1.11 Tidbit
Here's a nice little post

Tigole Wrote:You should still be able to reset your instance. In Patch 1.11 we're going to add to the User Interface so that you'll be able to reset the instance in a more obvious way.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Bah, we'll still be limited to 5 per hour. Although, the recent changes to ML make twinking alts a near impossibility anyway.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Apr 4 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:Bah, we'll still be limited to 5 per hour. Although, the recent changes to ML make twinking alts a near impossibility anyway.

Oh? I hadn't heard about any changes. What's the story? Can you not ML items to people who aren"t on the threat list anymore or something? Can you use group loot to let your alt roll on items from the instance entrance?
Quote:Oh? I hadn't heard about any changes. What's the story? Can you not ML items to people who aren"t on the threat list anymore or something? Can you use group loot to let your alt roll on items from the instance entrance?

A friend was attempting to do Shanker runs for a 52 Rogue guildmate and after 5-6 runs, it dropped but the 52 Rogue, who was waiting inside at the bridge with the fire elementals wasn't even on the ML list. They ended up having to somehow get the 52 rogue past the 55-56 elementals to get her her Shanker. Perhaps it was a fluke but I really doubt it. I'm not sure if they tried group loot but I doubt it would work anymore than ML.

Edit: spelling and stuff
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
ima_nerd,Apr 4 2006, 10:41 AM Wrote:A friend was attempting to do Shanker runs for a 52 Rogue guildmate and after 5-6 runs, it dropped but the 52 Rogue, who was waiting inside at the bridge with the fire elementals wasn't even on the ML list. They ended up having to somehow get the 52 rogue past the 55-56 elementals to get her her Shanker. Perhaps it was a fluke but I really doubt it. I'm not sure if they tried group loot but I doubt it would work anymore than ML.

It'd be interesting to test it out. Before the patch, one of our most active shamans had his account stolen. Well, technically he was playing on his friend's account and then the friend decided to up and sell it off, including all the epics that our shaman had collected over the last 10 months. Anyway, our guild has been trying to help him level up a new character and equip him quickly and one way I helped was by sneaking through to the goblin in Mauradon and ML'ing the shield the goblin dropped to our shaman who remained at the instance entrance. It'd be interesting to see if this kind of thing is no longer possible. I'm not saying that it would be a bad thing if it isn't possible, since in so many ways, this kind of thing is cheesy. But still, it would be interesting to note if Blizzard took the time to nerf this kind of twinking.
MongoJerry,Apr 4 2006, 03:03 PM Wrote:It'd be interesting to test it out.  Before the patch, one of our most active shamans had his account stolen.  Well, technically he was playing on his friend's account and then the friend decided to up and sell it off, including all the epics that our shaman had collected over the last 10 months.  Anyway, our guild has been trying to help him level up a new character and equip him quickly and one way I helped was by sneaking through to the goblin in Mauradon and ML'ing the shield the goblin dropped to our shaman who remained at the instance entrance.  It'd be interesting to see if this kind of thing is no longer possible.  I'm not saying that it would be a bad thing if it isn't possible, since in so many ways, this kind of thing is cheesy.  But still, it would be interesting to note if Blizzard took the time to nerf this kind of twinking.
[right][snapback]106204[/snapback][/right]
I remember seeing several posts in the general and raid forums saying that this exact thing is no longer possible. I agree that while it may have been useful for alts in situations such as that, it was definitely cheesy and was ripe for heavy abuse.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
I disagree. All a 60 Rogue can do is up to Herod and pretty much only if he's either Combat swords or epic'd. I guess you could get a few Druids to tag along and pretty much kill any boss in the game pre-end game dungeons but really, that would be pretty rare. I've used it to get stuff like Cruel Barbs for my Warrior or a Toxic Revenger for my Rogue and friend's Rogues.

The main abuse of this was parking low 50 characters at the entrances to Strat/Scholo/BRS and MLing them stuff that dropped if no one in the active group needed it. My guild actually did a spree of this in the last few days of 1.9 :) Obviously, 1.10 removed this so I don't see a need to remove the ML range.
ima_nerd,Apr 5 2006, 10:50 AM Wrote:I disagree. All a 60 Rogue can do is up to Herod and pretty much only if he's either Combat swords or epic'd. I guess you could get a few Druids to tag along and pretty much kill any boss in the game pre-end game dungeons but really, that would be pretty rare. I've used it to get stuff like Cruel Barbs for my Warrior or a Toxic Revenger for my Rogue and friend's Rogues.

You've got to be kidding. Lord Incendius, the level 54 elite boss elemental in BRD was regularly killed solo by a variety of classes but especially rogues who wanted to farm large brilliant shards, which is why Blizzard decided to make the encounter a bit harder. Some of the more epiced out rogues kill the tree boss in DM West solo. Basically, I'd say that any level 60 rogue with decent blue gear can kill just about any boss up through Mauradan solo (with maybe the exception being the Princess herself because of all her anti-melee attacks). The more epic gear you have, the higher the level boss you can handle solo.
Adairan here, most ya'll know me, im playing a rogue now on Malfurion, and yah, soloing most bosses sint that hard. If a boss is stunnable and/or blindable chancs are im gonna win. I farmer my shanker solo for a week, would don about 150 FR gear hop down and killl incendious.Now he has a debuff that lowers FR by 100, makes him almost just as easy in groups, but alot harder to rogue solo.
When you reach the edge of everything, and the only thing left to do is step into the darkness rest assured one of to things shall happen. Either there will be ground for you to stand on or you shall be taught to fly.
MongoJerry,Apr 5 2006, 06:51 PM Wrote:You've got to be kidding.  Lord Incendius, the level 54 elite boss elemental in BRD was regularly killed solo by a variety of classes but especially rogues who wanted to farm large brilliant shards, which is why Blizzard decided to make the encounter a bit harder.  Some of the more epiced out rogues kill the tree boss in DM West solo.  Basically, I'd say that any level 60 rogue with decent blue gear can kill just about any boss up through Mauradan solo (with maybe the exception being the Princess herself because of all her anti-melee attacks).  The more epic gear you have, the higher the level boss you can handle solo.
[right][snapback]106339[/snapback][/right]

I think Warriors are quite possibly the best class for rushing lowbies through instances; high durability, high damage output, solid aggro holding (not that the lowbies are going to pull aggro off of a 60 in any gear quality), and even a bit of AE.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.