Muling in Diablo
Hello !

You may know PlugY for Diablo2, which allows (among other thing) an infinite storage place, shared between characters.

I adapted it to Diablo, currently working with versions 1.07 and 1.09/1.09b.

It is not totally finished yet, I plan to make it work with all versions of Diablo and also with Hellfire. Mod compatibility will also be looked at.

Go meet Gillian, she now offers to keep your items if you need room. Those items will be stored in a separated file (Diablo_SP.st or Diablo_MP.st, two versions because solo/MP items are not always compatible).
One day, I'll also add a real stash instead of using Gillian, but that is quite more work.
And there may be some bugs left, any report (game version, system, MP/Solo, what were you doing) would be very appreciated.

Installation should be easy, unzip the four files into Diablo's directory, maybe look at PlugUlmo.ini, and start Loader.exe.

Finally, you can download it from here.
Ulmo,May 1 2006, 08:22 PM Wrote:Finally, you can download it from here.
[right][snapback]108640[/snapback][/right]

New member, first post, downloadable file. Excuse me while I be wary of this one.

I must say that PlugY is a heck of a nice Diablo 2 tool for singleplayer users. If you've successfully ported it to Diablo 1, my overly large comical hat goes off to you.

edit: the latest version of AVG Free says this is clean.
DeeBye,May 2 2006, 03:09 AM Wrote:New member, first post, downloadable file.  Excuse me while I be wary of this one.
[right][snapback]108645[/snapback][/right]

Ulmo is new maybe here but not in world of Diablo and programming. He is core member of Dark forums which is all about modding and programming.

He is also author of great programme -> Tile Viewer. Maybe some players would be surprised what floor/ground pattern is hidden and unused in Retail version of Diablo.
(unfortunatelly Tile Viewer cannot (or couldnt? ) show tiles from Pre-Release Demo. If it could, it would be even more amazing programme)

Well, wariness is OK, but I stay calm here.....
Yeah, Ulmo is cool, nice and to be trusted. I guess he and others at "The Dark" probably knows more than me about the game these days, especially things not directly connected to stats of the game :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Thanks Ulmo!

A few posts back (here), I was looking for something like this. and it looks like I've found it.

I've played around with this a little bit, and I absolutely love it. Great work man. I'll let you know if I come across anything weird. Is there any way of really viewing the stash file, to admire all those beautiful items? :)

Anyway, thanks again, an awesome utility if I've ever seen one.
~NatNit~

NatAmused(LoL) - LoL Mage (26)
NaughtyNat(LoL) - LoL Rogue (12)
FuzzyNat(LEM) - Lemming (11)
NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NakeyNat(NM) - Naked Mage (14)
SailorNat(BNM) - Beyond Naked Mage (9)
ok , how do i get this thing to work? can you give me a play by play of how to do this, i'm computer ignorant. there isn't any directions manual with the download.
DeeBye,May 2 2006, 04:09 AM Wrote:New member, first post, downloadable file.
You are right, I didn't introduce myself.
I'm an active member of PhrozenKeep (D2 mod forum), and since last automn on TheDarkForum too.
French people may also know me on JudgeHype.

NatNit,May 2 2006, 11:59 AM Wrote:Is there any way of really viewing the stash file, to admire all those beautiful items? :)
The items are stored in raw format in Diablo_SP.st (there are 16 byte for various control, then the items, each beeing 0x170 long). so writing an external program to display them in a HTML format or similar shouldn't be difficult.

Heidi,May 2 2006, 05:05 PM Wrote:ok , how do i get this thing to work? can you give me a play by play of how to do this, i'm computer ignorant. there isn't any directions manual with the download.
*Pushing the "Write a ReadMe" on top of TODO list*
Just extract the 4 files into Diablo's directory, then launch Loader.exe.

*Pushing the "Write a ReadMe" on top of TODO list*
Just extract the 4 files into Diablo's directory, then launch Loader.exe.
[right][snapback]108681[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

where is ''diablo's directory'' ? does this work on the version we are using now on bnet? what version is that, 1.09? where can i get a cd ripper so i can copy diablo onto my hard drive so it doesn't start spinning when laz starts giving his speach and the game pauses and i always get killed by fireballs?
Heidi,May 2 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:where is ''diablo's directory'' ?
Somewhere like :
C:\Diablo\
or maybe
D:\Program Files\Diablo\
Quote:does this work on the version we are using now on bnet? what version is that, 1.09?
It works on Bnet, and Bnet version is 1.09b.
Quote:Where can i get a cd ripper so i can copy diablo onto my hard drive so it doesn't start spinning when laz starts giving his speach and the game pauses and i always get killed by fireballs?
Simply copy DiabDat.MPQ from your CD into Diablo's directory, and set :
use_DIABDAT_from_HD=YES
in PlugUlmo.ini
Jarulf,May 2 2006, 02:02 AM Wrote:Yeah, Ulmo is cool, nice and to be trusted. I guess he and others at "The Dark" probably knows more than me about the game these days, especially things not directly connected to stats of the game :)
[right][snapback]108654[/snapback][/right]

Yes, he can be trusted! If you want a link to The Dark forum topic, you can find it here:
http://234pc208.sshunet.nl/forum/forum_pos...=897&PN=1&TPN=1
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Ulmo,May 1 2006, 08:22 PM Wrote:Go meet Gillian, she now offers to keep your items if you need room. Those items will be stored in a separated file (Diablo_SP.st or Diablo_MP.st, two versions because solo/MP items are not always compatible).

ULMO!!!! This bit of work you have done is Most Excellent..
Thank you!

