Lurking in the sewers no Longer
HI EVERYONE!!!

It's been a few months since I have even used a computer outside of work.

Bad breakup, changing school, a geographical move, and computer issues had all conspired to not only force me to stop playing WoW, but also to cut back on my computer use greatly.

On the bright side, I have a brand new laptop (its killer), a good job (not making me rich but plenty for now) and will be finally taking my last few semesters of school this summer and fall. And of course no significant other. But, without resorting to offending all women, I am probably much better off without. :)

Whew!

So, I picked up Oblivion a week or so ago and am having a blast. I'm also waiting for Hellgate: Londo which IMO will be my next obsession but that is far off the future.

I have this urge to play WoW again. New content, much of which I have missed, is a strong allure but mainly I want to see how the servers / communities have matured.

I have a 4x warlock on Tichondrius (if it still exists) who I loved and would probably like to play with since he was my highest character.

So my questions....

Where are most of the lurkers playing these days?

Do we have a good turnout on Tichondrius or should I consider moving to Stormrage or another server?

What's the general state of the game right now... meaning, will I be able to find people to play catch-up with?

Anything else that could catch me up over the last 4-5 months is muchly appreciated.

It's been a lot of fun catching up with the forums here and I'm glad to see a lot of friendly and familiar faces around still.

Again, Hi everyone.

Smithy

smithy,Apr 13 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:Where are most of the lurkers playing these days?

Do we have a good turnout on Tichondrius or should I consider moving to Stormrage or another server?

The Lurkers on Tichondrius have melted into other guilds on the server. The most obvious guild to join would be The Basin, if you want to play there. The most active Lurker group is on Stormrage (alliance) and second most active is Terenes (Horde), but those are both PvE servers.

Quote:What's the general state of the game right now... meaning, will I be able to find people to play catch-up with?

Anything else that could catch me up over the last 4-5 months is muchly appreciated.

Some new raiding instances were added lately, and there are some new quests for the old level 60 dungeons to let people upgrade their tier 0 sets (Dreadmist, Valor, etc.). Priests just got a major overhaul and the mages and shaman will be next.
MongoJerry,Apr 13 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:The Lurkers on Tichondrius have melted into other guilds on the server.  The most obvious guild to join would be The Basin, if you want to play there.  The most active Lurker group is on Stormrage (alliance) and second most active is Terenes (Horde), but those are both PvE servers.
Some new raiding instances were added lately, and there are some new quests for the old level 60 dungeons to let people upgrade their tier 0 sets (Dreadmist, Valor, etc.).  Priests just got a major overhaul and the mages and shaman will be next.
[right][snapback]107102[/snapback][/right]

Does that mean you are playing with the Basin or are you playing with someone else?

I just really don't want to jump back into the game without some sort of established group because most of the stuff I want to do seems to be group oriented. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll have to head over to the ab and see what's up with them.

Smithy
smithy,Apr 13 2006, 06:21 PM Wrote:Does that mean you are playing with the Basin or are you playing with someone else?

I'm personally in a guild called The Core, but it's an exclusive guild. There's a lot of crossover between the Lurker Lounge and the Basin, though, and The Basin has a large vibrant community on Tichondrius. Definitely look into joining with them if you want to play on Tichondrius.
I'd like to affirm what Mongo said and say that The Basin on Tichondrius is a really large, really friendly guild. We have a lot of members of all levels (more alts than I can describe). I'd definitely suggest joining The Basin if you want to get back into the game on Tichondrius. I myself used to be in the Lurkers on Tich, then quit for a while and joined The Basin when I came back because the Lurker guild had kinda dissolved. I don't regret the decision at all.
Tichondrius
Arnath - UD Warlock (Tailoring/Herbalism)
Seirei - Troll Priest (Mining/Skinning)
Bhim - Tauren Warrior (Mining/Herbalism)