Terenas -- Molten Core?
So I just got the following email from Mordekhuul, GM of Keepers of the Dusk with whom many of us have raided AQ20 or ZG with (in fact last night we had 6 lurkers in on the same raid).

Mordekhuul Wrote:Hi Lurkers,

I think its just about time to start looking at putting a 40-man run in place, and we are considering Fridays as a regular Molten Core night, with Onyxia thrown in here and there I'm sure (once everyone is keyed).

I picked Friday because my understanding is that a good number of lurkers are available on Fridays, and I believe it is a better day for many keepers as well.

I am just now feeling out my members on Friday runs, so nothing is final, but I'd like your feedback ASAP for planning purposes.

The plan is to drop the Saturday raid night, and instead run a 40-man on Fridays in much the same style as our ZG and AQ20 runs.

Suicide Kings for looting.  The only open question is how to handle the dark iron ore, cores, and other items critical to gearing up our MT.  In an ideal world (all-guild run) these would be banked and allocated to the MT first, then to other tanks and eventually rogues, etc.  With a multi-guild raid the best we may be able to fairly do is have everyone /roll for them at the end of the raid and hope we win enough to quickly gear up the MT, etc.  Your thoughts are welcome!

I have a few other groups I am going to feel out as well, such as Dusturm and his guild, the other ZG regulars from Dreadnaughts and other guilds, etc.

My hope is to have a core group of dedicated regulars that work hard to make every run.  We will need this even more than in ZG to progress.

Give me feedback on Friday as a date choice first, and when possible give me a list of Lurkers that would like to commit to making Fridays regularly, their classes, and their specs or willingness to re-spec for MC.  (No respect will be required of course, but I can see myself respecing for it now that pvp is done).

Mordekhuul

I, for one, welcome our new.... just kidding.

At any rate I am totally up for committing to this. Fridays continue to be my best day by far (current two months excepted as nearly any day is a good day for me right now). I like Suicide Kings in general a lot. As far as MC mats, it will take some discussion.

I think if we can get some people to strongly commit to these (thinking MT warrior primarily) I wouldn't mind reserving certain classes of those drops for the good of the raid. I'd like to see this person be either a Lurker or a Keeper so the likelihood of bolting would be lessened. The Dursturm he mentioned I don't know much about but it looks like he is leader of a 5 person guild that 5 mans everything together. I do know he is a warrior who is very well geared in terms of blues (much like Conc). Trickiest part is the MC mats like he said.

Initial concerns:

I assume they would want to have a start time of 6:30 as that is their normal start time. This is not convenient for some of us (Conc in particular). It would help accomodate Alram which is good. Nothing would make me feel better about this than Conc being able to come and be one of the main tanks.

edit: And Mistique with the time change in April that pushes him back to about 9 iirc.

Fridays I know are not convenient for Jandrey :( I do think that as we become successful that spillover into Saturday is likely to occur but I do not know about that.
As he's asking for feedback ASAP (I think he wants to keep the Blood of Virtue MC invitations from stealing his folk), please post your thoughts and discuss.
I am perfectly willing to help, but I'm not going to build a tank for it. I tank in MC enough already :P But, yeah, I'd be happy to help a group succeed and let you guys gear up. If some Earthfury or an Aurastone Hammer falls in my direction, that's a plus.
--Mav
Bleh, just as I think I'll get to see some 20-man stuff, they talk about dropping Saturdays. Ah well I guess, what is there to do?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Ore is almost never the issue, it's almost always cores that hold up crafting items, and honestly what you can make with the cores for warriors won't matter much till we are facing Baron Geddon and the Lava Packs. The whole raid will need crafted gear that takes cores for Ragnaros.

Without a DKP system giving value to cores that just go to a bank and then are purchased later by players for crafts they aren't as easy to deal with. You could try a tricky "percentage" split of the cores and ore to the guilds at the end, but that can get very very tricky and will have spill over into other runs. However using a mod like Dave to just random them all off rapid at the end isn't so bad. But when Avarice was doing this at first a lot of people just donated whatever they won to the bank anyway. But if we don't have a formal alliance a random off of the ore is fine (especially since it can be found outside MC now). Cores could be guild rolled, weighted guild rolled or straight random (or handled by the another list in the SK system everyone gets on the list and the cores just rotate through that list, they have pretty much the same value). I figure pretty much every core a lurker wins will end up in a lurker bank along with the ore, but if you do a list for everyone there, the guild with the most people will get the most cores, it handles your weighted rolls for you.

