Chromaggus' Time Lapse
Our raid alliance is breaking up, because the respective guilds want to form their own Blackwing Lair groups. Together we downed Nefarian three times. Yesterday we went to Blackwing Lair for the last time as an alliance. Our goal was to clear the entire thing in five hours. We failed at Chromaggus.

Everything went smoothly. Unbelievable lag until Lashlayer. We needed two attempts for Vaelastrasz, he had burned through three of our MTs in very short order.

Anyway, Chromaggus was the roadblock. We got the Acid Breath/Time Lapse combination. Every time the Time Lapse struck, the person highest on his aggro list had 1% of his max hitpoints! We tried three times. Shielding the MT and giving him HoTs seemed to do the trick. The last attempt seemed to look pretty good until we got to 10% of Chromaggus' hitpoints. Then all the tanks got eaten, one by one. The last raid member fell when Chromaggus was at 3%.

Any success stories with the new Time Lapse from other guilds?
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Arnulf,Apr 4 2006, 03:18 AM Wrote:Our raid alliance is breaking up, because the respective guilds want to form their own Blackwing Lair groups. Together we downed Nefarian three times. Yesterday we went to Blackwing Lair for the last time as an alliance. Our goal was to clear the entire thing in five hours. We failed at Chromaggus.

Everything went smoothly. Unbelievable lag until Lashlayer. We needed two attempts for Vaelastrasz, he had burned through three of our MTs in very short order.

Anyway, Chromaggus was the roadblock. We got the Acid Breath/Time Lapse combination. Every time the Time Lapse struck, the person highest on his aggro list had 1% of his max hitpoints! We tried three times. Shielding the MT and giving him HoTs seemed to do the trick. The last attempt seemed to look pretty good until we got to 10% of Chromaggus' hitpoints. Then all the tanks got eaten, one by one. The last raid member fell when Chromaggus was at 3%.

Any success stories with the new Time Lapse from other guilds?
[right][snapback]106164[/snapback][/right]

Well right now the the 1% hitpoint thing is a bug. Once they hotfix it you should find it a little easier. ;)
We managed to pull it off last sunday, after two spectacular wipes and some rearranging of tactics. It actually drops anyone hit by time lapse to 1%, so you have to keep everyone except the MT out of sight, shield, instaheal (<3 druids) and pray.
In total I think we went trough 7 MTs, with the first ones down being combat ressed and working their way to the top of the aggro again.
Anybody try it since the hot patch? I know ony is fixed but totems are not.
Fixed.
Yeah the wording on that is a bit funny. I was hoping somebody had actually attempted it.

I reccomend still turning off weather if you are going to fight ossirian. It still is possible to confuse the weather effects and the actual tornadoes at the default level.