Fun with numbers
Numbers pop up now and again in odd and amusing ways.

On Wednesday of this week, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00
in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

Using European notation, this line up will occur on the 4th of May.

My street address in Italy was 119. We bought three brightly colored tiles, put them in am iron frame. When we got back to America, my wife stored them, as our house number didn't use those numbers.

They now sit in our kitchen, reversed, in a frame, and have nothing to do with home.

What are the odd numbers in your life, the ones that fall together oddly.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 2 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:What are the odd numbers in your life, the ones that fall together oddly.

Occhi
[right][snapback]106068[/snapback][/right]
After seeing Fahrenheit 9/11, I climbed into my car feeling gloomy, not about the movie specifically, but about tragedy in general. I closed my eyes and took a few minutes to focus. When I opened my eyes, I happened to glance at my car's clock.

9:11 PM
The error occurred on line -1.
Occhidiangela,Apr 2 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:What are the odd numbers in your life, the ones that fall together oddly.

My birthday is 4/12.
My wife's birthday is 6/12.
My brother's birthday is 6/13.
My mother-in-law's birthday is 4/13.
My now-deceased grandpa's birthday was 6/13.

Five members of my close family have birthdates that are either in April or June, and are either the 12th or the 13th of the month.
My birthday is 123 (1/23)
My Wife's birthday is 1123 (11/23)
my social security number shares the last 4 digits of the phone number I grew up in as a child, as it's last 4 digits
My driver's license number is incredibly easy, consiting of an A, some digits that match a boeing airplane model and 1000.

Thre are a couple more amazing numeric coincidences, but they are financially related, and I don't think a public forum is an appropriate place for them.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The number 42 keeps coming up but, for the life of me, I have no idea what it might mean.

;) :lol:

The only other number I notice regularly is 318. The only real relevance it has is that the first car engine I worked on was a 318. My immediate family ended up having 3 vehicles with the engine. Since then, I see the number all the time, but maybe I'm just sensitive to it. I'll look at the clock and see 3:18. I'll add up a column of numbers and get 318. I'll get a bill or see a price and it will be some form of 318. I used to work in retail invnetory. We would take inventory in retail stores. We added up the retail value of a shelf and posted it to a form. So, so many times 318 would be the number posted. I would probably see the same thing if I picked another number and started watching for it but that is the one that I see.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
4 8 15 16 23 42

...'nuff sed.

Well, actually, my cousin's birthday is on Dec. 4. My other cousin's birthday is on Dec. 5. My best friend's mom's birthday is on Dec 2.

And as for me, Dec. 3.

12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 12/5.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
From about 1997-2000 (as far as I remember, anyways) I used to be a bit freaked out by the fact that nearly every night, I looked at the clock when it was 9:11. It didn't matter which clock it was, or if the clocks were in sync, it seemed that I always caught sight of it at 9:11. To top it off, it seemd as though I looked up at the hockey scoreboard clock at 9:11, during games, ALL of the time.

Weird.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Chaerophon,Apr 3 2006, 02:23 AM Wrote:From about 1997-2000 (as far as I remember, anyways) I used to be a bit freaked out by the fact that nearly every night, I looked at the clock when it was 9:11.  It didn't matter which clock it was, or if the clocks were in sync, it seemed that I always caught sight of it at 9:11.  To top it off, it seemd as though I looked up at the hockey scoreboard clock at 9:11, during games, ALL of the time. 

Weird.
[right][snapback]106080[/snapback][/right]
Not sure if 911 is the emergency phone code number in Canada. One could take that as a sign that you should pursue the EMT profession, or an ER doctor or trauma nurse. :)

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 2 2006, 10:19 PM Wrote:What are the odd numbers in your life, the ones that fall together oddly.

Occhi

Personally, 17 has come up frequently:
Ex girlfriends birthday: 4/17
Anniversary of first date with my wife: 2/17
squad assignment at various camps when I was younger: 17
sum of the house number where I lived for two years in college: 17
number of credits I needed to take 2nd semester senior year to graduate: 17
number of the boat upon which some friends and I committed acts that nearly got us thrown out of an amusement park: 17

Though I think my wife is trying to take it away from me:
her birthday: 7/18
our wedding anniversary: 8/18
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
DeeBye,Apr 2 2006, 11:48 PM Wrote:My birthday is 4/12.
My wife's birthday is 6/12.
My brother's birthday is 6/13.
My mother-in-law's birthday is 4/13.
My now-deceased grandpa's birthday was 6/13.

