Terenas Friday 3/31
Ok, with 1.10, here are my thoughts.

I was thinking that we take a break from UBRS this week (we've been doing that for weeks now). Strat, Scholo, and LBRS are where I think we should go. First of all, it's important to get the bracers, gloves, and belt first as they are the first two upgrade quests.

Right now with odd numbers, only LBRS is possible. I know there are quite a few things still to be obtained there, whether raid or 5 man.

I was thinking what I would do is to post multiple events for Friday (since I can't play right now -- let's assume by Friday we'll be up and running <_< ). People sign up for the one they'd prefer to go on. Depending on our numbers we may have to collapse and adjust but this would save all the discussion about preference. I think Vilus has been pushing for more of their folks to use the website, so hopefully they do (it'll be more important now without UBRS as a default).

Does that sound ok? I was thinking of posting 3 events (Scholo, Undead Strat, LBRS) but could add BRD and/or Scarlet Strat as well (it is theoretically possible for us to field all of them).

Sign up for one of the events right here. They can start earlier too, if 5 people of appropriate classes are all on and want to go. We will not be able to field all 5 events I put up, but please sign up for your preference and we'll adjust from there.
I was thinking we have a BRD run for the lower levs so they can get EXP vs. an LBRS run which is either pretty challenging 5 man or a raid where they don't get much EXP.

There is new stuff in BRD, dunno about casters, but Naglering is now a tanking ring (from Golem Lord Arglemach) with 10 stam and +5 DEF. Force of will was moved to Angerforge (trink with +7 def) and Hand of Justice was moved to Emperor, supposedly with a significantly increased drop rate.

So I wouldn't mind going into BRD with some 50s if they need the help.

Otherwise yeah, Scholo / Strat with the leftover spilling into LBRS sounds good.

Personally, I think we should start by focusing on getting people the first 3 pieces of their sets. The hard/fun part will be the 45 minute baron run, and this requires that you have done the first 2 quest lines (bracers, belt, gloves). The majority of these items are in Strat live or LBRS referring to my prioritization post in the T0 thread, the warrior gloves and rogue bracers are the only thing people (in Lurkers) need that drop outside of these places.

I'd be more inclined to suggest live side first, with a (quicker) dead run or 2 after.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Need 3 pieces from Strat Dead (including the damn bracers which I wouldn't wear till I upgraded them anyway), most definitely where I want to go. :) The other piece is from UBRS.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Unsure of my status, but BRD is probably my preference as well. Force of Will and Nagelring are both really desired for me, and getting some great exp for our uncapped players is a good thing. OK, it doesn't make sense to have both tanks wanting to go into BRD, but I do think it's a good choice. If I come, I'll go wherever I'm needed. LBRS has the belt for me, and I think I'll wear the belt and the bracers of Heroism for the 2 item bonus.

Other gear changes brought on by 1.10 have me looking at replacing Master Cannoneer Boots with the new Deathbone Sabatons, and using the new Deathbone Legguards in place of the Legplates of the Eternal Guardian. I'd gain 11 defense (+3 defense set bonus) and lose 185 armor and 10 hitpoints. I would have a libram enchant slot (currently have +100 hitpoints on LotEG) to help make for part of what I lose (why I am lose 10 hitpoints instead of gaining 90. I still haven't decided yet, as I hate giving up that much armor.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Mar 28 2006, 11:45 PM Wrote:Unsure of my status, but BRD is probably my preference as well.&nbsp; Force of Will and Nagelring are both really desired for me, and getting some great exp for our uncapped players is a good thing.&nbsp; OK, it doesn't make sense to have both tanks wanting to go into BRD, but I do think it's a good choice.&nbsp; If I come, I'll go wherever I'm needed.&nbsp; LBRS has the belt for me, and I think I'll wear the belt and the bracers of Heroism for the 2 item bonus.

Other gear changes brought on by 1.10 have me looking at replacing Master Cannoneer Boots with the new Deathbone Sabatons, and using the new Deathbone Legguards in place of the Legplates of the Eternal Guardian.&nbsp; I'd gain 11 defense (+3 defense set bonus) and lose 185 armor and 10 hitpoints.&nbsp; I would have a libram enchant slot (currently have +100 hitpoints on LotEG) to help make for part of what I lose (why I am lose 10 hitpoints instead of gaining 90.&nbsp; I still haven't decided yet, as I hate giving up that much armor.
[right][snapback]105762[/snapback][/right]

I'm staying out of Fri SR raids, I think, unless we do Ony, in which case I'll do the early one, and be at Terenas by 7 server time.

So, a 57/58 shammy could do real damage in BRD, and complete some quests!

I'd even dive into the lave so I could go talk to Forgewright about a key! :D
--Mav
Ok, so far I've put up two events before GuildPortal bugged out and died (BRD and Undead Strat acc. to early reponses). I learned a few things -- unless you are a paying customer, you can only have 10 events total. I deleted all past events to make room, and also Mistique's events which talked about getting in raids on Strat and Scholo before 1.10.

We might want to add a Saturday event with more appropriate text now that 1.10 has come out to replace the one Mist had up.

For myself personally, I do need to get Balnazzar's head, but I have all my set pieces from Scarlet Strat. Still need Undead Strat and Scholo pieces. Any of these three would be my preference.
I'll be there on Friday night. I'm not sure where the best place is for me to go. I doubt BRD. I need the shoulders, chest and bracers. The bracers used to be in Scholo and shoulders with the cannon guy in Strat live.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Well, I'm not going to make it this Friday, but I need both the bracers and gloves, which used to drop from Live (although it looks like some mobs in dead used to drop the bracers). Who knows where they've put the gloves, now that they're BOE.

I also have three pieces (2 damage pieces and the devout legs) that I want from the dead side.

