"Serenity Now" acting immaturely?
First, I should mention that I don't play WoW. Still, I found this on another board today and felt I could share it with my fellow Loungers.

URLy

Apparently, a WoW-gamer passed away and her online friends wanted to pay their respect by having a kind of virtual memorial for their fallen friend. Somehow a clan/guild/whatyoumacallit called "Serenity Now" (great name though. I'm all for Seinfeld-references) crashed the memorial and killed off everyone. Although I found the movie they had made in the aftermath of this slightly amusing, I still reserve the right to wag my little finger at them for acting immature.

Regardless of one's view on virtual memorials for departed friends (most of us would perhaps scoff and roll our eyes at such an endeavour), I still think it was insensitive of these people to mess up what was obviously a very emotional and sensitive union of friends getting together to commemorate their deceased friend. Also, I find it rather disrespectful to the girl who passed away.

Does anyone know these people? What do you make of all this?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Apr 6 2006, Wrote:First, I should mention that I don't play WoW. Still, I found this on another board today and felt I could share it with my fellow Loungers.

URLy

Apparently, a WoW-gamer passed away and her online friends wanted to pay their respect by having a kind of virtual memorial for their fallen friend. Somehow a clan/guild/whatyoumacallit called "Serenity Now" (great name though. I'm all for Seinfeld-references) crashed the memorial and killed off everyone. Although I found the movie they had made in the aftermath of this slightly amusing, I still reserve the right to wag my little finger at them for acting immature.

Regardless of one's view on virtual memorials for departed friends (most of us would perhaps scoff and roll our eyes at such an endeavour), I still think it was insensitive of these people to mess up what was obviously a very emotional and sensitive union of friends getting together to commemorate their deceased friend. Also, I find it rather disrespectful to the girl who passed away.

[right][snapback]106378[/snapback][/right]

See http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=7791

--Mav
[wcip]Angel,Apr 6 2006, Wrote:First, I should mention that I don't play WoW. Still, I found this on another board today and felt I could share it with my fellow Loungers.

URLy

[right][snapback]106378[/snapback][/right]
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete