Terenas ZG 4/28 8:00 PM server
Little clarification. We'll be trying for AQ20 on the 21st and ZG on the 28th. Anyone who wants to go to ZG tonight with KotD can and can also attend AQ20 with KotD on Monday without worry of competing raidlocks. The only issue is ZG on the 28th. If you go on Friday with us, then you can't go on Saturday with KotD, but you can still go on KotD's Wednesday, 4/26 and not have to worry about being locked out of the lurker run because it resets Friday morning.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Apr 19 2006, 07:32 AM Wrote:Little clarification.  We'll be trying for AQ20 on the 21st and ZG on the 28th.  Anyone who wants to go to ZG tonight with KotD can and can also attend AQ20 with KotD on Monday without worry of competing raidlocks.  The only issue is ZG on the 28th.  If you go on Friday with us, then you can't go on Saturday with KotD, but you can still go on KotD's Wednesday, 4/26 and not have to worry about being locked out of the lurker run because it resets Friday morning.
[right][snapback]107730[/snapback][/right]

I think I will be there. Depending on group composition, I may bring out Durambar. I'll spend some time this week getting a working interface and some familiarity. I can't promise too much skill, but I have a very good idea of what I should be doing, just no practice actually accomplishing it :P

So, beware the level 60 warrior who has never played it before!
vor_lord,Apr 19 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:I think I will be there.  Depending on group composition, I may bring out Durambar.  I'll spend some time this week getting a working interface and some familiarity.  I can't promise too much skill, but I have a very good idea of what I should be doing, just no practice actually accomplishing it  :P

So, beware the level 60 warrior who has never played it before!
[right][snapback]107751[/snapback][/right]

That's right I forgot you had that account in your care.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Apr 18 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:OK where is this stuff coming from?  Taunt is 2 seconds for warrior and for druids.

*looks* Heh, 3 seconds, according to Thottbot. My bad.

Anyway, it's possible that taunt is good enough to switch aggro if the MT doesn't immediately try to get more aggro, and usually the MT stops attacking once he/she is past the number of debuffs considered safe, so as to give the other warriors a chance to get aggro.

Ace's complaint was that even when he stopped attacking and another warrior taunted, Kurinnaxx went back to him.

It's possible that there's a cap on how much taunt will raise your threat so that the other warrior still had less threat... Either way, this is a tricky thing to get right. :)
Treesh,Apr 19 2006, 08:32 AM Wrote:Little clarification.  We'll be trying for AQ20 on the 21st and ZG on the 28th.  Anyone who wants to go to ZG tonight with KotD can and can also attend AQ20 with KotD on Monday without worry of competing raidlocks.  The only issue is ZG on the 28th.  If you go on Friday with us, then you can't go on Saturday with KotD, but you can still go on KotD's Wednesday, 4/26 and not have to worry about being locked out of the lurker run because it resets Friday morning.
[right][snapback]107730[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the clarification on this Treesh. KotD has been begging me to go with them this Weds. They are having trouble gettting mages to show up. Lurker's has first pick on my 20m raid lock so I really wanted to make sure.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
I just spoke to Vilus in game. He didn't know about it, but said he would spread the word.

Draconic Vendetta has made their own guild portal site, and he requests that Treesh add it to our list of allies.

On another note, I am going to make a serious effort to obtain Benediction/Anathema. I'm working on making arrangements for the Eye of Divinity based on my forum post here.. The Eye of Divinity is the only part of the epic priest quest that requires a 40 man raid group, so once I have that the rest should be doable, albeit painful. Still need to work out the details with the guild in question but I've already starting farming up materials.

They want payment in flasks of the titans (hopefully just their mats, as I don't think any of our alchemists have this recipe yet). This means I'll be farming up lots of gromsblood and black lotus. If I get the Eye of Divinity, then I will definitely need some help killing nasty demons for the Eye of Shadow.

So any help would be much appreciated! I remember all the help I got with my Hide of the Wild so thanks again everyone who helped then. This one will be tougher, but better.
vor_lord,Apr 20 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:I just spoke to Vilus in game.  He didn't know about it, but said he would spread the word.

Yeah, I haven't been able to contact him. Thanks.

vor_lord,Apr 20 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:Draconic Vendetta has made their own guild portal site, and he requests that Treesh add it to our list of allies.

Who's DV?

vor_lord,Apr 20 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:If I get the Eye of Divinity, then I will definitely need some help killing nasty demons for the Eye of Shadow.

So any help would be much appreciated!  I remember all the help I got with my Hide of the Wild so thanks again everyone who helped then.  This one will be tougher, but better.
[right][snapback]107909[/snapback][/right]

I'm willing to help scrounge up an Eye of Shadow for you. You can do that without the quest at all.
Intolerant monkey.
I'll be on though with you guys having had a time change in the US i'll be on just after 9pm, which is just after 12pm here....i hate daylight saving. Anyway i'll be there asap.

