Play PlanetSide Free
http://planetside.station.sony.com/reserves/

This is one of my favorite games ever I have been playing it on and off since release.

Sony is trying out different subscription models so they put paid billboard ads up in the bases and have let noobs play free up to a cap of battle rank 6.
This int a "1 month" offer, its new supsciption option.

The nice about PlanetSide is rank doesnt make you a better or worse fighter it just increases the number of equipment certifications you can have. At BR 6 you will be able to have a good infantry load out and be able to fly or drive at least 1 vehicle. Plus you can switch out the certifications.

So if you like the idea of an MMO FPS with both solo and squad based combat give this a try.

My friend plays this game, it looks pretty fun. I have only played it for a short time myself, but it is an interesting set up, they pulled it off well. Definitely worth the bandwidth to download it.
WWBBD?
I would love to play this but the fact I'm getting 27 KB/sec on a 2 gig download is persuading me otherwise :( The Sony servers must be having a very very very slow day :angry: I suppose I'll leave it up and see what happens.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
I gotta admit, PlanetSide did interest me when it first came out; but I then heard things about Sony trying to run the game into the ground with much crapiness.

What's the deal with that, yo?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
ima_nerd,Mar 26 2006, 11:18 AM Wrote:I would love to play this but the fact I'm getting 27 KB/sec on a 2 gig download is persuading me otherwise :( The Sony servers must be having a very very very slow day :angry: I suppose I'll leave it up and see what happens.
[right][snapback]105494[/snapback][/right]

Its a big game. Plus this offer just started yesterday, so I suspect they are doing a lot of downloading.

Its worth loading at night while you sleep IMO.
NiteFox,Mar 26 2006, 11:30 AM Wrote:I gotta admit, PlanetSide did interest me when it first came out; but I then heard things about Sony trying to run the game into the ground with much crapiness.

What's the deal with that, yo?
[right][snapback]105495[/snapback][/right]

How would we know the deal with the rumors you heard? ;)

Anyway Sony made a serious misques with the game a year after release by introducing powerful giant robotsyou could drive.

But since they have nerfed the robots into being modestly powerful but vulnerable gun platforms. They now quite reasonable(I have never even felt the need to use them). They are the only thing not available to reserve players, but its no loss.
lgghyvoyuwefi!

I just realized it was downloading onto my Desktop which is on the parttion with less than a gig of free space. So, 3 hours and 500 megs of downloading wasted ... :(

Although, on a positive note, restarting the download made the rate go to a nice 250 kb/s :D
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Question before I start the DL: Do I need a creditcard to register for the free version?

I played the beta test of Planetside, fun game, but it lagged like hell back then. Wonder how it turned out.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.