Too bad I don't have Marn back since I could skin the Corehounds with him. Don't forget the Core leather for crafting as well, though again it is rarely the ingredient you don't have enough of, the fiery and lava cores are the ones that are generally in short supply. But core leather will need to be dealt with as well.

Honestly the crafts for the warriors will likely see more value on Onyxia before they see value in Molten Core though. But dealing with the mats and getting them stored and distributed is a big issue.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,May 4 2006, 12:53 PM Wrote:Too bad I don't have Marn back since I could skin the Corehounds with him. 
[right][snapback]108962[/snapback][/right]

I'm told that Lurkers got another Finkle's on Friday, with Octord ninjaing it over the micless Mav :shuriken:
I am up for trying to run MC with them.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Yes, this is true.
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

vor_lord,May 4 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:I'm told that Lurkers got another Finkle's on Friday, with Octord ninjaing it over the micless Mav&nbsp; :shuriken:
[right][snapback]108963[/snapback][/right]

Yes, this is true.
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

khgerg,May 4 2006, 03:03 PM Wrote:Yes, this is true.
[right][snapback]108966[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, I was furiously typing, too! :D :D

Yeah, SKing the cores might be a good idea, actually. You can figure that whatever the Keepers and the Lurkers get will go in banks.

A good use for core leather might be to help get a BS to revered for the DI stuff.

And yeah, GG's right. Don't get too worried about crafted FR stuff till Geddon and flame packs.

--Mav
I got the same email from Mordekhuul, and I'm ready. The only concern I voiced in my reply to Morde would be the fact that it would be on Fridays. That's a two edged sword....good in that it's the best night for the majority of Lurkers....and yet bad from the standpoint that once in a while...we may want to do other things..such as 45 minute baron runs, etc. But I see that as a minor concern. I'm sure a schedule can be worked out regarding MC.

Speaking personally, I've been running with KotD at least twice a week, and lately 3 times a week in ZG and AQ20. I really like Morde and how he runs his raids. He's done a remarkable job at trying to be fair with loot, etc. I also think he's come to respect how Lurkers play, having had me, Necrali, Mogo, Keshoga, Swirly, Yuri, Mistique, and Octord on runs lately. I think he notices that the Lurkers mages die less often than many of the other regular mages, etc. I think this could be our best and frankly, easiest way to get into MC and still have a chance at success. I like the SK system....I suppose some mats may need additional attention as to how to allocate them fairly, but my experience in running with KotD has been generally good. I'd be surprised if it deteriorated into something full of jealousy and suspcion on "loot fairness". Most of the folks who run with KotD are pretty good about that. In fact, at times we have to talk folks into taking loot. So...I'm all for this. Let's rumble. :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Well, this is very exciting.
As a rogue, FR will be important I imagine. I'm not sure offhand how much FR Rogoll has; I'll have to check.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,May 4 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:Well, this is very exciting.
As a rogue, FR will be important I imagine. I'm not sure offhand how much FR Rogoll has; I'll have to check.
[right][snapback]108981[/snapback][/right]

Don't worry too much about it. As a rogue, you can always back out and bandage. If you have aggro, something's already messed up.

Yes, you'll want some for Rag, but that's down the road a bit.

Once you get your organizational stuff done, and can whack Luci/Mags with regularity, it's time to start visiting Ony, too.

--Mav
I forgot to mention that I will definitely commit to going, but as I mentioned in another thread, I will not be there on May 5 and May 19 due to pre-Punoff activities.
Alram,May 4 2006, 03:51 PM Wrote:Well, this is very exciting.
[right][snapback]108981[/snapback][/right]
I'm sure you'll be fine. Hell, I took my SR rogue into Rags with 121 FR and stayed alive and didn't kill off anyone else either. :)
Intolerant monkey.
I am quite concerned about getting Jandrey in on more stuff. I do hope they don't start things too early on Fridays, if they choose to switch to Fridays. I am quite excited about taking Mogo back into MC and oh, actually doing something other than heal a tank once or twice and then dying when we take in 5 people on the first pull. ;) Fridays or Saturdays are fine with me since I've decided to stick to Terenas now. Could one of you (or both of you) forward the email to me (or transcript of it via PM, whichever) so I can actually see for myself what it says?
Intolerant monkey.
I'm in for MC. It would really simplify things if this becomes a regular deal. The effort of gearing up outside of MC is becoming rather difficult. A hand full of epics a week would go a long way to upgrading the guild.

