Well, that was kinda funny
I had totally forgotten to turn off Windows Firewall. I use Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 instead as it also blocks outgoing stuff.

I also don't use Internet Explorer all that often, but I was visiting a website that required it.

I took a screenshot of the hilarity. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
[Image: windowsfirewall9pm.png]

(damn, after rereading this post I sound like a zealous Slashdot poster - I'm really not)
DeeBye,Apr 14 2006, 04:57 AM Wrote:(damn, after rereading this post I sound like a zealous Slashdot poster - I'm really not)
[right][snapback]107149[/snapback][/right]
The stigma will never come clean! Elitist Slashdotter is you!
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
DeeBye,Apr 13 2006, 08:57 PM Wrote:I had totally forgotten to turn off Windows Firewall.  I use Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 instead as it also blocks outgoing stuff.

I also don't use Internet Explorer all that often, but I was visiting a website that required it.

I took a screenshot of the hilarity.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

(damn, after rereading this post I sound like a zealous Slashdot poster - I'm really not)

Dee, I'm afraid that it's time for you to change your "custom member title"...

DeeBye: "Elitist Slashdotter" :P
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
In the line of amusing stuff: incredible machines from japan. Remember the software game "the incredible machine", where you build simple machines to move small objects around (levers, cranks, whirligigs)? This is a 10+ minute long video of a lot of such machines.
DeeBye,Apr 13 2006, 08:57 PM Wrote:I had totally forgotten to turn off Windows Firewall.  I use Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 instead as it also blocks outgoing stuff.

I took a screenshot of the hilarity.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Yay!

This screenshot makes me happy. :D
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Chaerophon,Apr 14 2006, 01:02 PM Wrote:Dee, I'm afraid that it's time for you to change your "custom member title"...

DeeBye: "Elitist Slashdotter" :P
[right][snapback]107195[/snapback][/right]

Oh god no. I read Slashdot every once in a while, but I absolutely loathe the zealot Linux-user "Micro$oft, Internet Exploder" comments that infest that place.
DeeBye,Apr 14 2006, 09:30 PM Wrote:Oh god no.  I read Slashdot every once in a while, but I absolutely loathe the zealot Linux-user "Micro$oft, Internet Exploder" comments that infest that place.
[right][snapback]107274[/snapback][/right]
As a disgruntled Nutscrape user, who has been betrayed . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 14 2006, 11:54 PM Wrote:Nutscrape
[right][snapback]107278[/snapback][/right]

Okay, this one made me laugh :D

The difference between you and typical Slashdot posters is that you don't write 2,000 word rants on the subject at every available opportunity.

I don't even know why I have Slashdot bookmarked. It makes me angry every time I go there :(
Drasca,Apr 14 2006, 10:04 PM Wrote:In the line of amusing stuff: incredible machines from japan. Remember the software game "the incredible machine", where you build simple machines to move small objects around (levers, cranks, whirligigs)? This is a 10+ minute long video of a lot of such machines.
[right][snapback]107242[/snapback][/right]
Oooo Ooo! I just remembered, there's a term for this. There's a word for these overly elaborate machines that do very silly and trivial things.

Grr. Just can't remember what they're called.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Apr 15 2006, 04:28 AM]Oooo Ooo! I just remembered, there's a term for this. There's a word for these overly elaborate machines that do very silly and trivial things.

[right][snapback]107305[/snapback][/right]

Rube Goldberg - now with wiki Link.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
DeeBye,Apr 14 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:The difference between you and typical Slashdot posters is that you don't write 2,000 word rants on the subject at every available opportunity.
[right][snapback]107279[/snapback][/right]
Well, I have been known to get a bit long winded, but thanks for that. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
[ Wrote:Angel,Apr 15 2006, 07:28 AM]Oooo Ooo! I just remembered, there's a term for this. There's a word for these overly elaborate machines that do very silly and trivial things.

Microsoft? Windows?

Your local PTA or school board?

The government? Republicans? Democrats? Insert political party here?
[wcip]Angel,Apr 15 2006, Wrote:Oooo Ooo! I just remembered, there's a term for this. There's a word for these overly elaborate machines that do very silly and trivial things.

Dominos?