Wife can't get through red portal in Durance lvl3
Help! My wife and I are playing D2 over a LAN and got as far as the Durance of Hate level 3. After we killed Mephisto my character was able to go through the red portal into Act IV, but her char can't get through.
We tried stopping/restarting in different combinations, her hosting, me hosting, etc. ... nothing worked. Any ideas??
Marker,Apr 29 2006, 03:58 PM Wrote:Help!  My wife and I are playing D2 over a LAN and got as far as the Durance of Hate level 3.  After we killed Mephisto my character was able to go through the red portal into Act IV, but her char can't get through.
We tried stopping/restarting in different combinations, her hosting, me hosting, etc. ... nothing worked.  Any ideas??
[right][snapback]108552[/snapback][/right]

This may sound like a silly question, but have you checked both quest logs to see if both of your characters have completed the same quests?

The more information, the better! It might help us get closer to a diagnosis :)

Cheers,

Munk
Marker,Apr 29 2006, 10:58 PM Wrote:Help!  My wife and I are playing D2 over a LAN and got as far as the Durance of Hate level 3.  After we killed Mephisto my character was able to go through the red portal into Act IV, but her char can't get through.
We tried stopping/restarting in different combinations, her hosting, me hosting, etc. ... nothing worked.  Any ideas??
[right][snapback]108552[/snapback][/right]

I suppose if nothing else works for you, she can always start her character in single player. Then kill Mephisto and advance on to act IV and rejoin you in your LAN game.

Heh, the something similar happened to me and my gf actually... She went through the portal, the game was about to play the Act IV movie, but it froze there.

My solution: Remove the d2movie.mpq file.

Edit: Ugh... Didn't realize the last post was from april. Oh well, maybe it can help someone anyway