute" ones) would be nice. I'd actually feel inclined to play alliance a little more frequently.

Anyways, can't wait to see what's coming. GogoE3!
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Monkey,May 9 2006, 11:16 PM Wrote:and my apologies to anyone getting tired of my obsessive updates.
[right][snapback]109417[/snapback][/right]

Ah, I appreciate it. And it encourages me to post every little detail I find.
Another update from wowguru.com

The new Alliance Race is: *drumroll* Eredar (Or rather demonic body, wisp mind.)
Quote:Lore:
"As the thunderous steps of Archimonde's army approached the summit of Mount Hyjal, all hope seemed lost. The camps of Jaina Proudmoore and the Warchief Thrall were overrun, and the forces of Archdruid Malfurian Stormrage were fighting for their life.

Then, the moment feared by all those fighting for the fate of Azeroth arrived. The Night Elf army was overrun, and the great Eredar warlock, destroyer of countless worlds, arrogantly marched to the World Tree. With flames surging in his eyes, he grasped the trunk with one vile claw... and the entire summit was shattered in a burst of brilliant, white light.

When the radiance faded, nothing remained of Archimonde but a charred skeleton, resting in the branches of the fatally-damaged Nordrassil. Malfurion, Jaina, and Thrall emerged from hiding; it was all an elaborate trap designed by Malfurion to take advantage of the demon's arrogance. In his lust for the World Tree's power, he did not notice the gathering flock of wisps take their positions around him and detonate themselves in a torrent of nature's fury.

With their commander gone, the remainder of the Burning Legion's army was cast into disarray. Malfurion and his companions escaped from the summit of Mount Hyjal, and the remaining Night Elves silently reflected upon the sacrifices of their Wisp companions.

Yet, the spirits of the Wisps lived on. Floating invisibly throughout Mount Hyjal and nearby Felwood, they began to slowly intertwine with the demons that had taken up residence there. Almost imperceptively their presence began to twist the forms and minds of the local Satyrs and other foul, demonic creatures.

Now, a handful of these creatures have been transformed in mind and body; they have the thoughts of the Night Elf spirits coarsing through their veins, yet their bodies mutated to take the form of the last creature the Wisps had made contact with -- the Eredar warlock, Archimonde.

Ashamed of their foul appearance, these creatures took into hiding beneath the roots of the shattered World Tree, Nordrassil. Despite their attempts to hide themselves from the outside world, they found themselves under constant seige from the demons who came to view them as abominations.

Now, with their very existance threatened, these Eredar -- demon in form, Night Elf in mind -- have made an impassioned plea to join the Alliance."

Racial:
Passive: +1% Hit Aura (Scales with Level)

Hmm, I haven't played a melee class, but from I gathered +to hit is a nifty bonus, so that racial seems strong to me.

And stats of the Staff of the Guardian (Medivh's Staff)
There are 4 versions of the stave, the mage one is the version Mongo posted a few weeks ago.

All staves share these stats:
Atiash, The Legendary Staff of the Guardian
Two Hand Staff
130-244 Damage
(64.4 damage per second)
+31 Stamina
+32 Intellect
+24 Spirit
Durability 145 / 145
Requires Level 60
Use: Creates a portal. Teleporting group members that use it to Karazhan.

Mages and Warlocks get:
Equip: Improves your chance to hit with spells by 2%.
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 150

Druids and Priests get:
Equip: Restores 11 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 260

And every class gets a different aura:
Druid: 11 mana per 5 sec. aura.
Mage: +2% spell crit aura.
Priest: +60 healing aura.
Warlock: +60 spell damage aura.

So pretty clear, ain't it? Druids get first dibs! :D
I just want to toss out one last block of speculation, my stab at the backstory for these guys. I'll include some carriage returns in case you'd rather not know.

Quote:What we're seeing are (for lack of a better term) the "Children" of Archimonde and the World Tree. Parts of Archimonde and the Nordrassil are still on Hyjal, after all. The tree which made the Night Elves immortal and grew from a remnent of the Well of Eternity has given these new beings their intelligence and existence but these New Eredar pay a high price; they forever feel the pain of that cataclysmic event and in spite of despising demonic energy, they feel a constant pull on their soul.

Just like some alcoholics know they can never a drink...the NewEredar sought out the Silver Hand to teach them disciplines of the Light, hoping it would help control their thirst for evil.&nbsp; Oh, and they're headed to Outland because they understand better than anyone else the danger the Legion poses.

This story is leafy, makes post-WHOA sense and gives them reason to hate the Blood Elves and Forsaken. As well as a reason to go to Outland.

Edit: Teske beat me with the WoWguru quote! I like mine better :P