Holy crap, Kiefer Sutherland's full name is...
...Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiefer_Sutherland
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000662/bio

And he's Canadian... and that actually *is* is voice in those stupid Verizon and Mac commercials.

My life is a LIE.

*weep*
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
GenericKen,May 7 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:...Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiefer_Sutherland
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000662/bio
And he's Canadian... and that actually *is* is voice in those stupid Verizon and Mac commercials.

My life is a LIE.

*weep*
[right][snapback]109206[/snapback][/right]
He is also a voice in "The Wild." Put the razor down!

On the bright side, he's good in The Lost Boys, one of those little gems one stumbles across now and again.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
GenericKen,May 8 2006, 12:19 AM Wrote:...Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland.

What is this heresy? His real name is Jack Bauer.

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,May 8 2006, 09:22 AM Wrote:What is this heresy?  His real name is Jack Bauer.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]109221[/snapback][/right]

Actually, it's Jack F@#%ing Bauer.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
I never understood why it *always* takes 24 hours for Jack Bauer to resolve an issue. You would think at least once it would take 36 or maybe 15 hours... or however long.

I never really watched 24 though - I think I saw half an episode once and it just did not click with me.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,May 9 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:I never understood why it *always* takes 24 hours for Jack Bauer to resolve an issue. You would think at least once it would take 36 or maybe 15 hours... or however long.

I think it is somehow related to how Bill Cosby always took 46minutes* to resolve an issue every episode :whistling:

*when you delete the commerical time

Cheers,

Munk
Mithrandir,May 9 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:I never understood why it *always* takes 24 hours for Jack Bauer to resolve an issue. You would think at least once it would take 36 or maybe 15 hours... or however long.

I never really watched 24 though - I think I saw half an episode once and it just did not click with me.
[right][snapback]109413[/snapback][/right]

There is no possible way you could ever click with 24 by just seeing half an episode. especially if it's not the first half of the first episode of the season. I've found that the "REAL" way to watch 24 is on dvd. 8 episodes a day for 3 days.

Munkay,May 9 2006, 06:32 PM Wrote:I think it is somehow related to how Bill Cosby always took 46minutes* to resolve an issue every episode  :whistling:

*when you delete the commerical time

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]109422[/snapback][/right]

Well that's not true. The Cosby Show had time elapses, multiple storylines proceeding simultaneously that were shown separately, etc. and thus the 46 minutes may have been filled with an hour to a day of the Cosby's life. Conversely, on 24 every problem is resolved in exactly 24 hours, jes? Ridiculous! :)

Quote:There is no possible way you could ever click with 24 by just seeing half an episode.

Even with Babylon 5, which had a *very* complicated story arch, you could sit down on watch a single episode in isolation, ignorant of the overall and be entertained. You cannot do this with 24. Or at least I can't.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
The best advice I can give Mithy, which was given to me by a very wise woman, is to "shut up and just stop asking questions". :blush:

:D

Cheers,

Munk
The difference between Babylon 5 and 24 5 (in addition to those shiny Whitestars) is that Babylon 5 has several layers of story arcs going simultaneously. On the primary level, they'll have the overall story of the entire series. On the next level will be slightly smaller story arcs that span several seasons (like the Shadow War thing). Then comes an arc that spans several episodes (such as the Byron-thing). Finally are the episode-arcs that are resolved by the end of those 45 minutes.

24 lacks the final level of story arcing, which is why it's difficult to sit down and enjoy one episode, as they're not as self-contained as Babylon5-episodes were.

This forum post was brought to you by the Angla-Shok Memorial Fund®. We hope you've enjoyed this broadcast.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw