Colbert
If you haven't seen this comic landmark, you must watch it.

BALLS LIKE STEEL.

Did anyone actually watch his show before inviting him?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Haha, apparently they didn't or really suck at detecting sarcasm.

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report - my favorite hour of television :D
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
I dont understand why the President keeps going to that every year.

But Cobert was great.
Rinnhart,Apr 30 2006, 11:25 AM Wrote:BALLS LIKE STEEL.

[right][snapback]108585[/snapback][/right]
Finally everyone in the nation will get to see Stephen Colbert's balls.

Seriously, as much as it pains me, I think he's going to be bigger than Jon Stewart eventually. Still, Jon will always be top dog in my heart.
The error occurred on line -1.
Jon and Colbert are two different for one to be better in my opinion.

Jon's show is more serious, with a funny side. Colbert's is completely funny with, well, no seriousness or VERY little. Jon Stewart on Crossfire was one of the greatest moments of all time. He came out of nowhere and ripped them a new one. He is much much smarter then he lets on.

Edit: By some magic, my mistyping fingers posted it in mid-sentence.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Apr 30 2006, 02:19 PM Wrote:Jon and Colbert are two different for one to be better in my opinion.
[right][snapback]108592[/snapback][/right]
I said bigger, not better. ;)
The error occurred on line -1.
Rinnhart,Apr 30 2006, 10:25 AM Wrote:If you haven't seen this comic landmark, you must watch it.

BALLS LIKE STEEL.

Links to the full video:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIRXur61II...cspan%20AP%20ap

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN0INDOkFuo...cspan%20AP%20ap

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvar7BKwvQ...cspan%20AP%20ap

<delurk>

Personally I don't like Colbert's new show. It is too over the top. Colbert went the way that Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and many others have gone before him. Don't get me started on Napolean Dynamite.

That aside, Colbert pushes the envelope, and I think that is good. We seem to have forgotten what Freedom of Speech means lately.

</delurk>
WWBBD?
Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Easily on par with Jon Stewart on Crossfire. I didn't think that Colbert would have been funny enough for his own show to work, but boy have I been proven wrong. Colbert Report is one of the few shows on TV that I am disappointed if I miss on any given day (along with The Daily Show) and I must give Colbert his props.

Edit: Did anyone see is interview on 60 Minutes? It was very insightful and very funny. Colbert is *hot* right now.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Yrrek,Apr 30 2006, 06:30 PM Wrote:<delurk>

Personally I don't like Colbert's new show. It is too over the top. Colbert went the way that Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and many others have gone before him. Don't get me started on Napolean Dynamite.

That aside, Colbert pushes the envelope, and I think that is good. We seem to have forgotten what Freedom of Speech means lately.

</delurk>
[right][snapback]108601[/snapback][/right]

I agree, for the most part. But this- this was perfect.
Rinnhart,Apr 30 2006, 03:25 PM Wrote:If you haven't seen this comic landmark, you must watch it.

Not the White House, it was the White House Correspondents Dinner. Sponsored by the press association. Not the Bush Administration. The person (I've forgotten his name, the prez of the association) who invited Colbert knew exactly what he was getting.

And I say, it's about time.

And don't worry, it's not the first time a U.S. prez has gotten burnt by the comedy at this event. Pres Clinton was scorched by IIRC Don Imus. The invitee should spread some of the flame around though, like Colbert's comments about Jackson. Also, it's not just the hired entertainer who does the comedy, usually members of the administration will do some bits too, usually with the idea that self-deprecation plays better than lampooning your opponents (which you do all the other days of the year).

I wish I could see the whole thing, but I'm glad to get the Colbert transcript, that was probably the best part, at least for me.

-V
Senior Wrangler
The Forsaken Inn

"White House" makes for a snappier title.
Rinnhart,Apr 30 2006, 09:25 AM Wrote:If you haven't seen this comic landmark, you must watch it.

BALLS LIKE STEEL.

The correspondents' dinner was fine, the audition tape was a bit long in the tooth. Imus had a better delivery, in terms of the set up, but Colbert was his usual sarcastic self.

Check out his interview with James Webb.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete