Blizzard News, of the bad sort
Starcraft Ghost postponed again

I have been watching the development of that game with some interest, and have a long face due to what looks like the next of the thousand cuts that will likely kill this game.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 26 2006, 07:02 PM Wrote:Starcraft Ghost postponed again

I have been watching the development of that game with some interest, and have a long face due to what looks like the next of the thousand cuts that will likely kill this game.

Occhi
[right][snapback]105506[/snapback][/right]
And by now they could have developed and published StarCraft II.

Irony.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Occhidiangela,Mar 26 2006, 01:02 PM Wrote:Starcraft Ghost postponed again

Occhi
[right][snapback]105506[/snapback][/right]

The more we see delays, the more I wonder if Nova is having a drink with Duke Nukem right now at the Vaporware Cafe.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Mar 27 2006, 09:24 AM Wrote:The more we see delays, the more I wonder if Nova is having a drink with Duke Nukem right now at the Vaporware Cafe.
[right][snapback]105551[/snapback][/right]
My one real problem with this game is that Blizzard departed from the Original Starcraft art "look and feel" for a more Anime influenced cartoon style.

I realize that is due to the subcontractor they hired to do the console game.

To remain true to the fanbase, the art needs to capture the look and feel of the Ghosts of Starcraft. I suspect that a significant portion of the fanbase feels as I do, and given the capabilities of current processors -- for example Half Life 2 -- in rendering more realistic figures and some of what I have see of XBox 360 graphics, Starcraft Ghost would do well to dump the pouty Anime avatar and return to the pretty if somewhat psycho Sarah Kerrigan avatar.

Other than that, I am looking forward to this game. :) My son is almost old enough for us to consider an FPS. And then we have to decide on which box to get.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Speaking of Starcract, check out Gamespot's April fools joke :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Apr 1 2006, Wrote:Speaking of Starcract, check out Gamespot's April fools joke :)
[right][snapback]106013[/snapback][/right]
Sweet. :lol: This is the final fantasy of many a gamer, I think . . .

Quote:And for those marathon stretches you'll doubtlessly end up spending with the game, Blizzard's got you covered with a full-on integration with its newly-announced BurgerCraft franchise. By typing /burger at any point in the game, you'll gain access to a highly integrated menu, allowing you to special-order fast food, delivered straight to your home. Since Blizzard's got your account data, charges will be transparently applied, seamlessly integrating the fast-food-buying experience straight into the game
:lol:

Now, if they could just learn how to digitize and stream pizza, via a Bitorrent or similar tool over battlenet, they could revolutionize internet business models for all time, and some folks would never have to leave the house. :lol:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 27 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:My one real problem with this game is that Blizzard departed from the Original Starcraft art "look and feel" for a more Anime influenced cartoon style. 
[right][snapback]105552[/snapback][/right]

My one problem with the game was pretty much summed up in a Penny Arcad comic (for which I am scouring the archives right now). I'll be posting it here shortly.

Edit: Thanks Assur. Rehosted the comic and here it is...

*language warning*
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/866/20040623h8wt.jpg
*language warning*

I had the image in my post just now, but changed it back to a link. Forgot that last cell's language.
See you in Town,
-Z
This one?

[Image: 20020920h.gif]
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Zarathustra,Apr 1 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:My one problem with the game was pretty much summed up in a Penny Arcad comic (for which I am scouring the archives right now).  I'll be posting it here shortly.
[right][snapback]106024[/snapback][/right]

I think this might be the PA comic you're looking for B)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/06/23
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”