Mist.

Ps Have Glove.Boots & bracers upgraded now so ready for Baron <_<

Treesh,Apr 18 2006, 09:30 PM Wrote:Well, I posted an event on our GP site.&nbsp; We'll see how many sign up (and how many don't end up locked to another ZG by Friday ;) ) and I'll talk to Vilus so he can warn those LS folks about raidlocks as well.&nbsp; Unfortunately Feero won't be there since he's taking a break, but I wanted to try for this weekend for ZG anyway.&nbsp; Sorry if this throws a crimp in anyone's KotD plans (there's nothing currently on their site about ZG on Saturday yet).&nbsp; *eyeballs Necrali and Fazuul* ;)&nbsp;

If we don't get the folks, we can split into smaller groups again.&nbsp; I'd prefer either UBRS, Scholo or either strat side.&nbsp; Yeah, I know.&nbsp; Really cuts down on the choices, doesn't it? ;)&nbsp; But I do think my order of preference is how I typed it.

Edit: Noob!&nbsp; Lern2checkraidreset.&nbsp; I'm moving this back a week so you guys don't have to ditch a Wednesday night with KotD.&nbsp; 4/28, not 4/21.&nbsp; Could a mod please edit the title for me?

And since GG should be around with us on the 21st (hooray for free days!), could we try AQ20 if we get enough folks this weekend?

Edit: Fixed title--Mav
[right][snapback]107546[/snapback][/right]
Treesh,Apr 20 2006, 08:31 PM Wrote:Who's DV?
[right][snapback]107911[/snapback][/right]

As I understand it Lost Souls disbanded and the majority of the people from it are now in DV. Thats about all I know and its just from others talking about it. So now you know what I do. : )
Treesh,Apr 20 2006, 07:31 PM Wrote:I'm willing to help scrounge up an Eye of Shadow for you.&nbsp; You can do that without the quest at all.
[right][snapback]107911[/snapback][/right]

Well I got email back from Blood of Virtue. He says they don't do MC very often now (maybe twice a month) and there are two priest alts that don't have Benediction. He estimated 4-6 weeks before they'd be able to sell one to me :( Makes sense -- a run every two weeks, 50% drop chance, need two drops...

If I had a degree of certainty that this would actually happen by then (who knows what might change) I would just get everything else I need, but I don't so it's probably better if other people don't expend effort trying to help at this point.
vor_lord,Apr 21 2006, 08:09 AM Wrote:it's probably better if other people don't expend effort trying to help at this point.
[right][snapback]107946[/snapback][/right]

Pffft. But it was fun. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Apr 21 2006, 09:30 AM Wrote:Pffft.&nbsp; But it was fun. :D
[right][snapback]107947[/snapback][/right]

I probably won't be around for the 21st. Good luck to all. If I come, it'll probably be later in the evening.
--Mav
I'm in if theres room, but as i've stated other places i cant get on till 9pm server time now.

Mistique

Treesh,Apr 18 2006, 09:30 PM Wrote:Well, I posted an event on our GP site.&nbsp; We'll see how many sign up (and how many don't end up locked to another ZG by Friday ;) ) and I'll talk to Vilus so he can warn those LS folks about raidlocks as well.&nbsp; Unfortunately Feero won't be there since he's taking a break, but I wanted to try for this weekend for ZG anyway.&nbsp; Sorry if this throws a crimp in anyone's KotD plans (there's nothing currently on their site about ZG on Saturday yet).&nbsp; *eyeballs Necrali and Fazuul* ;)&nbsp;

If we don't get the folks, we can split into smaller groups again.&nbsp; I'd prefer either UBRS, Scholo or either strat side.&nbsp; Yeah, I know.&nbsp; Really cuts down on the choices, doesn't it? ;)&nbsp; But I do think my order of preference is how I typed it.

Edit: Noob!&nbsp; Lern2checkraidreset.&nbsp; I'm moving this back a week so you guys don't have to ditch a Wednesday night with KotD.&nbsp; 4/28, not 4/21.&nbsp; Could a mod please edit the title for me?

And since GG should be around with us on the 21st (hooray for free days!), could we try AQ20 if we get enough folks this weekend?

Edit: Fixed title--Mav
[right][snapback]107546[/snapback][/right]
vor_lord,Apr 21 2006, 07:09 AM Wrote:If I had a degree of certainty that this would actually happen by then (who knows what might change) I would just get everything else I need, but I don't so it's probably better if other people don't expend effort trying to help at this point.
[right][snapback]107946[/snapback][/right]

I take it back! Regicide is going to hook me up with one. I just need to get some more stonescale eels and I think I'll have everything that they want (been using Conc's priest to gather gromsblood and Durambar for black lotus).