So, this is where I would like to go next time I can play, which should be 4/7. Although, if you guys see the gloves & bracers, could you hold onto them for me, since both are now BOE? :)

<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
I never really said my 'preference'.

If I'm needed to tank I would most prefer LBRS, since my belt is a gating item to getting to the 45 minute baron run.

If I'm needed for BRD I'd be happy to tank that, there's a bunch of good stuff there now.

If for scholo, that's cool too, since it has the other two remaining valor pieces.

Strat or UBRS I'd have preference to bring the warlock instead since Conc mostly has his gear from those places, priest if necessary, but I'd prefer the warlock.

Since we've been a little light on tanking lately, I'll leave out of the signups for now and see if there's necessity for tanking a specific instance and sign up Friday morning.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
I'm not terribly picky, myself. I'm missing three set items, the cowl, which drops off Gandling in Scholo, the Kilt, which drops off the Baron in STrat Dead, and the chestpiece, which drops off Drakk in UBRS. If I had to prioritize, I would probably say Strat Dead would be my first choice, followed by Scholo, and UBRS. However, as always, I'm willing to go where I'm most needed.

Edit: I have tanked Scholo before, so if both our warriors end up in BRD, or somewhere else, I can tank a scholo or a Strat run. I've spent most of my time in recent weeks healing, but as long as I have a good healer behind me, and a good group who follows main assist, doesn't break CC etc. I am a capable tank.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Hmm, well a warrior on the WoW forums reported a Belt of Valor dropping from a random mob in Strat.

At least they're BoE now so they won't go to waste if they end up in a group with no warrior.
If we go somewhere that Rogoll can't get an upgrade, I'll just bring Magead who will get upgrades just about anywhere.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Mogo's healing gear got a boost thanks to some shuffling of stats on a couple of items so she's ready to heal wherever she needs to go. I've got the bracers, gloves and belt, but none of the rotten BOP stuff has dropped for her yet so my "priority" runs would be scholo, baron or UBRS. Oh, LBRS for the boots, but really, I'll only need the boots for upgrading them or just completing the entire elements set so LBRS is low on the priority list for me. There are still enchants that drop in Strat and Scholo that I'd like as well. I have a teeny-tiny bit of dark iron ore to turn into the monkey in BRD for more thorium brotherhood rep, but I also still have the quest to rescue the princess. And of course, there's always trying to get the stupid black dragonscale leggings pattern to drop for Marn in BRD. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Another interesting note from the forums:

Quote:Also we killed Forstren Hearthstringer before opening the gate since has so close to dead side. He dropped the Magister Boots

Looks like multiple reports of the valor belt coming from the Abominations in the slaughterhouse.
One thing to note. At 56 Wimpy couldn't get the 1st quest for upgrading to Dungeon 2 set. So I'm guessing that there's a lvl 60 requirement for doing the upgrade quests.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
WimpySmurf,Mar 29 2006, 05:49 PM Wrote:One thing to note.&nbsp; At 56 Wimpy couldn't get the 1st quest for upgrading to Dungeon 2 set.&nbsp; So I'm guessing that there's a lvl 60 requirement for doing the upgrade quests.
[right][snapback]105846[/snapback][/right]

Good to know.

I would like to note that MarnTruehorn, SwirlyTracks, Mistique, Xarhud and Rogoll appear to be the only ones without the bracers, which while BoE are the first items you need in the upgrade chains. That would make strat (live or dead), BRS (lower or upper), and scholomance places of some priority.

And yes, I'll go anywhere, including BRD since I've yet to kill the stupid emperor yet either and as Treesh pointed out that there where the Black dragonscale pants drop from as well. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I need to be out of the house and on my way to work by 9:30 P.M EST, so unless we're able to get anything done early, don't believe I'll be able to help.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Ok, well signups are not turning out to help very much in this process.

Here is my suggestion -- let's pair up a tank and a healer who agree on an acceptable location. As soon as they are on, they can ask who wants to come with. As soon as they are full, they go.

I do not expect the Lost Souls to provide a tank. There is a chance they can provide a healer but let's do the best planning we can as if they won't.

Healers:
Nashkara (coming?)
Necrali
Fazuul
Mogoraindyn

Tanks:
Nashkara (maybe... ?)
Durambar
Conc
Marntruehorn
Fazuul

Swirly has his warrior but we'll play that by ear.

Since Mogo goes with Marn, we could do something like:

Mogo/Marn (shaman healer and hunter pet tanking -- how far can they go?) If that's not going to cut it, then we need a druid as a tank. We could consider shaman tanking but neither of our shamans are specced much for it.

Someone help me out here.
vor_lord,Mar 30 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:We could consider shaman tanking but neither of our shamans are specced much for it.

Someone help me out here.
[right][snapback]105907[/snapback][/right]

Mogo does not do well tanking and healing at the same time. I can hold aggro easily enough, but I take too much damage unless I'm in my melee gear and then I don't have the mana pool. I'll have to look at her hybrid gear again, but I really can't guarantee with her spec and gearing at being able to both tank and heal in the high game instances.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 30 2006, 05:23 PM Wrote:Mogo does not do well tanking and healing at the same time.  I can hold aggro easily enough, but I take too much damage unless I'm in my melee gear and then I don't have the mana pool.  I'll have to look at her hybrid gear again, but I really can't guarantee with her spec and gearing at being able to both tank and heal in the high game instances.
[right][snapback]105908[/snapback][/right]

Keshoga can go about anywhere. She's only got the Elements bracers and belt. And XP > items at this point, too, so 5-man would be great.

I'm specced for block and parry, but I don't really have the armor. I can OT, but tanking hard-hitters is going to suck up a lot of mana.

--Mav