spells of old
By now I'm probably known for my interest in what diablo could have been. Now I'm looking into spells. I know there is a fifth page of spells that was in the demo, and can be accessed in the real version, but few know how to get there. I know some of the spells that were reomoved, tell me if you have responses for any that I'm unsure of:

Invisibility-as if we don't know
blood boil-some sort of apocolypse spell ive heard
blood ritual-reverse heal (aka health to mana)
ethereal-kind of a temporary super shield (replaced by mana shield)?
doom serpants-no clue

If anyone knows more spells, or what these ones do, please post.
I was always curious as to what "Blood Boil" and the picture of the skull with flames around it was supposed to be. Those 2 always seemed rather intriguin..
Gateway: USA East
Sorcerer: Force_11.06.04.
Warrior: ForceLuvsSheFlex
LAW: Force_Nov.06.04.

Luvin my babe forever.. =))
Master DS5,Apr 5 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:I know there is a fifth page of spells that was in the demo, and can be accessed in the real version, but few know how to get there.

For those of you that don't know how to get there, open spell book, to the right of "page 4" there's a small double line (the box with 4 in it and the border) click there, it'll open a blank page.

Quote:Invisibility-as if we don't know
blood boil-some sort of apocolypse spell ive heard
blood ritual-reverse heal (aka health to mana)
ethereal-kind of a temporary super shield (replaced by mana shield)?
doom serpants-no clue[right][snapback]106335[/snapback][/right]

This will hold you till someone intelligent shows up.
Invisible- didn't make it very far (multiplayer issues probably, "god mode", LOTS of possible problems)

Blood Boil- *shrugs* I know they reused the graphic to make the Barbarian in Hellfire

Blood Ritual- good in theory but the fact that it works exactally the same as Heal but in reverse meant that any downtime yielded Full health and (almost) full mana. And to scale it back anyway would have made it completely worthless (WOW I get a full 5 mana by spending 100 HP, DUDE!)

Ethereal- something like that, but it and mana shield were around at the same time, when cast it puts a ring over your head, one that fits perfectly around the mana shield orb. I think there were some bugs or something associated with it, either that or they just thought it was redundant.

Doom Serpants- To put it simply think charged bolt with physical (magic?) damage snakes. I think it would only release 3 snakes per cast, they may or may not have had 'homing' features. Don't know why it was removed.
Grarrrg,Apr 6 2006, 07:57 PM Wrote:Ethereal- something like that, but it and mana shield were around at the same time, when cast it puts a ring over your head, one that fits perfectly around the mana shield orb.  I think there were some bugs or something associated with it, either that or they just thought it was redundant.[right][snapback]106421[/snapback][/right]

It was too powerful. The code for Etherealize is still fully present, so we know how it works. When Etherealize is active, attacks which would deal physical damage automatically miss, without regard to the statistics of attacker or defender. Sorcerors are overpowed enough as is; it'd have been far worse if you had a sorceror teleporting around with a 1000 point Mana Shield, maximum resists, and total immunity to physical attacks. :)

If I remember the Etherealize formulas correctly, a high slvl Etherealize lasts several minutes. I think it stacks, so you could even renew it before the prior one ended.
I found another, I have no name for it, but here is the pic:

[Image: spell.jpg]

I've heard that this spell was removed due to its reduntancy. I was told that it created a floating eye (much like killrogs eye from warcraft 2) that could move and shot firebolts. This spell would act as a hybrid of golem and gaurdian, so it was taken out.thats the theory anyway
Well, all spells mentioned here are not as unknown as it seems. You can cast all these spells except invisibility. (Well, you can cast invisibility too, but you will not became invisible :-) )
If you are still interested look here.

BTW: Doom Serpents release only 1 missile per cast. But you can cast it over and over (till sprits limit I guess :-)) )

Sentinal is NOT hybrid of Golem and Guardian. It is in Guardian with different graphic (In fact it is vice-versa. Guardian replaced Sentinal)

Blood Boil is not like Apocalypse. Apocalypse attacks all enemies in some radius. Blood Boil is targeted spell you can use only against 1 enemy.