Five members of my close family have birthdates that are either in April or June, and are either the 12th or the 13th of the month.
[right][snapback]106071[/snapback][/right]

Along the same lines,

My brother's birthday is 2/22, time of birth: 2:22.
My birthday is 4/22, time of birth 4:22.
My brother and I are exactly 2 years and 2 months apart (not two hours though, since he was a morning birth and I was an afternoon).
My mother is 6/22.
Grandfather 8/22.

Rather odd obsession with 22, if you ask me.

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,Apr 3 2006, 12:43 PM Wrote:Rather odd obsession with 22, if you ask me.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]106117[/snapback][/right]
Beware any encounters with Joseph Heller. ;)

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 3 2006, 03:26 PM Wrote:Beware any encounters with Joseph Heller.  ;)

Occhi
[right][snapback]106123[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the reference Occhi, I had forgotten about Catch 22. Its now on my list of 'books to read/reread when I have time'. ;)

Cheers,

Munk
1978 my birth year.

It's less now but here are some things that had this:
Dad's car built this year
Step Mom's car built this year
My old car was built this year
Mom's house built this year
Dad's house number
My birthday (as noted above)

It pops up in other places that I can't think of at the moment as well. I'm cursed. :blink:
Hi,

Occhidiangela,Apr 2 2006, 08:19 PM Wrote:What are the odd numbers in your life, . . .
1, 3, 5, 7, . . . :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

There was a particular day 4 and 44 came up a couple of times , so we put money on it for a bit of fun . My wife remarked how she had forgotten to take a lot of cash to the store this particular day . She gets to the till and gets a bill for £4.44 , she rooted around in here purse and was suprised to find exactly £4.44 , never thought nothing about it until later that day when she looked up at the clock and saw that the time was 4.44 . Then she tells me about the store , so I said ok , I'm going to put the lottery on using 4 and 44 for two of the numbers . Now I am not making any of this up when I say , we got 4 numbers out of the six and we won a share , ours being £44.44 . Strange but true .
Take care
Raven Vale,Apr 4 2006, 05:42 AM Wrote:There was a particular day 4 and 44 came up a couple of times , so we put money on it for a bit of fun . My wife remarked how she had forgotten to take a lot of cash to the store this particular day . She gets to the till and gets a bill for £4.44 , she rooted around in here purse and was suprised to find exactly £4.44 , never thought nothing about it until later that day when she looked up at the clock and saw that the time was 4.44 . Then she tells me about the store , so I said ok , I'm going to put the lottery on using 4 and 44 for two of the numbers . Now I am not making any of this up when I say , we got 4 numbers out of the six and we won a share , ours being £44.44 . Strange but true .
[right][snapback]106168[/snapback][/right]
Interesting, your numbers got me to thinking.

Two weeks ago I played the Texas lotto and got 4 of six, winning about $110 dollars. The numbers I used were my kids' ages, and the age I was when each was born. Add my dog's age and a bonus number, and pay a few bucks when filling up with gas. I play these numbers every few weeks.

After your post, I went back and looked at the card I usually use. I rechecked the lottery results.

I missed the bonus number and the fifth number, which having gotten correct would have won me a cool 17 million dollars, by a total of 42 (34+8). If Douglas Adams weren't already dead, I'd be tempted to give him a piece of my mind. ;)

Maybe I ought to go back to shooting craps, instead of shooting the bull. Vegas, here I come.

(Now, to convince Mrs Occhi that this is a good idea! )

*Ducks Frying Pan of Spousal Vengeance*

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Man, and I thought my birthday was coincidental. I was born 02/02 at around 2 in the morning, but compared to some stories here, that almost seems trivial. What else can I think of.... oh... that's right! I've got something.

Last year, in TA at school, for 13 days straight, the ONLY time I would end up looking at the clock in advisory was at 10:19. It was bizarre.
My birthday: 4/5
My father's birthday: 6/7
My son's birthday: 8/9

Now we just need a 10/11 or a 2/3 to go with them.

<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
The last 4 digits of my father's Driver's License number are 1264
When moving into their first house, my parents got a randly assigned phone number ending in 6421.

I was born on 12/6
My brother was born on 12/4
(we were both due 4 weeks later, so no planning there)

See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Apr 9 2006, 08:15 PM Wrote:I was born on 12/6
My brother was born on 12/4
[right][snapback]106674[/snapback][/right]

Wow, my twins were born only 15 minutes apart, I can't even imagine going over 24 hours apart! Amazing!

-V
Midwife-on-call
The Forsaken Inn