So the next tough part will be getting that darn Eye of Shadow from those demons. I am prepared to just buy one if necessary but any help would be great with this.
vor_lord,Apr 26 2006, 09:37 PM Wrote:I take it back!&nbsp; Regicide is going to hook me up with one.&nbsp; I just need to get some more stonescale eels and I think I'll have everything that they want (been using Conc's priest to gather gromsblood and Durambar for black lotus).

So the next tough part will be getting that darn Eye of Shadow from those demons.&nbsp; I am prepared to just buy one if necessary but any help would be great with this.
[right][snapback]108314[/snapback][/right]
I should have some of the eels. I'm going to bed now and will maill them tomorrow.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Apr 26 2006, 09:59 PM Wrote:I should have some of the eels. I'm going to bed now and will maill them tomorrow.
[right][snapback]108332[/snapback][/right]

Thanks very much Alram.

I've thought about it and I think I will probably just buy the Eye of Shadow. It takes 3 people minimum to safely kill lots of those demons with our gear level and I know everyone's time is limited.

At some point when I am ready to do the event, I could use some help getting really buffed up. It's not clear to me exactly how hard this quest is going to be as I am a priest in blues, not epics as the quest was designed. It may be nigh on impossible for me without cheesing it by adding other priests. I'd like to beat the encounter fair and square.

If anyone reading this has done this quest before: For gearing, I'm wondering exactly what approach I should take. I can put together about 80-90 MP5 (then add nightfin soup for some more). Alternatively, I can probably put together oh... say +300 healing and try lower ranked renews. I am 37 Holy/14 Disc, so I do NOT have mental agility which will hurt a lot in this fight. My gear is all blue but for a Hide of the Wild. My mana pool is quite small (~6000 unbuffed), especially if I go to max out MP5 or +healing as per above. I probably will use my extra black lotus to make a Flask of Distilled Wisdom to try and make up for some of the lack.

For the 45 minute Baron run I put together a high spirit set giving me a buffed spirit of 421, but I think being under the 5 second rule all the time will make that approach not effective despite having Meditation and maxed Spiritual Guidance. I believe under the 5 second rule that 1 MP5 = 10.6 Spirit with my spec, making even my Lorespinner + Milli's Lexicon superior to my +42 spirit staff.

Any advice? Remember I am not epic geared nor typically specced.
vor_lord,Apr 27 2006, 12:56 AM Wrote:Thanks very much Alram.

I've thought about it and I think I will probably just buy the Eye of Shadow.&nbsp; It takes 3 people minimum to safely kill lots of those demons with our gear level and I know everyone's time is limited.

At some point when I am ready to do the event, I could use some help getting really buffed up.&nbsp; It's not clear to me exactly how hard this quest is going to be as I am a priest in blues, not epics as the quest was designed.&nbsp; It may be nigh on impossible for me without cheesing it by adding other priests.&nbsp; I'd like to beat the encounter fair and square.

If anyone reading this has done this quest before:&nbsp; For gearing, I'm wondering exactly what approach I should take.&nbsp; I can put together about 80-90 MP5 (then add nightfin soup for some more).&nbsp; Alternatively, I can probably put together oh... say +300 healing and try lower ranked renews.&nbsp; I am 37 Holy/14 Disc, so I do NOT have mental agility which will hurt a lot in this fight.&nbsp; My gear is all blue but for a Hide of the Wild.&nbsp; My mana pool is quite small (~6000 unbuffed), especially if I go to max out MP5 or +healing as per above.&nbsp; I probably will use my extra black lotus to make a Flask of Distilled Wisdom to try and make up for some of the lack.

For the 45 minute Baron run I put together a high spirit set giving me a buffed spirit of 421, but I think being under the 5 second rule all the time will make that approach not effective despite having Meditation and maxed Spiritual Guidance.&nbsp; I believe under the 5 second rule that 1 MP5 = 10.6 Spirit with my spec, making even my Lorespinner + Milli's Lexicon superior to my +42 spirit staff.

Any advice?&nbsp; Remember I am not epic geared nor typically specced.
[right][snapback]108337[/snapback][/right]

I hear that holy nova makes this quest a laugh now.

--Mav
Update: I'm hoping to be able to play 4/28, but I may end up with kid duty, which might affect my ability to be on at 8:00, or my ability to be on at all. If I lose my spot as a result, I completely understand. In that case, when/if I get on, I have things I can do either in PvP or out in the world.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Tomorrow--Friday, I am picking my niece up after school. I don't think it will impair my ability to play Friday night, but it might. So if I don't make it, just give my slot to someone else.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Are we for sure going for ZG tomorrow? I'm trying to make sure I keep up with the raid reset calendar, and ZG resets tomorrow morning at 4 am....and I want to make sure I keep the Keepers updated on whether or not I can be there on Saturday.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>