As far as loot goes, SK epic queue for multi-class epics. AQ20 book queue for class epics. And a simple random off for mats (top X rolls win one mat each). And yes, I believe that KotD and Lurkers should guild bank the mats and pick a regular main tank to boost up quickly. All of us benifit from a better geared meat shield.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Xame,May 5 2006, 02:32 AM Wrote:As far as loot goes, SK epic queue for multi-class epics.&nbsp; AQ20 book queue for class epics.&nbsp; And a simple random off for mats (top X rolls win one mat each).&nbsp;
[right][snapback]109007[/snapback][/right]
I don't know the meaning of these expressions.
Alram,May 5 2006, 02:58 AM Wrote:I don't know the meaning of these expressions.
[right][snapback]109009[/snapback][/right]

SK stands for Suicide Kings. There is a mod which handles this here and also a flash slideshow (on the same site) which walks you through how things go. Should explain the system well enough.
Love the idea, however as it's been pointed out i cant make that time, i dont finish work here until 12pm, which at present is 9pm server time, best i can do is say i'll be on and if needed can step in, though i'm not sure if anyone would be stepping out of a MC run but you never know.

Mistique.

usually Sat i would be able to get on early, 6-7 pm US time. Though not this sat.

vor_lord,May 5 2006, 02:25 AM Wrote:So I just got the following email from Mordekhuul, GM of Keepers of the Dusk with whom many of us have raided AQ20 or ZG with (in fact last night we had 6 lurkers in on the same raid).

Mordekhuul Wrote:Hi Lurkers,

I think its just about time to start looking at putting a 40-man run in place, and we are considering Fridays as a regular Molten Core night, with Onyxia thrown in here and there I'm sure (once everyone is keyed).

I picked Friday because my understanding is that a good number of lurkers are available on Fridays, and I believe it is a better day for many keepers as well.

I am just now feeling out my members on Friday runs, so nothing is final, but I'd like your feedback ASAP for planning purposes.

The plan is to drop the Saturday raid night, and instead run a 40-man on Fridays in much the same style as our ZG and AQ20 runs.

Suicide Kings for looting.  The only open question is how to handle the dark iron ore, cores, and other items critical to gearing up our MT.  In an ideal world (all-guild run) these would be banked and allocated to the MT first, then to other tanks and eventually rogues, etc.  With a multi-guild raid the best we may be able to fairly do is have everyone /roll for them at the end of the raid and hope we win enough to quickly gear up the MT, etc.  Your thoughts are welcome!

I have a few other groups I am going to feel out as well, such as Dusturm and his guild, the other ZG regulars from Dreadnaughts and other guilds, etc.

My hope is to have a core group of dedicated regulars that work hard to make every run.  We will need this even more than in ZG to progress.

Give me feedback on Friday as a date choice first, and when possible give me a list of Lurkers that would like to commit to making Fridays regularly, their classes, and their specs or willingness to re-spec for MC.  (No respect will be required of course, but I can see myself respecing for it now that pvp is done).

Mordekhuul

I, for one, welcome our new.... just kidding.

At any rate I am totally up for committing to this. Fridays continue to be my best day by far (current two months excepted as nearly any day is a good day for me right now). I like Suicide Kings in general a lot. As far as MC mats, it will take some discussion.

I think if we can get some people to strongly commit to these (thinking MT warrior primarily) I wouldn't mind reserving certain classes of those drops for the good of the raid. I'd like to see this person be either a Lurker or a Keeper so the likelihood of bolting would be lessened. The Dursturm he mentioned I don't know much about but it looks like he is leader of a 5 person guild that 5 mans everything together. I do know he is a warrior who is very well geared in terms of blues (much like Conc). Trickiest part is the MC mats like he said.

Initial concerns:

I assume they would want to have a start time of 6:30 as that is their normal start time. This is not convenient for some of us (Conc in particular). It would help accomodate Alram which is good. Nothing would make me feel better about this than Conc being able to come and be one of the main tanks.

edit: And Mistique with the time change in April that pushes him back to about 9 iirc.

Fridays I know are not convenient for Jandrey :( I do think that as we become successful that spillover into Saturday is likely to occur but I do not know about that.
As he's asking for feedback ASAP (I think he wants to keep the Blood of Virtue MC invitations from stealing his folk), please post your thoughts and discuss.
[right][snapback]108957[/snapback][/right]
swirly,May 5 2006, 04:37 AM Wrote:SK stands for Suicide Kings.&nbsp; There is a mod which handles this here and also a flash slideshow (on the same site) which walks you through how things go.&nbsp; Should explain the system well enough.
[right][snapback]109010[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Swirly. What does "AQ20 book queue for class epics" mean?