Krishta
who may have just fallen in love with Gillian...
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
Not sure where I'm supposed to put bug reports, but I guess this is as good a place as any.

1 ) Thank you again (not a bug :))
2 ) Poor formatting on the item-type screens (more of a nit really)
3 ) When a character who knows levels of a spell gives the book to gillian, the description saves the required magic. Ie my mage with lvl 15 fireball gives a book to gillian, and then my level 1 warrior takes it out. As he does so, it says he needs 255 magic. This is resolved when it's in his inventory, so still not a huge deal

Thank you.

P.S. Perhaps another file that will sort (can't think of in what order though) the items in your stash. :)
~NatNit~

NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NatNit,May 3 2006, 01:08 AM Wrote:2 ) Poor formatting on the item-type screens (more of a nit really)
True. I'll look at this is some future...
Quote:3 ) When a character who knows levels of a spell gives the book to gillian, the description saves the required magic. Ie my mage with lvl 15 fireball gives a book to gillian, and then my level 1 warrior takes it out. As he does so, it says he needs 255 magic.
OK. Will be fixed.
Quote:P.S. Perhaps another file that will sort (can't think of in what order though) the items in your stash. :)
I don't know either, so chronological order is fine for the moment.
MP from krishta Wrote:When I first enter a game and visit Griswold, he's got 6 items for sale. After visiting the catacombs I returned to Griswold and he only shows 4 items.
When I try to sell stuff to Adria, my inventory will not scroll.
I will look at it too. Expect next release this weekend.
Ulmo,May 2 2006, 12:40 PM Wrote:You are right, I didn't introduce myself.
I'm an active member of PhrozenKeep (D2 mod forum), and since last automn on TheDarkForum too.
[right][snapback]108681[/snapback][/right]

Cool stuff then. Sorry that I came off as an ass, but you never can tell. The Lounge has had it's fair share of "First post! Download this completely legitimate non-infected file I SWEAR IT'S AWESOME and does not contain a keylogger or a trojan!" idiots.

Anyways, welcome to the Lounge :)

Like I said before, PlugY is a great singleplayer D2 tool and seeing it ported to D1 makes me happy in the pants :blush:

edit: damnit, now you are causing me to have urges. Urges to play more D1 :wub:
Update with minor corrections :
*Better formatting on the item-type screens (?)
*Update mag required for books
*Items menu shouldn't stop scrolling
Should we follow the link in first post to find the updated version, or will you upload it at a later time?

Thanks again,
NatNit

Edit: Nevermind, the above link works for the new version. :) Thanks!
~NatNit~

NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
Nice work, but some people on the LE channel seem to think of this as not legit. I personally don't care, it seems fine to me, as I don't see how anyone could possibly use this maliciously; it basically seems like a more efficient way of mulin - and unlike trainers, you can't load the same item over and over again infinitely (which is 100% cheatin). But there are people skeptical on the use of 3rd party progs. Either way, nice work.
Gateway: USA East
Sorcerer: Force_11.06.04.
Warrior: ForceLuvsSheFlex
LAW: Force_Nov.06.04.

Luvin my babe forever.. =))
New update (follow link in first post). Now works with Hellfire (Version 1.00 european, and 1.01). Should work with mods (I tested successfully with TheDark).
And has customizable stash filename, to better sort stash of various mods.

Good game !
Force,May 6 2006, 08:16 AM Wrote:Nice work, but some people on the LE channel seem to think of this as not legit. I personally don't care, it seems fine to me, as I don't see how anyone could possibly use this maliciously; it basically seems like a more efficient way of mulin - and unlike trainers, you can't load the same item over and over again infinitely (which is 100% cheatin). But there are people skeptical on the use of 3rd party progs. Either way, nice work.
[right][snapback]109109[/snapback][/right]

Users with Windows or Macintosh operating systems can use the "copy" and "paste" functions to make a copy of their character, give it to someone else, reload it any time they die, give away their items and then reload the character, etc. Perhaps some people in the LE channel also think that anyone using Windows and Mac are not legit? ;)

It's mostly not the tool you use, but what you use the tool for that matters.

That said, a "more efficient way of muling" to me suggests something that CAN be cheating depending on how it is used. Character inventories are limited for a reason.
Nystul,May 6 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:Users with Windows or Macintosh operating systems can use the "copy" and "paste" functions to make a copy of their character, give it to someone else, reload it any time they die, give away their items and then reload the character, etc.  Perhaps some people in the LE channel also think that anyone using Windows and Mac are not legit? ;)

It's mostly not the tool you use, but what you use the tool for that matters.

That said, a "more efficient way of muling" to me suggests something that CAN be cheating depending on how it is used.  Character inventories are limited for a reason.
[right][snapback]109131[/snapback][/right]

True. This prog will basically have the same end result as traditional mulin, without the need to have all those annoyin mule characters. Just some people still complain about it bein somethin that "isn't supposed to be there" and therefore call it not legit or cheatin. Not sure exactly how usin this the way it was intended to be used would be considered "cheatin", though. As you said, there's just as much of a risk of somebody copyin a mule character to get infinite of one item. But also, as DiabloMaster-LE had told me, this is simply too controversial of a matter. But whether people like it or not, it's difficult to say that usin it in honest ways (as in, only how it was intended to be used) would be considered cheatin. I don't think anyone would have the right to say "if you used this, you most likely took advantage of it and used it for cheatin purposes", either, because I could just as easily say "well, you most likely dupe when no one's there". I think a lot of it has to do with trust.
Gateway: USA East
Sorcerer: Force_11.06.04.
Warrior: ForceLuvsSheFlex
LAW: Force_Nov.06.04.

Luvin my babe forever.. =))