new wii contollers
I got these new wii controllers (motion plus) and they are really great. I only have wii resort to use them with but that is good fun (espeically the table tennis).
I have been a bit stupid to buy tiger woods golf last year....I guess there is no way of making that old game 'motion plus compatible' right?

Any of you have these motion plus thingy's already and what is your favourite game?

And does anyone play online games using the wii? And is that a whole new dimension are totally unnecesarry?

eppie
We got the MP controllers and bought them with Wii Sports Resort. It's great fun, but I suspect that it'll fade in popularity (at least in this house) as quickly as the original controllers (and wii sports) did.

There still aren't enough games for the Wii, mp-compatible or not. (No, you cannot make your old golf-game mp-compatible either I'm afraid.) Trade it in at Gamespot and get the new one. According to gametrailers, it's a leap in technology and a much better game. Same goes for a certain tennis game I can't remember.

We own a Wii, but before MP arrived, we hadn't used it since we got it a few years back. PS3 is used daily though. Now that Sony and Microsoft are in the motion sensor-business as well, the Wii is doomed. (even though they have a comfortable lead when it comes to units sold worldwide)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
In all honesty, with motion-sensing technology being the only advantage the Wii had over its competition, unless Nintendo bangs out the "next big thing" in videogaming its new motion-sensing technology will be irrelevant.

I've also only really played the Wii for Super Smash Bros., although in my experience anything "party-ish" (alcohol-fueled FTW, just make sure you have those wrist straps secure) works fine.

P.S. sidenote, it's Premezilla (obscure lurker) updating account info, hope everybody's been well.
Quote:Angel' date='Oct 6 2009, 12:21 AM' post='173125']
We got the MP controllers and bought them with Wii Sports Resort. It's great fun, but I suspect that it'll fade in popularity (at least in this house) as quickly as the original controllers (and wii sports) did.

There still aren't enough games for the Wii, mp-compatible or not. (No, you cannot make your old golf-game mp-compatible either I'm afraid.) Trade it in at Gamespot and get the new one. According to gametrailers, it's a leap in technology and a much better game. Same goes for a certain tennis game I can't remember.

We own a Wii, but before MP arrived, we hadn't used it since we got it a few years back. PS3 is used daily though. Now that Sony and Microsoft are in the motion sensor-business as well, the Wii is doomed. (even though they have a comfortable lead when it comes to units sold worldwide)

I see a bit what you mean....for me it also had been some time ago that I played. Even though we only bought ours in autumn 2008. I stopped playing farcry vengeance because on the map it showed there was still an enemy and I couldn't find him....then I got bored.

I might indeed have a look at trading in games (never did but it might be a good thing to do).

Further, I was in a target group that would not buy a ps3 or xbox anyway and like the fact that things are simple and quick to learn, and of course that a wii is not rediculously expensive.
Quote:In all honesty, with motion-sensing technology being the only advantage the Wii had over its competition, unless Nintendo bangs out the "next big thing" in videogaming its new motion-sensing technology will be irrelevant.

I've also only really played the Wii for Super Smash Bros., although in my experience anything "party-ish" (alcohol-fueled FTW, just make sure you have those wrist straps secure) works fine.

P.S. sidenote, it's Premezilla (obscure lurker) updating account info, hope everybody's been well.

Oh hi, were fine here (at least I am) and thanks for letting us know your old name.

I wasn't aware other companies would get into the motion sensor business (but I am aware of very little technology related things). I guess Nintendo will find something new.....I mean going for a system like the wii was a business strategy, they didn't do it because they were not able to make a normal console.....and it was a good strategy.
I would anyway guess motion sensing on the other consoles would mean a new generation of consoles again.....meaning that you have to make a new investment again, just like you would when you were updating from a ps2 to a ps3.
Both Sony and Microsoft are working on motion controls for their systems. If you do a bit of googling and watch a few videos, I'm sure you'll find both technologies superior to the one already on the market.

Here's Sony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiX-26VL4bM

Microsoft:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xboxprojectnat...=1&ob=4#p/u
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:P.S. sidenote, it's Premezilla (obscure lurker) updating account info, hope everybody's been well.

Didn't you have that signature which read, "Oh zilla, it's Premezilla"?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
To all those who say Nintendo is dead now that the other big video game companies are producing motion sensing devices, I disagree for a number of reasons:

1) The PS1 had the worst graphics I had ever seen and was slightly more expensive when it first came out to the N64, yet it sold like hot-cakes.

2) The Xbox 360 and PS2 are vastly superior to the Wii in every imaginable way, yet the Wii has outsold them in units by a tremendous margin, even though the 360 was out more than a year before the Wii. In this case, it was the opposite effect price wise than #1 which I believe won out the crowd.

[/RANTMODE ON]
The only conclusion I can come to is that gamers are simply retarded in their logic: "Wow, that seems cool, I'll get it," as opposed to, "Does this system outperform the others in some significant way, and how is the gameplay before I sink some money into it?" Spontaneous instant gratification wins out over logic for the average gamer IMO.

The only reason we bought the Wii was for my children. Once they got old enough to appreciate video games, we ditched the Wii and got a 360 and my kids have never been happier. The 360 has so many great games - I'd say almost every single one we bought is good if not great, and in comparison to the Wii games we owned, they're not even in the same ballpark. And the online capabilities of the 360 really make the experience with that system shine. Kudos to Microsoft for Xbox Live, free content, and their extremely addictive and intelligent marketing scheme.
[RANTMODE OFF]

Alright, but to my main point: Either Nintendo has a fanatical following, parents purchase Nintendo's for their kids because of it's "kid-friendly" allure, or it's low price point appeals to more people, because this console war has Nintendo sitting FIRMLY at the top of the ladder. With the huge fan base it is building and Nintendo's proven lack of fear at developing new idea generation after generation (NES had the light gun and power glove, N64 had the batman controller, Gamecube had tiny discs, Wii has the motion sensing controllers), I don't see Nintendo ever being knocked "out of the race." Maybe knocked down to the second place tier. Ultimately, time will be the judge.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Alright, but to my main point: Either Nintendo has a fanatical following, parents purchase Nintendo's for their kids because of it's "kid-friendly" allure, or it's low price point appeals to more people, because this console war has Nintendo sitting FIRMLY at the top of the ladder.

Bingo! Sony and Microsoft priced themselves so much outside the market (while still losing money on the consoles themselves) that the result of this round of console wars was hardly surprising. The motion sensing thing is secondary.

Which is going to be interesting when Sony and Microsoft drop their own motion sensing tech into the market. As long as the Wii keeps being much cheaper, that tech is going to do diddly squat. Because that's not the issue.